Can WhiteHouse Repeat As 4A State Champs?

BasilDuke

Can they repeat as state champs?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• No
    • No Way

I never thought I'd be saying this but from 1987-2010 under a certain "someone" here are White House's numbers:

215 wins & 85 losses

13 trips to the quarterfinal round of the TSSAA State Playoffs

5 trips to the semifinal round of the TSSAA State Playoffs

1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

I'd say they are doing it right when it comes to having success on the gridiron. Does that mean they are going to win the state this year? NO! It does mean that for someone to say that White House is a mediocre/average football program is not exactly correct.

Let's take Greeneville during that same time span and compare the numbers:

195 wins & 90 losses

8 trips to the quarterfinal round of the TSSAA State Playoffs

4 trips to the semifinal round of the TSSAA State Playoffs

2 trips to the TSSAA State Championship Game

1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

According to those numbers:

White House (215) has 20 more victories than does Greeneville (195).

White House (85) has 5 less losses than does Greeneville (90).

White House (13) has more trips to the state quarterfinals than does Greeneville (8).

White House (5) has more trips to the state semifinals than does Greeneville (4).

White House & Greeneville each have 1 state title trophy.

By the way, those stats come from one of the biggest "White House Fan Haters" that you'll see on CoachT. As "ignorant" as their fans strike us at times does not take away from the fact that their football team is pretty darn good.

it's so sad that someone, that apparently loathes whitehouse football, makes a better case for their program than there own fans can. :roflolk:

thanks hdik, you've knocked them down yet another peg in my book. :roflolk:

I never thought I'd be saying this but from 1987-2010 under a certain "someone" here are White House's numbers:

215 wins & 85 losses

13 trips to the quarterfinal round of the TSSAA State Playoffs

5 trips to the semifinal round of the TSSAA State Playoffs

1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

I'd say they are doing it right when it comes to having success on the gridiron. Does that mean they are going to win the state this year? NO! It does mean that for someone to say that White House is a mediocre/average football program is not exactly correct.

Let's take Greeneville during that same time span and compare the numbers:

195 wins & 90 losses

8 trips to the quarterfinal round of the TSSAA State Playoffs

4 trips to the semifinal round of the TSSAA State Playoffs

2 trips to the TSSAA State Championship Game

1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

According to those numbers:

White House (215) has 20 more victories than does Greeneville (195).

White House (85) has 5 less losses than does Greeneville (90).

White House (13) has more trips to the state quarterfinals than does Greeneville (8).

White House (5) has more trips to the state semifinals than does Greeneville (4).

White House & Greeneville each have 1 state title trophy.

I hope you know your comparing apples and oranges. Greeneville played in a higher classification than White House during your time frame up until 2009. I can tell you Greeneville would have won more games, made deeper play-off runs,and have more championships during that time frame if it wasn't for teams like Maryville and Morristown West :thumb: . So please don't compare 2 teams that have not even been in the same leauge :rolleyes:

Edited by Swipes

I hope you know your comparing apples and oranges. Greeneville played in a higher classification than White House during your time frame up until 2009. I can tell you Greeneville would have won more games, made deeper play-off runs,and have more championships during that time frame if it wasn't for teams like Maryville and Morristown West :thumb: . So please don't compare 2 teams that have not even been in the same leauge :rolleyes:

I agree that it isn't fair to compare White House to Greeneville in classification sense however I'll say that White House did go to the old 4A quarters in 2001 (lost to Hillsboro) and in 2010 (lost to Lexington). They could have been competitive as well. I suppose we'll never know since those days are long gone and the classes are now "watered down" in the new z-plan that's in effect.

If you want "Howdoitknow's Plan" here it is:

Get Rid of D-II

Classify the teams as A, AA, AA

Take the TOP 3 TEAMS from the 16 districts in each class (48 total playoff teams)

Put the 48 playoff qualifiers in 4 total classes (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A)

Have 4 state championship tournaments (12 team brackets) and you'll finish with your title games on Thanksgiving Weekend.

If you want "Howdoitknow's Plan" here it is:

Get Rid of D-II

Classify the teams as A, AA, AA

Take the TOP 3 TEAMS from the 16 districts in each class (48 total playoff teams)

Put the 48 playoff qualifiers in 4 total classes (1A, 2A, 3A, 4A)

Have 4 state championship tournaments (12 team brackets) and you'll finish with your title games on Thanksgiving Weekend.

Amen to that...

By the way, those stats come from one of the biggest "White House Fan Haters" that you'll see on CoachT. As "ignorant" as their fans strike us at times does not take away from the fact that their football team is pretty darn good.

Appreciate the recognition! Your stock just went up with me. We're no worse than anyone else on here that loves their school!(including snoball).

Edited by pitchfork1

it's so sad that someone, that apparently loathes whitehouse football, makes a better case for their program than there own fans can. :roflolk:

thanks hdik, you've knocked them down yet another peg in my book. :roflolk:

Our stats are available for anyone to see just go to whitehousefootball.com We don't have to make a "case" for our program, it speaks for itself and all things aren't measured in wins or losses.