Jarnell Stokes to Oak Hill

yankees8589

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think it will come down to Memphis and Arkansas....just my opinion which means nothing.

I was glad to see Clear go to UT and I think Dooley is going to get the job done and be a fantastic head coach as long as the fan base give him time. Dooley is a strong closer on the recruiting trail and is slowly but surely upgrading the talent to a level where UT should be able to compete for the top spot in the East but I think UT is a minimum one year away and I believe the breakout season will be 2012 for the UT FB team. Fulmer was a good guy but got lazy in the end and the drop off in talent across the board was glaring. Including Kiffins class and Dooley first two, UT has finally started to close the gap with the other SEC powers as far as talent. But, they are still not there but getting there.

I like Martin to but i'm afraid he is set up to fail just to be blunt. Good chance UT is going to get taken behind the woodshed by the NCAA. It's going to be hard for Martin to attract the same type of talent Pearl was bring in for that reason alone. Recruiting has already dropped off considerably because of the NCAAA mess...Martin may get lucky and snag a borderline blue chips prospect but on balance so far the recruiting is not going so well...something more along the lines of what you would see at Auburn under Lebo or Georgia before Fox got there. Martin is in tough spot and until the NCAA finally comes down with something the competition is passing UT by this summer..it's hard to make up ground because Kentucky, Vandy, Florida and Georgia have something to sell that UT doesn't right now and all are recruiting at a high level with Kentucky being the obvious.

UT only hope to keep it's head above water in the short term of the next couple of seasons is for the current players to step it up BIG TIME. They have some really good players but not enough, they will be really thin in numbers for a SEC school. You never know I just think it's going to be a tough job.

The whole UT program is in tatters....what it comes down to is Hamilton, Kiffin and Pearl set the two big revenue sports behind a minimum of two years, at best. Hamilton had no choice but to resign, I think the big money donors knew he had to go to lessen whatever the NCAA decides to do.

Word is some of the shot callers out in East TN want Heath Shuler as the next AD. Shuler has has been mum on the topic. I think it's a real possibility. But, who knows?

By going to oakhill he will learn from one of the best high school coaches of all time in steve smith who has a track record of puting players in not only college but also the nba he also we get more of a chance to show the face up game he has been devloping so looking at the bigger picture this move is a good one