9AA

flip

That is a terrible prediction. How could you put GP above Macon? Macon played GP last night and had their way with them. The only reason Macon didn't beat them worse is their rebounding got bad in the 4th quarter. Look for Macon to run away with the district. State bound this year!

That prediction was made in July before school even started. If I knew then that Goodpasture was going to lose three key players then I wouldn't have had them winning the district. Yeah knowing what I know now, I would say Macon is the favorite, but idk about state bound... considering you have to go through the likes of CPA and East Lit to get to get there.

Edited by soulsurvivor34

That prediction was made in July before school even started. If I knew then that Goodpasture was going to lose three key players then I wouldn't have had them winning the district. Yeah knowing what I know now, I would say Macon is the favorite, but idk about state bound... considering you have to go through the likes of CPA and East Lit to get to get there.

Who has Goodpasture lost? I know the PG who got hurt last year trans. to Whites Creek. Rhoten was hurt earlier, is he still out? Who else did they lose?

Not to say I told you so: but I believe I told yo so! Peach- great shooter? I believe someone said that "defense" is relative. Really? I said it once and I will say it again- you can either guard it or you can't. Perhaps Coach Mason realized that he can't run the same offense against people who guard it. Was the game at GHS? if so, that is why it was sloppy- hard to shoot in that gym for some reason (I think it is the way the gym is set up). All this hype about Peach avg 20 a game is just that- hype! Look, it is real simple: you got to have players. GHS probably has some players but they are young. The most interesting thing so far is the up and down play of White House but if they have grade issues with players that makes sense.

So, great shooters NEVER have off nights? Are you saying they have to be perfect EVERY night? Hmmm...to be so critical, I wonder what YOU'RE background is/was? Defense IS relative. If I play you and I'm able to push, pull and grab and you're not, I'll beat you like a drum...EVERYtime! GARE-ON-TEED, slick! Sycamore...and everybody else I've seen in the history of me watchin' GB...plays WAY more physical. The other team...no matter who it seems to be...ALWAYS sets the tone of the game and if the refs don't do what they're supposed to do, it continues the whole game and is a HUGE advantage to the aggressor. And WHERE you play is just an excuse. GB's gym is the worst I've ever seen, agreed (rumor is Mason's own father designed it, so there you go...), but it's the same at both ends. That's like sayin' the weather bothers some or playing outdoors isn't conducive to some players. That's a b.s. excuse! No matter where they're playing, some players are just weird about the rims, the floor, etc. Look at Vandy's. Now THAT'S a screwed up gym rite ther!, but John Jenkins shoots pretty good in it, don't he? Just like he does in a 'normal' gym (I think I saw him score 48 one night a few years ago at Greenbrier when they hosted the districts)... Maybe that's why the best players usually are born and bread on the playgrounds...or now in the community centers. If Connor was on a good team, he'd average 20+ a game...'cause they'd get him looks and he'd knock 'em down. Which 'young players' on the team are better than Peach?

I've never really liked WH's coach, anyway. He was VERY rude to our crowd one time over there and appears arrogant. If it's true, taking off your jersey at ANY point during the game is inexcusable and would get you kicked off my team. I don't even like it when some pull their jersey out of their shorts after they've fouled out or whatever. It's a sign of disrespect or 'look at me, I'm something' kinda gesture, in my opinion. 'Keep your shorts up and your jersey on and tucked in till we're in the locker room or you don't play for me'...would be my rule. Old school? Nah. Just timeless discipline and respect. Two things that our society has really let slip in the past few decades.

Gotta go. It's lookin' like nobody told Detroit they're supposed to lose to Brees' Saints! :popcorneater:

• Upvote 1

I've never really liked WH's coach, anyway. He was VERY rude to our crowd one time over there and appears arrogant. If it's true, taking off your jersey at ANY point during the game is inexcusable and would get you kicked off my team. I don't even like it when some pull their jersey out of their shorts after they've fouled out or whatever. It's a sign of disrespect or 'look at me, I'm something' kinda gesture, in my opinion. 'Keep your shorts up and your jersey on and tucked in till we're in the locker room or you don't play for me'...would be my rule. Old school? Nah. Just timeless discipline and respect. Two things that our society has really let slip in the past few decades.

There were other things going on on both sides of the jersey issue you mentioned. The issue shouldn't have been handled the way it was by any involved parties, but it needed to be addressed. Sometimes everybody is at fault and they all need to be reminded of their position and the expectations that come with that position.

And as for the coach being rude, although I sometimes wonder about his methods myself, the only time I can even remember him acknowledging fans from either side was when WH still played JV games in the main gym. There was no admission to JV games, but, upon completion of the JV games, all fans were always asked to leave the gym and pay the admission to come back in and watch the varsity teams play. The issue was that several GHS fans wouldn't leave as requested. He asked 2 or 3 times and they still sat, refusing to go pay their admission like everybody else. He had to ask the deputies to get involved. Maybe you're referring to something else?

