What does Polk County look like this season?

Polk04

Agreed cannot look into this one at all Howard is way way down this year. Polk will get a real look when Loudon goes down to Benton Thursday, always a hard hitting game.

Loudon got it put on them against Jeff. Co. so i don't know if they will give you a true test either. Heard it was something like 7-0 TD's. Also heard Loudon only managed 3 first downs

here we go again, time to listen to all the polk fans talk about how davis boys are going to mercy rule everybody. my issue is what difference does it make going 10-0 or 9-1 reg season then lose first round of play offs? Granted 10-1 looks pretty on paper but doesn't mean much. Ever since davis has been there its 1 or 2 and done when it comes to state. the farthest polk has ever been was '85 when they went to sub-state, I'll be surprised it they make it even that far in the next 5yrs.

polk fans seem to think that polk co is the only hard hitting team in the country, always braggin about huntin' or fishin' or dippin' tobacker :rolleyes:

here we go again, time to listen to all the polk fans talk about how davis boys are going to mercy rule everybody. my issue is what difference does it make going 10-0 or 9-1 reg season then lose first round of play offs? Granted 10-1 looks pretty on paper but doesn't mean much. Ever since davis has been there its 1 or 2 and done when it comes to state. the farthest polk has ever been was '85 when they went to sub-state, I'll be surprised it they make it even that far in the next 5yrs.

polk fans seem to think that polk co is the only hard hitting team in the country, always braggin about huntin' or fishin' or dippin' tobacker :rolleyes:

And goats, don't forget the goats...... :roll: Jackwagon..

They play with a discipline that only a handful in the state can compare to and there is nothing but heart that goes into each and every down. Sure there are lots of what if's but WGAS these kids give it there all and then some every second they're on the field.

And goats, don't forget the goats...... :roll: Jackwagon..

They play with a discipline that only a handful in the state can compare to and there is nothing but heart that goes into each and every down. Sure there are lots of what if's but WGAS these kids give it there all and then some every second they're on the field.

Ya Derrick does an exceptional job with the talent he has had at Polk. By a lot of experts eyes he has overachieved. He has lacked speed his whole tenure. But has beat teams many feel he shouldn have by playing the style of grinding out the clock football and bend but don't break defense. I have no doubt if he had Cleveland or Bradley talent he would have a state title by now. He loves what he does and his family is Polk County Sports and that's why he won't leave for a bigger job..............

You wanna ask a teammate? Ask me. He was a very selfish player. All for himself. If something was going wrong it could never be his fault in his eyes. He was a good football player but very selfish he did not fit into the way Polk County football is played and thats as a team

Or ask me someone who didn't sit beside coach Davis for more then 3 hours a day at school. Hargrove is the BEST defensive player to ever play for Polk County. Anyone who says different is lying. he was about 40 points short of breaking the headhunter record set by Couch and Hargrove didn't have to play every quarter of every game like him. Just because he ain't in the "in" crowd like you, you look down on him. And how is taking game film home and watching it during the week being a selfish player? He fit the system just fine celebrating with team mates on a score or good tackle.

Or ask me someone who didn't sit beside coach Davis for more then 3 hours a day at school. Hargrove is the BEST defensive player to ever play for Polk County. Anyone who says different is lying. he was about 40 points short of breaking the headhunter record set by Couch and Hargrove didn't have to play every quarter of every game like him. Just because he ain't in the "in" crowd like you, you look down on him. And how is taking game film home and watching it during the week being a selfish player? He fit the system just fine celebrating with team mates on a score or good tackle.

Hargrove was very good defensively agreed, but there were a few off field occurrences that should not have happened from what I hear foolish things that had no reason for happening, childish even. Saying Hargrove is better defensively than Couch is a very bold statement, Couch was on his own level defensively. Hargrove could have possibly been the second best defensive player on the team IMO, put Allen at LB and see what happens with him there he was definitely built more like a LB than a safety. Didn't Allen play a little LB his freshman year at the end of the season?

Hargrove was very good defensively agreed, but there were a few off field occurrences that should not have happened from what I hear foolish things that had no reason for happening, childish even. Saying Hargrove is better defensively than Couch is a very bold statement, Couch was on his own level defensively. Hargrove could have possibly been the second best defensive player on the team IMO, put Allen at LB and see what happens with him there he was definitely built more like a LB than a safety. Didn't Allen play a little LB his freshman year at the end of the season?

Yes I know about the off field incidents and agree they shouldn't have happened. I'm not taking anything away from Couch he does hold the record for headhunter and he had to be on his own level because his teams didn't have the level of talent this past years had. Jared did play some outside LB freshman year and could have done very well there. All i'm saying is that people shouldn't be downing his play on the football field saying he was selfish when he wasn't based on what happened after the season was over.

Yes I know about the off field incidents and agree they shouldn't have happened. I'm not taking anything away from Couch he does hold the record for headhunter and he had to be on his own level because his teams didn't have the level of talent this past years had. Jared did play some outside LB freshman year and could have done very well there. All i'm saying is that people shouldn't be downing his play on the football field saying he was selfish when he wasn't based on what happened after the season was over.

I agree. Hargrove was a heck of a football player. A man among boys. Do not know him personally but you can be a part of a football team without sitting around the lockerroom singing campfire songs. The guy suffered a life altering tradegy and still played at a very high level. Ask South Pitt, Bradley or any of the 5AA teams, he was almost unblockable and that does not even account for what he brought to the table at TE. You put Allen and Hargrove on just about any other team in 5AA and that team might win the district. Yeah the Lee kid had some speed but it was Allen that maded the offense go. He was so dangerous and you had to account for him every play. Most teams had to scheme to even attempt to block Hargrove. I know Polk has a great tradition and likes that underdog mentality but geez----Allen and Hargrove are the best the Wildcats have had in several years hands down. The Wildcats will miss both of them this year starting with Bradley County.

I agree. Hargrove was a heck of a football player. A man among boys. Do not know him personally but you can be a part of a football team without sitting around the lockerroom singing campfire songs. The guy suffered a life altering tradegy and still played at a very high level. Ask South Pitt, Bradley or any of the 5AA teams, he was almost unblockable and that does not even account for what he brought to the table at TE. You put Allen and Hargrove on just about any other team in 5AA and that team might win the district. Yeah the Lee kid had some speed but it was Allen that maded the offense go. He was so dangerous and you had to account for him every play. Most teams had to scheme to even attempt to block Hargrove. I know Polk has a great tradition and likes that underdog mentality but geez----Allen and Hargrove are the best the Wildcats have had in several years hands down. The Wildcats will miss both of them this year starting with Bradley County.

My prediction is 8-2 maybe 7-3. For sure loses to Bradley and Signal Mountain. The maybe game is South Pitt. IMO. Does anybody in 5AA have a chance to beat PC?

My prediction is 8-2 maybe 7-3. For sure loses to Bradley and Signal Mountain. The maybe game is South Pitt. IMO. Does anybody in 5AA have a chance to beat PC?

Nobody in the district can play with Polk, it is not going to happen. Polk probably mercy rules everyone in district play.