Rhea County Coaching Search

"I laugh out loud at you people complaining about us not hiring the SCES middle school coach."

First, when he left it was SCMS. Second, he has been coaching at RCHS for several years now. Third, Jerry Cook is a good coach and person. Obviously you never watched a Bulldog Football game when he was coaching there or you would know that. With that said, he knows the RCHS program, he knows the players and I doubt he will moving anywhere, anytime soon.

We need a coach that wants to be at Rhea County. We need a coach who is a good example for the young men who want to play football at Rhea County. We need a coach who wants what is best for Rhea County Football. I believe the majority of us know who that person is. But, we are not in charge of hiring. Therefore we must sit and wait "again" on the Administration to make their decision.

They sure did not have a problem hiring a local person for the soccer job (Justin Smith/1st yr teacher/coaching boys and girls soccer) or the softball job (Hannah Suits/2nd yr teacher and also coaches volleyball).

They sure did not have a problem hiring a local person for the soccer job (Justin Smith/1st yr teacher/coaching boys and girls soccer) or the softball job (Hannah Suits/2nd yr teacher and also coaches volleyball).

This post is not a statement against Coach Cook, only an observation about coaching comparisons. Hiring a coach for soccer or softball is not in the same league as hiring a football coach at a 6A football school, two different realms. I don't mean to belittle soccer or softball, but the dynamics and complexity of coaching high school football and the scrutiny placed on the coach by the media, fans, and parents are on a much higher level than any other sport in high school.

"I laugh out loud at you people complaining about us not hiring the SCES middle school coach."

First, when he left it was SCMS. Second, he has been coaching at RCHS for several years now. Third, Jerry Cook is a good coach and person. Obviously you never watched a Bulldog Football game when he was coaching there or you would know that. With that said, he knows the RCHS program, he knows the players and I doubt he will moving anywhere, anytime soon.

We need a coach that wants to be at Rhea County. We need a coach who is a good example for the young men who want to play football at Rhea County. We need a coach who wants what is best for Rhea County Football. I believe the majority of us know who that person is. But, we are not in charge of hiring. Therefore we must sit and wait "again" on the Administration to make their decision.

Doug Green has been offered!Waiting on answe.

Too long...didn't read.

Bottom line:

Cook is one of the least qualified coaches being talked about for this job. If some of you people didn't know him personally you wouldn't want him to be our coach. People getting jobs just because of who they are/who they know/who they're related to is what got us into this mess in the first place. To get things back in line, we're going to need a self-made man like Walt Cameron (2008 Region 4-4A Offensive Coordinator of the Year).

Too long...didn't read.

Bottom line:

Cook is one of the least qualified coaches being talked about for this job. If some of you people didn't know him personally you wouldn't want him to be our coach. People getting jobs just because of who they are/who they know/who they're related to is what got us into this mess in the first place. To get things back in line, we're going to need a self-made man like Walt Cameron (2008 Region 4-4A Offensive Coordinator of the Year).

Now that is a joke! Bottom Line!

Too long...didn't read.

Bottom line:

ryan thats enough