Edited by BDPHusker

And as for the coach being rude, although I sometimes wonder about his methods myself, the only time I can even remember him acknowledging fans from either side was when WH still played JV games in the main gym. There was no admission to JV games, but, upon completion of the JV games, all fans were always asked to leave the gym and pay the admission to come back in and watch the varsity teams play. The issue was that several GHS fans wouldn't leave as requested. He asked 2 or 3 times and they still sat, refusing to go pay their admission like everybody else. He had to ask the deputies to get involved. Maybe you're referring to something else?

There's not many times that honesty shows on here, but, in this case, you certainly appear to be and I appreciate it. This is EXACTLY what I was referring to and since I also believe in being honest...personally, I happened to be out by the concession stand before he asked people to leave the gym to go pay and saw the ticket takers setting up, so I paid for me and my wife and had my ticket stubs. But, after I came back in the gym he was almost yelling at our side to leave. As much as I appreciate the need for money to run a sports program, what about letting one person per party that was staying for the varsity games go pay? You know, there has to be some trust in these situations and there's probably a better way to get your money (I've never seen this done in our gym...). But, it's certainly NOT the visiting teams' responsibility to figure that out. Leaving the gym wasn't gonna insure honesty, I assure you. As I said, it was his rude and arrogant demeanor at the time. Doesn't make him a jerk for life, but he certainly was that night and a lot of people felt the same way.

That is a terrible prediction. How could you put GP above Macon? Macon played GP last night and had their way with them. The only reason Macon didn't beat them worse is their rebounding got bad in the 4th quarter. Look for Macon to run away with the district. State bound this year!

hahaha, you are very funny. The District will be tight to the end. Don't look for same winner of both reg. season and tournament. As for the "State bound" comment, it seems definetly improbable and most likely impossible for for any of the 9AA schools to advance to the State. It would require an upset of monumental proportions over a team like CPA, East. Lit., or Maplewood. However, I would love to see it happen for the underdog 9AA'ers. We'll check out Macon next week in Lafayette.

So, great shooters NEVER have off nights? Are you saying they have to be perfect EVERY night? Hmmm...to be so critical, I wonder what YOU'RE background is/was? Defense IS relative. If I play you and I'm able to push, pull and grab and you're not, I'll beat you like a drum...EVERYtime! GARE-ON-TEED, slick! Sycamore...and everybody else I've seen in the history of me watchin' GB...plays WAY more physical. The other team...no matter who it seems to be...ALWAYS sets the tone of the game and if the refs don't do what they're supposed to do, it continues the whole game and is a HUGE advantage to the aggressor. And WHERE you play is just an excuse. GB's gym is the worst I've ever seen, agreed (rumor is Mason's own father designed it, so there you go...), but it's the same at both ends. That's like sayin' the weather bothers some or playing outdoors isn't conducive to some players. That's a b.s. excuse! No matter where they're playing, some players are just weird about the rims, the floor, etc. Look at Vandy's. Now THAT'S a screwed up gym rite ther!, but John Jenkins shoots pretty good in it, don't he? Just like he does in a 'normal' gym (I think I saw him score 48 one night a few years ago at Greenbrier when they hosted the districts)... Maybe that's why the best players usually are born and bread on the playgrounds...or now in the community centers. If Connor was on a good team, he'd average 20+ a game...'cause they'd get him looks and he'd knock 'em down. Which 'young players' on the team are better than Peach?

Gotta go. It's lookin' like nobody told Detroit they're supposed to lose to Brees' Saints! :popcorneater:

Great shooters do have off nights but I am sorry to tell you this but: he ain't no great shooter! Look at the level of the competition that he is lighting up- it is not that good. My background knows plenty of basketball and I am still around the game(by the way,you couldn't beat me on your best day no matter how physical you play) . The truth is the truth- defense is what wins those games and "great" players score through that- Jenkins did and he was a great shooter. Sounds to me like GB needs to get more physical than their opponent. The game has evolved just like every other sport out there- over time it changes, if you don't evolve with it than you fall behind. GB needs to man up and be tough is what is sounds like to me. I would take the that as a compliment if someone said my team was physical- great teams are!

I am a firm believer that players play better when they are comfortable and that gym just feels uncomfortable. Since you brought it up many teams don't like the feel of Vandy's gym and they struggle there just because of the location of the bench (those are college athletes). Never said there were young players better than Peach just that if they have some good ones- they are probably young.

Great shooters do have off nights but I am sorry to tell you this but: he ain't no great shooter! Look at the level of the competition that he is lighting up- it is not that good. My background knows plenty of basketball and I am still around the game(by the way,you couldn't beat me on your best day no matter how physical you play) . The truth is the truth- defense is what wins those games and "great" players score through that- Jenkins did and he was a great shooter. Sounds to me like GB needs to get more physical than their opponent. The game has evolved just like every other sport out there- over time it changes, if you don't evolve with it than you fall behind. GB needs to man up and be tough is what is sounds like to me. I would take the that as a compliment if someone said my team was physical- great teams are!

I am a firm believer that players play better when they are comfortable and that gym just feels uncomfortable. Since you brought it up many teams don't like the feel of Vandy's gym and they struggle there just because of the location of the bench (those are college athletes). Never said there were young players better than Peach just that if they have some good ones- they are probably young.

Played Macon tonight.67 TO 34 Macon.GB has NO scorers,against decent competition.