Maryville - Greenville Scrimmage

YANKERX

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m just glad Greeneville gets the opportunity to test themselves in the preseason against the best program in the state. I won’t get the opportunity to attend this scrimmage, but I hope you guys can give me some reports on how the Devils look this year. It is always good to hear from someone not associated with your team.

Did anyone get to watch the 7 on 7 between Maryville and Greeneville? If so, how did it go?

Best of luck to Maryville this year, and I will be pulling for you to win 6A again.

I’m just glad Greeneville gets the opportunity to test themselves in the preseason against the best program in the state. I won’t get the opportunity to attend this scrimmage, but I hope you guys can give me some reports on how the Devils look this year. It is always good to hear from someone not associated with your team.

Did anyone get to watch the 7 on 7 between Maryville and Greeneville? If so, how did it go?

Best of luck to Maryville this year, and I will be pulling for you to win 6A again.

Maryville's first team offense was pretty dominate at the 7on7. Greeneville's offense looked good also. However, the truth is that you can't tell much with 7on7s. Pads and full contact will tell the true story. I believe this scrimmage is good for both schools.

In the 7 on 7 Greeneville held there on against a great QB in Robinet. But I think that marryville came away with I think two more TDs then the devils. The scrimmage against these to should be a very good game and showing one thing that couldnt be shown in passing league is a great pass rush from the devils and the devils bread and butter Totin the rock!! LETS GO DEVILSSSSSSS :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

In the 7 on 7 Greeneville held there on against a great QB in Robinet. But I think that marryville came away with I think two more TDs then the devils. The scrimmage against these to should be a very good game and showing one thing that couldnt be shown in passing league is a great pass rush from the devils and the devils bread and butter Totin the rock!! LETS GO DEVILSSSSSSS :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

That is a good point. If Greeneville's passing game is decent, then that bodes well for their offense as a whole since they are a run dominant team. As you mentioned, the pass rush and run defense is the real strength of this team. I like what I hear, thanks for the updates.

BEST PROGRAM IN THE STATE? Did Alcoa drop their football program or something? I'm confused.......................

BEST PROGRAM IN THE STATE? Did Alcoa drop their football program or something? I'm confused.......................

I think it's a fair statement to say Maryville has the best program in the state.Alcoa has done a great job and won the last two head to head games as well as 7 straight titles in their class but I'd still give the edge to Maryville and here is why.Both have 7 titles in the last ten years.Maryville has 13 total to Alcoa's 12.Maryville has won 8 out of the last 10 head to head games by a total score of 330-184 and thats including the last two games.Maryville is second only to DB in most wins with 686 since 1926 and Alcoa has 603 since 1924.Alcoa has 4 undefeated seasons since 1963.Maryville has 5 undefeated seasons since 2002.

I think it's a fair statement to say Maryville has the best program in the state.Alcoa has done a great job and won the last two head to head games as well as 7 straight titles in their class but I'd still give the edge to Maryville and here is why.Both have 7 titles in the last ten years.Maryville has 13 total to Alcoa's 12.Maryville has won 8 out of the last 10 head to head games by a total score of 330-184 and thats including the last two games.Maryville is second only to DB in most wins with 686 since 1926 and Alcoa has 603 since 1924.Alcoa has 4 undefeated seasons since 1963.Maryville has 5 undefeated seasons since 2002.

The Rebs are definitely the better program overall. Historically they have DOMINATED Alcoa.