Best players EVER to come from your Team.

It wouldn't be a Chevy Nomad that I remember looking at out the window of the Elementary school would it? :rolleyes:

I actually had two 55's in those days: a two door post Bel Air that I still have and drive weekly and a 55 Chevy sedan delivery that I wish I still had! You are recalling the sedan delivery that looks a lot like a Nomad.

Thanks for the memories!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stars,

Maybe not the greatest football player ever top play at FHS ... but Dropsy was certainly the greatest Ford mechanic to ever wear the Blue and White ! Of course, if I recall correctly, I think Scots50 was always partial to Chevys ...

Yes I am! Still have my 55 Chevy fron high school. But I have back slided some in recent years....I own a Toyota1 LOL

Govman

I still have nightmares about Junior Tillet. In 1990 I believe he ran for nearly 300yds in a WB win over Maryville 31-0.

Darren Garner was a good back for the Govs a few years back as well when they beat my team OR...They had a receiver named Don Cope who had a real good game that night too...Cant remember the year that was, but it was the same year they lost to maryville by 1 Point! Really good WB team that year.

Darren Garner was a good back for the Govs a few years back as well when they beat my team OR...They had a receiver named Don Cope who had a real good game that night too...Cant remember the year that was, but it was the same year they lost to maryville by 1 Point! Really good WB team that year.

Best William Blount team I saw by far. The year was 2007. That William Blount team had by far the best linebacker corps I saw that year. Cole Lail,Will Irwin and the Garland kid were really good. Garner and Cope were studs. Burstrum was a very good quarterback. William Blount should have went further than they did.

Springfield , Cotton Crom 1948-50 Played for Bear Bryant at Kentucky ,James Thaxton Springfield's only All American , Ricky Chatman 74-77 W.K.U RECORD HOLDER for K.O. AND PUNT returns for T.D.'s at one time in the state ,Termaine Turner 95-98 All State two years started for Ole Miss three years at tailback.

Should also add that John Hudson picked up a Super Bowl ring while playing for the Ravens. Can't many players say that.

That's true. I should also add that Marsalis Teague won both Mr. Football and Gatorade player of the year as a senior.

A few players that I left off the list that could be added:

Derek Allen(father of Dominique)- Played RB. Held Henry County's all time rushing record until I believe his own son broke it just 3 years ago.

Larry Kendall- Another excellent RB. Played a crucial role on our 1992 semifinal team. Went on to play at Murray State University.

Woody Winchester- Was a 3 year starter at QB from 1994-1996. HC made the playoffs all 3 seasons with him at the helm, including a trip to the semifinals in 1995 in which we lost a heart breaker to Montgomery Bell Academy. Held most, if not all of our passing records until they were broken by Calvin McNairl. He was also a standout pitcher on the baseball team, and ultimately went on to play baseball for Murray State.

Many more I could list. Any other Henry Co. fans who aren't in hibernation for the summer feel free to add some of your favorites.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Best William Blount team I saw by far. The year was 2007. That William Blount team had by far the best linebacker corps I saw that year. Cole Lail,Will Irwin and the Garland kid were really good. Garner and Cope were studs. Burstrum was a very good quarterback. William Blount should have went further than they did.

Yes, that was a really really good team. Garner could absolutely fly...kid was FAST

Springfield , Cotton Crom 1948-50 Played for Bear Bryant at Kentucky ,James Thaxton Springfield's only All American , Ricky Chatman 74-77 W.K.U RECORD HOLDER for K.O. AND PUNT returns for T.D.'s at one time in the state ,Termaine Turner 95-98 All State two years started for Ole Miss three years at tailback.

Tremaine Turner..........now that guy was a STUD!!!!

Pearl Cohn. John Henderson was the most dominant player I ever seen.

The Pearl-Cohn teams of the mid-to-late '90's (in particular 1997) were awesome. John Henderson & Santonio Beard were both IMPACT players in the SEC. They went 6 straight weeks from Week 9-14 (Semifinals) to where they surrendered a total of 0 POINTS.