Region 4-1A top to bottom

croz6110

This region has the top 2 in the 2A playoff class in Trousdale and Friendship.

And it has Gordonsville as a contender in 1A.

TC and FC are definitely the top 2 with everyone else way behind.

1. TC

2. FC

3. Gville

4. Watertown

5. Monterey

6. Clay Co.

7. Jackson Co.

8. RBS

9. Pickett

Thoughts?

This region has the top 2 in the 2A playoff class in Trousdale and Friendship.

And it has Gordonsville as a contender in 1A.

TC and FC are definitely the top 2 with everyone else way behind.

1. TC

2. FC

3. Gville

4. Watertown

5. Monterey

6. Clay Co.

7. Jackson Co.

8. RBS

9. Pickett

Thoughts?

i agree with the top 3 teams. the bottom six should just quit now :roflol:

Why? Because the young men on those bottom 6 teams don't deserve to play high schoool football. Is that what you're getting at Alumnist?

Well in my opinion its pretty pointless to play if you aint gonna win more than 3 or 4 games. which includes all but FCS TC Gville and Watertown, so make it the bottom 5 teams that should just quit now :roflol:

Well in my opinion its pretty pointless to play if you aint gonna win more than 3 or 4 games. which includes all but FCS TC Gville and Watertown, so make it the bottom 5 teams that should just quit now :roflol:

I hate to break it to you but if they drop out then that will just make a new set of losers because their will always be a few teams at 0-10 and 1-9 at the end of the season and several at 4-6 and 5-5. I don't have an issue with them playing every year and trying to get better. I do think it is silly for a 1-9 to 5-5 team to make the playoffs.

well i think its pointless for you to sit on here and trash talk when your team has the record for most consecutive losses ever. :mrgreen:

With your attitude, it's good you're not a coach.

I can assure you Swansons' team has as much heart as any you'll play. They have also had some good

athletes over the years, just not a lot of good coaching or support. That seems to be slowly

changing.

The bottom tier of teams get to play the top tier & gain experience. Some of these actually rise

to the top. A few years ago, Livingston finished the season 5-5, given very little respect, and

went on the win the State.

Enlighten us as to which team you represent, if any.

These young lads have as much right to play sports as anyone else. But, as rlh said, 1-9, 2-8 teams

should not make the playoffs. This should be a reward for excellence, not a flawed system.

Edited by Grunt

I can assure you Swansons' team has as much heart as any you'll play. They have also had some good

athletes over the years, just not a lot of good coaching or support. That seems to be slowly

changing.

The bottom tier of teams get to play the top tier & gain experience. Some of these actually rise

to the top. A few years ago, Livingston finished the season 5-5, given very little respect, and

These young lads have as much right to play sports as anyone else. But, as rlh said, 1-9, 2-8 teams

should not make the playoffs. This should be a reward for excellence, not a flawed system.

i represent the school that has never lost to the RBS football team. that should narrow it down to every school in the state but about 2 or 3 :roflolk: and 5-5 teams should not make the playoffs. that is still a flawed system.

i represent the school that has never lost to the RBS football team. that should narrow it down to every school in the state but about 2 or 3 :roflolk: and 5-5 teams should not make the playoffs. that is still a flawed system.

Then you must represent Gordonsville and Trousdale County from this region because they are the only teams in region 4a that RBS has NEVER beaten, which is not true because I know you represent Friendship Christian. Also if you must know FCS has lost to RBS multiple times before...But this is all before FCS started recruiting their players.

Throughout last decade FCS had 3 5-5 teams to make the playoffs, and they had a lot easier schedule those years when they made the playoffs at 5-5 than LA did the year they won it with a 5-5 record. When you play teams like Monterey, Watertown, Clay County, RBS, etc like FCS did in those 3 years and still only finish 5-5 then no you shouldn't make the playoffs. While that year LA went against Fulton, Austin East, Knox Catholic, etc. Outside the region they played Smith County and Trousdale County so when you play teams like that then yes, 5-5 teams deserve to make the playoffs.

changing.

We have actually had some fine athletes to play football for RBS. We've sent players on to the next level and do well. Through out the 70's and 80's RBS had some pretty decent teams, we just went through this long phase of bad coaching that kept players from wanting to play and took the confidence out of the players that do play. This past decade we so many seasons without winning a game, just came close in 2 or 3 games. However, we get a coach in there now who establishes and organizes things the way they should be and picks up in 2 years 4 wins. That is more games won in 2 years than close games RBS played in those previous years. We're too far gone to ever be able to compete with Gville, FCS, and TC, but there is no reason why RBS couldn't ever get up there with Monterey, Jackson County, Clay County, Watertown, etc who are just average at best football programs.