CPA Basketball

MrBibee50

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have finally gotten to a point where I have to make a comment. I have been reading the threads on CoachT for about a year now. There seems to be a lot of EXPERTS on HS Bball on this site. Unfortunately, only the individuals that observe the kids on a daily basis can be the true commentators. I really like the fact that CPA4ever supports his Lions. What I admire most, is the fact that win, lose, or draw, he continues to post. I just have to say this for all the naysayers who have and continually discounts EL. We were the ONLY school to represent Middle Tennessee, yet, we couldn't even get publicity on the free public access channel(19). When anyone did bother to do a story, it was the worst commentary that could be given (15-30 secs). I do understand that they have traditionally been the doormat for everyone to walk on, but look at us now! What people fail to realize is the fact that the senios that were lost were only one of the MANY links in the chain. The non-seniors will be much stronger as a unit that this year's team. With that being said, just wait until the smoke clears to see the last team standing. So, good luck to all. Sadly, the component of the train that made the train run this year won't be along for the ride next year and they won't maximize their potential (and it's not the players either). Think about it!!!

Well, I have finally gotten to a point where I have to make a comment. I have been reading the threads on CoachT for about a year now. There seems to be a lot of EXPERTS on HS Bball on this site. Unfortunately, only the individuals that observe the kids on a daily basis can be the true commentators. I really like the fact that CPA4ever supports his Lions. What I admire most, is the fact that win, lose, or draw, he continues to post. I just have to say this for all the naysayers who have and continually discounts EL. We were the ONLY school to represent Middle Tennessee, yet, we couldn't even get publicity on the free public access channel(19). When anyone did bother to do a story, it was the worst commentary that could be given (15-30 secs). I do understand that they have traditionally been the doormat for everyone to walk on, but look at us now! What people fail to realize is the fact that the senios that were lost were only one of the MANY links in the chain. The non-seniors will be much stronger as a unit that this year's team. With that being said, just wait until the smoke clears to see the last team standing. So, good luck to all. Sadly, the component of the train that made the train run this year won't be along for the ride next year and they won't maximize their potential (and it's not the players either). Think about it!!!

[/quote

I agree that East Litereature had a great Post Season run and they deserve lots of praise and kudos for doing a great job. They represented district, region and middle TN well and after beating CPA, I was pulling for them all the way. As a CPA fan, if CPA is overlooking East Lit next year, they will probably spend Spring Break watching the state tournament. East Lit is tough and has the kind of team that gives CPA fits. I will say that whatever team from Region 5 gets through has a potential to make a good run at state. Last year 4 of the top 7 ranked teams in AA came from Region 5. Only two can make it through.

Obviously, the Literature portion of East Literature is not working for you. If you read carefully you'll see that this topic is about CPA!

It's funny how people who don't have friends stick their nose in other people's affairs. I'm sorry that the truth hurts. Maybe you should find a hobby...or find a volleyball thread to comment on.

First of all "champ," you stuck your East Lit nose into a CPA thread. So don't get your feelings hurt when you're wrong and someone calls you on it.

Secondly, I'll bite. East Lit is in the district with CPA so it is reasonable that they will square off again in a big stakes game. They lost several players but you say it is not a player that will be missed. Did the coach leave? Who will be missing?

By the way, how did you know I was sitting alone youtubing volleyball games?

Edited by OffTheRecord

• 4 months later...

I can argue that. In what year were they the favorite to win it all?

I agree with that question. Which year? Last year Bolivar and Liberty Tech would have beaten CPA. The fact that East Literature shocked CPA in the state semifinals a year ago was a miracle.

CPA played with great effort the year that they lost to Dyer County (thanks to some awful officiating) in the state tourney. They were hardly what I would have called "the favorites" then either.