Signal Mountain and South Pitt scared

a-town1408

I read an interesting article about how both of these two teams are refusing to play Alcoa. Signal Mountain is jumping up two classifications to avoid playing Alcoa and South Pittsburg is only going to have a nine game regular season because they are turning down there original agreement to play a home and home with Alcoa these next two years. The South Pitt coach said that he didn't want to get his kids beaten up right before the playoffs. The Sig Mnt coach said that instead of moving up to 3a from 2a he wanted to go ahead and move up two classifications because it gave his kids a better shot at winning a state championship. I found it odd that both these coaches would come out in an article and basically admit that they were scared to play a 3a school in Alcoa. If I were a player for either one of these teams and found out that my coach had been saying this stuff in a public article I would be extremely mad. A coach should never show any type of fear to his players even if it is a legitimate fear.

I read an interesting article about how both of these two teams are refusing to play Alcoa. Signal Mountain is jumping up two classifications to avoid playing Alcoa and South Pittsburg is only going to have a nine game regular season because they are turning down there original agreement to play a home and home with Alcoa these next two years. The South Pitt coach said that he didn't want to get his kids beaten up right before the playoffs. The Sig Mnt coach said that instead of moving up to 3a from 2a he wanted to go ahead and move up two classifications because it gave his kids a better shot at winning a state championship. I found it odd that both these coaches would come out in an article and basically admit that they were scared to play a 3a school in Alcoa. If I were a player for either one of these teams and found out that my coach had been saying this stuff in a public article I would be extremely mad. A coach should never show any type of fear to his players even if it is a legitimate fear.

yesterdays news. :popcorneater:

Everyone has already made fun of them, it's time to move on...

mad at who,fartstick???no one on this mountain will doubt the judgement of coach price.we have only played varsity ball for 2 years.so give us a break.....and go scratch,old man!

mad at who,fartstick???no one on this mountain will doubt the judgement of coach price.we have only played varsity ball for 2 years.so give us a break.....and go scratch,old man!

two years is just another excuse...bottom line, SM would not play them...also jumped up a classification to keep from playing them

two years is just another excuse...bottom line, SM would not play them...also jumped up a classification to keep from playing them

deadhorse.gif Wingy, why is you so hard on my Eagles?

You might want to try prostate massage. They taught us in school that it can really help an old geezer relieve the constant pain and swelling. :roflolk:

• Upvote 1

deadhorse.gif Wingy, why is you so hard on my Eagles?

You might want to try prostate massage. They taught us in school that it can really help an old geezer relieve the constant pain and swelling. :roflolk:

:bored:

Still massaging?:roflolk:

i'd like to see alcoa compete with teams WITHOUT their recruits :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

i'd like to see alcoa compete with teams WITHOUT their recruits :thumb:

Ah yes, I remember those days. I was a "recruit" on a state championship team. I use to love driving past William Blount and Maryville high (Junior year) and Heritage (senior year) to go to Alcoa. You should have seen everything I got in exchange for going there. I mean get this...I played special teams and if we got up by 35+....I GOT TO PLAY DEFENSE!!! WOOOOOO....Man, never mind I got a better education then any of the other schools (excluding Maryville) could have given me.