Signal/Soddy 7on7 Video

foozballman

The Goat sez: You've wasted alot more of your life being a Blowdevil fan! ;)

What a cheap shot at the Blue Devil faithful. Do we (I) bother you that much that you now resort to cutting us on a completely unrelated thread??? I won't waste minutes of my life looking up your old posts to see who you root for, so just come on out and say it loud and clear! One cheap shot deserves another, maybe I'll go to a bowling thread and throw one out. You're probably so foul because the Devils kill your team every year.

P.S. the fight wasn't what it was made out to be. Signal Mountain appears to be making a lot of enemies. They are way more delusional than I am (credit goes to Snoball for pointing out how delusional I am). Can't wait to check out the results they have this fall against 4A teams. Their actions demonstrate an undisciplined attitude that will certainly cost them.

BDP is Cookeville Bound!

Edited by pitchfork1

What a cheap shot at the Blue Devil faithful. Do we (I) bother you that much that you now resort to cutting us on a completely unrelated thread??? I won't waste minutes of my life looking up your old posts to see who you root for, so just come on out and say it loud and clear! One cheap shot deserves another, maybe I'll go to a bowling thread and throw one out. You're probably so foul because the Devils kill your team every year.

P.S. the fight wasn't what it was made out to be. Signal Mountain appears to be making a lot of enemies. They are way more delusional than I am (credit goes to Snoball for pointing out how delusional I am). Can't wait to check out the results they have this fall against 4A teams. Their actions demonstrate an undisciplined attitude that will certainly cost them.

BDP is Cookeville Bound!

thank you and you're welcome. :thumb::roflolk:

Edited by snoball5278

This video is completely UNEDITED for sound or video. And for all the Signal people lets see who can identify the man at the end of the video in the red polo shirt and khaki shorts.

Due the actions of a few....many will be punished. TSSAA will jump in and will change the rules for 7v7 and not adress the real issue..another out of control program

I agree Soddy is out of control.

Due the actions of a few....many will be punished. TSSAA will jump in and will change the rules for 7v7 and not adress the real issue..another out of control program

OH, sO TRUE! Been to at least 6 other 7 on 7 activities this year. Seen some teams that have the same kind of rilvary. Some have had parents and spectators close to the action. The play was spirited and intense but never, not once was there anything approaching this. I think that it is the attitude the coaches take towards the 7 on 7. None of the 7 on 7 that went to focused on keeping score or declaring a winner. Most of the times the whistles were super quick. Why would a coach want to run through the recievers with no pads in an activity that means zero except as practice.

Both coaches and schools should examine why you do passing leagues but I suspect that only slaps on the wrists are going to take place. I agree, you will see some guidance from the TSSAA that will limit the use of 7 on 7.

smeagle1- I have read tons of your posts and you seem a very reasonable person. The comment that Soddy is out of control is disappointing. Incidents with the Signal Mountain football team will continue to tarnish the honor and integrity of a fast rising state football power. It does not have to be that way. There are several powerhouses like Maryville, Alcoa, Smith County, Polk County, CAK or Greenville that win-win-win and have maintained thier honor and integrity. I hope that Signal Mountain can put all this behind them and find the right combination that builds character and wins football games.

"One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it." Rockne

smeagle1- I have read tons of your posts and you seem a very reasonable person. The comment that Soddy is out of control is disappointing. Incidents with the Signal Mountain football team will continue to tarnish the honor and integrity of a fast rising state football power. It does not have to be that way. There are several powerhouses like Maryville, Alcoa, Smith County, Polk County, CAK or Greenville that win-win-win and have maintained thier honor and integrity. I hope that Signal Mountain can put all this behind them and find the right combination that builds character and wins football games.

"One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it." Rockne

Old Warhorse, would you be surprised to know that SM hasn't ever had a player kicked out of a game for fighting? I'm sure that comes as a shock to you and may other readers on here. The bottom line is our team plays with intensity every time they step on the field. Other teams don't seem to like that in scrimmages or these 7 on 7's so this sometimes leads to a scuffle. I will say Bradley Central was just as intense as SM in the 7 on 7 and SM didn't have any issues with them. We also didn't have any problem with South Pitt which is a very physical rivalry. This just seems to always happen with Soddy. I know there were other little scuffles throughout the day at various games. Heck there was even a scuffle between a Cleveland coach and Soddy coach. So to try and make SM look like a program that is in anyway out of control is just wrong. But there sure are a bunch of folks willing to jump on the bandwagon and why is that? I suppose it just plain jealousy. We have an extremely nice new school with a great academic program and very good athletic programs. After all we already have 4 state championship banners hanging and that's more than most other Hamilton County schools have and we have only been open 3 years.

Oh, I really don't think Soddy is out of control either but they in fact have had kids kicked out of games for fighting in the past 3 years. So if someone is going to accuse SM of being out of control they need to at least have the facts and perhaps even look in the mirror.

You know this wouldn't have even been talked about if it weren't for the actions of one parent. I have no idea if this person hit a player or not but if he did it will be properly dealt with.

You can be "intense" without giving cheap shots, hitting late, and mouthing off excessively. Comments in the paper such as "this was just a good scuffle" only encourage it. This wasn't the first scrimmage incident for SM.

As for jealousy, yes there is some resentment SM was allowed to play in a classification lower than their enrollment figure in 2010, aiding in state football and volleyball titles. What causes more resentment is how most of the fans don't even acknowledge how fortunate they were in that aspect. Golf, they still would have been in the smaller class of the A/AA grouping so it would have made no difference. But sports like golf and tennis seem more dependant on out-of-school participation and training anyway, not much to do with the school.

Then you have the drinking incident, yes I agree there was too much publicity on that but there are still questions on when it was known and why any players involved were allowed to play in the state title game the following week. It adds to the "out of control" image being created, and I haven't even started on the transfers-another thing the fans don't acknowledge has been a huge help.

Biased media coverage of the teams, with one writer in particular for the FP being a huge homer, also creates a backlash. That's no fault of SM's programs but adds to the negative.

One final thing, "avoiding Alcoa" and admitting the reason months after a move-up also added fuel the fire.

• Upvote 1