AC vs. CAK

Space3

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to go with CAK, AC is young and its early. CAK has some good talent, strong, if they have a weakness, they don't run the ball well. This one will be an air show, but CAK in a close one... Look for AC to get better as the year wears on.

At times in the past, CAK has run the ball very well(Kolinsky 2007 and 2008.) The bottom line is CAK is a passing team, and much like a running team who says, "we're going to run until someone makes us pass" CAK has passed until someone showed them they could stop it.

I believe several factors may lead to CAK running the ball in this game more than they have in many contests. Why? 1.CAK has better OL size this year than they have ever had. Make no mistake, they are inexperienced and will have to step up quickly, but the potential is there. CAK has a talented tailback (5-10 185) with very good speed and good hands. He has the potential to be very effective. 3. AC will likely run a 3-5 which may make the run option more appealing to the CAK coaching staff than it is in some match-ups (speculation on my part).

CAK just has so many unknowns. 1 defensive starter returning and 3 on offense. Just as you point out that AC is young and it's early, that is my concern with CAK. Pulling for CAK but I have to give the edge to the much larger school in AC.

popcorn.gif

Edited by Govolsknox

This is a guessing game...will they run, will they pass, will they blitz or will they cover. Those are questions for both teams. I expect both of these teams to be very good by mid-season, but lots of unanswered questions on both sides for the season opener, especially when matched against each other. Normally I would expect a lot of points, but with it being the first game of the season I expect both teams to make mistakes and possibly be a bit out of sync. So the old cliche of turnovers, penalties and special teams determining the outcome could very easily come true. I know both coaching staffs must be working feverishly to finalize game plans. Games like this would be much more enjoyable to me if they didn't count against your team for playoff qualifications. But like so many have said previously, either way, this game should help prepare each team for the rest of the season. Good luck to both teams for an injury free contest. GO WARRIORS!

This should be a really great game and I really struggled picking a winner...CAK has ran the system for years but AC will no doubt have the coaching edge...AC is extremely young and that could hurt them later on in the season but I think they will be fine this game 35 28 AC

Coaching Edge? Is a CAK staff full of national champoinships and a head coach who has a been a proven winner not enough?