Who is better: Dobyns-Bennett or Greeneville ?

crawdad

Does Maryville 6A and Alcoa 3A really matter? Ask Maryville if it matters the last few years. Every game matters. Each game will take two teams that caliber and make them even more fierce competitors. I believe it matters and the better the competition the better prepared teams will be when the W's count.

Maryville and Alcoa actually PLAY each other in a regular season game and are cross county rivals...DB and Greeneville, not so much. There is nothing to back up anybody's claim to superiority last year except a scrimmage and a state title.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville and Alcoa actually PLAY each other in a regular season game and are cross county rivals...DB and Greeneville, not so much. There is nothing to back up anybody's claim to superiority last year except a scrimmage and a state title.

I realize that Barb. I was just trying to point out that both are good programs in this area and can bring the big game experience up in one another that will help later down the road. Maryville or Alcoa may lose to each other, but generally that game is greater than the rest of their respective schedules. They feed off each other, but it doesn't cost either in their division. It only serves to better both. I think the two teams practicing/scrimmaging/playing any competition would only help. Does that make more sense or do I still sound stupid? It's ok I know.

Edited by RebelConvert

I realize that Barb. I was just trying to point out that both are good programs in this area and can bring the big game experience up in one another that will help later down the road. Maryville or Alcoa may lose to each other, but generally that game is greater than the rest of their respective schedules. They feed off each other, but it doesn't cost either in their division. It only serves to better both. I think the two teams practicing/scrimmaging/playing any competition would only help. Does that make more sense or do I still sound stupid? It's ok I know.

If this were the "whose better Maryville or Alcoa?" thread it would make perfect sense. The fact is Greeneville and DB will scrimmage each other in August and morons will continue this debate based on their perceived outcome of that scrimmage. Comparing the great rivalry between Maryville and Alcoa to a pi$$ing match between Greeneville and DB fans is...well...stupid.

If this were the "whose better Maryville or Alcoa?" thread it would make perfect sense. The fact is Greeneville and DB will scrimmage each other in August and morons will continue this debate based on their perceived outcome of that scrimmage. Comparing the great rivalry between Maryville and Alcoa to a pi$$ing match between Greeneville and DB fans is...well...stupid.

Finally confirmation. Thanks Barb the wife will appreciate the sentiment. Guess I did give Greeneville and DB a little to much credit. My bad. Stupid is as Stupid does. I will reserve all thinking in such matters. It hurts my head anyway. I'm a Blue Devil from Unicoi. Guess I've been holding my breath to long. :wacko: Thanks for the fun. Congrats on State Barb.

I am not here to play around. I state the facts. Fact, Greeneville has only beaten DB ONCE since 1969. Most years DB has won by over 2 TD's. In 2010 DB and Greeneville scrimmaged. DB, won. DB is also known to play non starters and execute plays not normally used during a game situation while playing in a scrimmage still fcame out on top versus Greeneville. The only game Greeneville ever won was at Greeneville during 2002 and to this day the game remains in dispute with several calls that could go either way. The most famous was the ankle twist executed against the DB running back, which resulted in a Devils advantage for twisting a DB runner's ankle as he retaliated. Again, 1 victory since 1969, including a scrimmage from 2010 the Devils seem to forget, and a crap call in 2002 is the only claim to fame.

I am not here to play around. I state the facts. Fact, Greeneville has only beaten DB ONCE since 1969. Most years DB has won by over 2 TD's. In 2010 DB and Greeneville scrimmaged. DB, won. DB is also known to play non starters and execute plays not normally used during a game situation while playing in a scrimmage still fcame out on top versus Greeneville. The only game Greeneville ever won was at Greeneville during 2002 and to this day the game remains in dispute with several calls that could go either way. The most famous was the ankle twist executed against the DB running back, which resulted in a Devils advantage for twisting a DB runner's ankle as he retaliated. Again, 1 victory since 1969, including a scrimmage from 2010 the Devils seem to forget, and a crap call in 2002 is the only claim to fame.

Ok dbFAN91 this is why I posted what I did on page 6. You ask an inane question and you get inane responses like this. The astute minds on coachT deserve better.

A good Bearden team who sent there best player to play for the Vols. A GREAT player!!!!!!!!!!!! And, Aug. 9th? I can't wait. Just hope your man enough to a tell the truth after we get finished whoopin that Cousin dating, tobacco spitting butt of yours. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeneville is gonna kill DB in there scrimmage Tuesday. PERIOD

I don’t understand the point of this post. I don’t think anyone is disputing whether DB is better than Greeneville historically. The discussion is about right now (last year and this year). Using last year’s scrimmage as an example is a joke. First of all, it’s a scrimmage and the score is the last thing on anyone’s mind. Do you really think Greeneville was trying their hardest to win, while DB was just using it as practice? Secondly, Greeneville was a completely different team during the season. GHS had 3 starters out of that scrimmage to get healthy for the regular season, plus Carmichael wasn’t even the full time QB at that point. That scrimmage proves nothing, just like this year’s scrimmage will prove nothing regardless of who “winsâ€. It will just be a game to make both teams better. I guarantee that both teams walk away with respect for each other, whether the fans do or not.

I dont understand this whole thread. We have a great win-loss record against Greeneville,and we dont play each other in regular season, but we scrimmage Tuesday..which means nothing. Its like saying, which team is better, one of us 2, or Myrtle Beach Seahawks...who cares if we're not gonna play. This type thread is usually started by someone who doesnt like either team, and who's team cant compete with either one. Id like to see this one die, but oh no, whoever shows a little more of whats to come (Tues) will start it all over, and the loser on Tue. will just say''its just a scrimmage''. Whoop de do Im much more concerened with everyone getting healthy, and the Knox Farragut game.