Best players EVER to come from your Team.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Hudson, OL from Henry County. Played at Auburn. Went on to play 10 seasons in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles, New York Jets, and Baltimore Ravens.

Marsalis Teague, formerly played QB for Henry County. Currently seeing the field regularly as a DB for the Tennessee Vols.

Dominique Allen, RB/FB at Henry County. Graduated the same year as Teague and had an offer list that was nearly as long. Ended up playing a short stint as a FB for the LSU Tigers before being dismissed because of academic issues, and is going to play football for a smaller school.

Calvin McNairl, played QB at Henry County. Went to Tennessee State University where he played QB for two seasons before being moved to receiver this past season, and still has one more year of eligibility and is considered one of, if not their best receiver.

Much talent has come out of Henry Co. over the years, but the 4 listed above stood out the most. Andrew Jelks, current offensive lineman for Henry County, graduates next year and will likely join this list. He currently holds 17 or 18 D1 offers including 6 from SEC schools.

Should also add that John Hudson picked up a Super Bowl ring while playing for the Ravens. Can't many players say that.

I'll give a vote to "Hal Miller" as one of the best players to ever play for my favorite high school football team,Dobyns-Bennett.He played on a DB team that was not scored on in 1947 and a co-captian on the 1952 national champion Georgia tech team.Hal was an all-american before playing one year in the NFL and then going to the military.Hal is a member of the Georgia and Tennessee Hall of fames and was called one of the best offensive tackles that Frank Broyles ever seen play in his many years as a college coach or administrator

Edited by BatmanDB

I'll give a vote to "Hal Miller" as one of the best players to ever play for my favorite high school football team,Dobyns-Bennett.He played on a DB team that was not scored on in 1947 and a co-captian on the 1952 national champion Georgia tech team.Hal was an all-american before playing one year in the NFL and then going to the military.Hal is a member of the Georgia and Tennessee Hall of fames and was called one of the best offensive tackles that Frank Broyles ever seen play in his many years as a college coach or administrator

What about Mike Faulkerson for DB.

What about Mike Faulkerson for DB.

Yes,a great player.How about Ed and Bob Cifers.I think current pro Gerald Sensabaugh has the most years of any pro player that went to DB.Teddy Gaines was the fastest player and I enjoyed watching him work with the kids as a part of the DB staff a few years ago.Many great players besides these guys.

Yes,a great player.How about Ed and Bob Cifers.I think current pro Gerald Sensabaugh has the most years of any pro player that went to DB.Teddy Gaines was the fastest player and I enjoyed watching him work with the kids as a part of the DB staff a few years ago.Many great players besides these guys.

Teddy gaines was fast. I remember going to watch some of the OR players run in a track meet at Science Hill and Teddy just blew away everybody in the 200.

E.J. Junior, Maplewood 77. Dominate Linebacker. Plyaed 13 years in the NFL. Plus anytime Bear Bryant comes to your house, you must be pretty good. :popcorneater:

A teammate of mine in 1977 at Greeneville "Ramond Perry" was in line to do much the same with many schools including the Bear's Tide wanting him.An injury caused a lot of schools to back off is what I was told.All I know is he was 6'2 240 and ran a sub 4.6 40.The stongest young man I had ever seen at the time as well.He played tackle but would have been all world at linebacker .He was the meanest player we had and all of us thought we were pretty mean because we had to do something to make up for not being able to win games.Last I heard,Raymond is a minister now.

Edited by BatmanDB

Don't forget Daniel Kilgore, 4-yr OL starter at Appalachian State, All-Conference player and was selected in the 5th round in the 2011 NFL draft by the 49ers.

Here are some from teams I watched.

Alcoa. With all the great players I have seen from that school I truly believe Billy Williams was the best I have seen.

Lenoir City. Travis Cozart and it isn't even close.

Loudon. Reggie Brown. Should have been a star at UT but got in trouble.

Austin East. Leroy Thompson is one of the best players I ever seen

Pearl Cohn. John Henderson was the most dominant player I ever seen.

He played for a long time in th NFL...over ten years. Last I heard, he was coaching at a college in Ohio.

That is correct. We had a run of athletes that was pretty impressive. Melvin and Michael Gibson, Preston Brown, E.J., his younger brother Keith, Al Young, Thomas Goodlow and of course mykidsdad.

Oh wait I was not on that list, I made a different one! :oops::popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad