2011 Class 1A Coaches Poll

TCstinger

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is right, it is just a scrimmage. Also Jo Byrns doesn't play as tough as a schedule as Gordonsville does either...

A tougher schedule isn't a good enough reason for me. However,Jo Byrns' schedule this year is a bit tougher than their schedule the last several years. We added 4A Macon County, Humboldt, & 3A Chetham County. Jo Byrns plays Macon County (at Macon County) week zero...folks from that area ought to come watch em.

I don't know if JB will beat Macon Co. that early in the season though. They're going to have some growing pains on defense. Offensively we should be pretty solid.

A tougher schedule isn't a good enough reason for me. However,Jo Byrns' schedule this year is a bit tougher than their schedule the last several years. We added 4A Macon County, Humboldt, & 3A Chetham County. Jo Byrns plays Macon County (at Macon County) week zero...folks from that area ought to come watch em.

I don't know if JB will beat Macon Co. that early in the season though. They're going to have some growing pains on defense. Offensively we should be pretty solid.

I usually try and catch 1 or 2 of Macon County's games a year so I may try and make it out to that one. Macon County is a solid offensive teams but they play no defense. I would say Jo Byrns wins that game but it'll be a good one to watch.

Macon County will be a good team this year. They should beat Jo Byrns without too much of a problem. Cheatham County will probably lose to Jo Byrns, and I know nothing about Humboldt.

As far as JB's spring scrimmage with Gville, I fully expected JB to mop the floor with Gville considering what each team had coming back from last year, but it didn't happen. However, I put no stock whatsoever into any scrimmage much less a spring one.

Humbolt was one of the better teams in 2010. They lost a lot of talent. However, they should have speed and they have a great coach.

Edited by wingman10

Macon County will be a good team this year. They should beat Jo Byrns without too much of a problem. Cheatham County will probably lose to Jo Byrns, and I know nothing about Humboldt.

As far as JB's spring scrimmage with Gville, I fully expected JB to mop the floor with Gville considering what each team had coming back from last year, but it didn't happen. However, I put no stock whatsoever into any scrimmage much less a spring one.

Macon County will have a good team but not good enough to beat JB without too much of a problem...

That just means that Union City will be 7-3 at best after the regular season.

I will be glad to remind of that staement when we beat all 3 of those teams and go to the semis. Not saying state yet. Im so glad you like to hate on us. Did we beat your team in the past or something? Yousound .... Idont know... Bitter.

I will be glad to remind of that staement when we beat all 3 of those teams and go to the semis. Not saying state yet. Im so glad you like to hate on us. Did we beat your team in the past or something? Yousound .... Idont know... Bitter.

No I don't know if you've beat us or not. I just remember going all the way to Union City last year to watch yall play your 1st Round play off game because the winner came to play us in Round 2. We were told that Union City was something special cause they were the defending state champs. But instead I ended up going all the way to Union City to see a horrible display of Highschool Football. I just hope yall have improved since the last time I saw you play or you might get beat by more than just those 3 teams.

No I don't know if you've beat us or not. I just remember going all the way to Union City last year to watch yall play your 1st Round play off game because the winner came to play us in Round 2. We were told that Union City was something special cause they were the defending state champs. But instead I ended up going all the way to Union City to see a horrible display of Highschool Football. I just hope yall have improved since the last time I saw you play or you might get beat by more than just those 3 teams.

The Goat sez; BigSwo, it would behoove you to place merit in ^^^AKAGlazed's^^^ assessment of horrible highschool football. Being he's from Perry county he is, by birth right, "The Guru of Horrible Highschool Football."

Edited by mancoverage