Can WhiteHouse Repeat As 4A State Champs?

BasilDuke

Can they repeat as state champs?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• No
    • No Way

Signal Mountain wont even make it to the finals because of Greeneville or Maplewood. White House has a good shot if they draw the bracket up the same way as last year, then get killed in the championship! :roflol:

imagine that...someone w/o a championship ring on here running their trap.go scratch,swipes!

white house hasn't been a true contender in a long time. that's not changing this year. this over zealous bdp stuff is delusional thinking, i mean i love the fact that their fanbase is gung ho, but a lot of you devil fans need to accept the true state of things. losses to smith county and greenbrier last year were almost as inexcusable as these sad sack posts where you say that was just because of luck. if wh was the team you all claim they are, then luck wouldn't be a factor. you folks need to develope some sort of humilty and relize that wh isn't near the world beater you think they are, or you're all going to look very foolish when you are trying to stay at .500 by seasons end again this year. wh should beat greenbrier and smith this year, but in the same breath i'd say they should have beat them last year also and we all know how that turned out. macon county on the other hand will be a better team than both of them (greenbrier and sc) where last year and i'll predict right now that they will infact beat wh decidely. and for those that doubt that last statement look at how mc has progressed the last two season compaired to how wh has regressed. as bob dylan said; "the times they are a changing..."

The Goat sez: Excuse me Mr., I'm still a little unclear on...uh, well...no, I guess that was pretty clear! :rolleyes:

+1!!

imagine that...someone w/o a championship ring on here running their trap.go scratch,swipes!

Says the one who probably never has/will see the football field :roflol: . I actually know/helped alot of the seniors on last year team that were state champs when I played at GHS.

I remember DaCatfish having this debate with White House fans in 2006 & 2007 when they had fans on here saying they were going to win it all and then they lost in the playoffs each year to Pearl-Cohn. That 2007 game at White House was a classic when Pearl converted a 4th & GOAL from the 9 yard line in the final 2 minutes of the game to beat a very good White House team that featured the likes of Greenwade, Parker, Gaines, Boone, and the Paynes. Pearl-Cohn got hammered the next week in the semifinals by Knoxville Fulton. Knoxville Fulton then got knocked off in the state title game by David Lipscomb.

White House has been to the state semifinals twice since they won the Class 3A Title in 1997. They were defeated by Melrose in 2004 and Knoxville Catholic in 2008. They had other great teams that fell in the quarterfinals over the years to the likes of Hillsboro and Pearl-Cohn (mentioned above).

I personally see White House as an outstanding football program that will win lots of games and advance to the 2nd-3rd round of the playoffs on a yearly basis. There is nothing wrong with that at all in my opinion. I do not believe that White House (or any other midstate 4A program) will ever be at a level to where they'll be able to put a run of state championships together. The field at the 4A level is just way too even here. The list of teams below indicates this:

White House

Greenbrier

David Lipscomb

Maplewood

Giles County

Keep dreamin. BDP is Cookeville Bound!

If BDP makes it to Cookville (which they won't) They will not bring back a Gold Ball. The Eagles will own that ball this time next year. Then everyone can talk about the cupcakes we played to get it. You can have that Silver ball. We have no interest in 2nd place.

GO EAGLES!!

If BDP makes it to Cookville (which they won't) They will not bring back a Gold Ball. The Eagles will own that ball this time next year. Then everyone can talk about the cupcakes we played to get it. You can have that Silver ball. We have no interest in 2nd place.

GO EAGLES!!

Signal Mountain is a great football program. What they have accomplished in a very short period of time is awesome. Having said that I must say that they won't be playing TCA this year in the title game. Their wins against South Pittsburg and Trousdale are the only wins that would carry any water at the 4A level.

Now having said that it's like the ole "Boise State Debate". Yes they beat Virginia Tech and yes they beat Oregon State! The question is "can they beat teams to that level week in and week out?".

That's a fair question until it is seen and it will be a question that is asked until the Eagles are able to prove their doubters wrong :thumb:

GO EAGLES!!

The Goat sez: Now smtnfan, there's no reason WH can't be in Cookeville for the championship, there are good roads...and plenty of seating in the stands. :thumb:

The Goat sez: Now smtnfan, there's no reason WH can't be in Cookeville for the championship, there are good roads...and plenty of seating in the stands. :thumb:

You know Goat Man, thats the most intelligent post you've made on here in a long time and I agree. In fact, I will gladly save a seat for any White House player/fan that wants to sit on the Eagles side. Then they can at least win vicariously when Signal shocks the 4A football world and takes home the Gold their first year in the division. :lol::lol:

GO EAGLES!!

Edited by smtnfan

You know Goat Man, thats the most intelligent post you've made on here in a long time and I agree. In fact, I will gladly save a seat for any White House player/fan that wants to sit on the Eagles side. Then they can at least win vicariously when Signal shocks the 4A football world and takes home the Gold their first year in the division. :lol::lol:

GO EAGLES!!

The Goat sez: Are you gonna help buy tickets for the SM team? :roflol::roflol: