Maryville - Greenville Scrimmage

YANKERX

24-7 Mairvul when 'st eye left....17-7 furst teems....moore latur.... :thumb:

Thanks for the score update. That’s not exactly what I wanted to hear, but Maryville has a great team so it will just help Greeneville in the long run. Did Greeneville's first team look competitive against Maryville, or did Maryville look dominant? I wasn't expecting Greeneville to beat Maryville, but I hope they looked capable of at least competing at that level. Of course, you can't look at a scrimmage for too much information about how the teams will actually play in the season, but any details would be appreciated.

I would also like to hear from the Greeneville fans to know if the injury rumors from the other thread were true. Did Perkins and Malone play? Those injuries would really hurt Greeneville if they can’t play for any length of time.

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.....Greeevul moved the ball pretty well in spurts the furst 10 plays.....and maybe mooved for 40 yards....Mairvul broke off a long run.....and scorred on tha 6th orr 7th play....Mairvul gaiv up a long TD pass on tha next series....Then Mairvul seemed two adjust on D and shut down tha Devils purty good from there on.....scorring anothur FG and TD when both teems used tha chains....Mairvul subs then scorred on Greenevul subs befour eye left....

Scrimmige observations....

Greenevuls strengths...run defense for tha most part, even tho Mairvul mooved it bettur later wif tha mid line opshun....#72, #32, and #5 looked good for Greenevul...

Weaknesses......pass defense.....

Mairvul strengths...1st teem cornurs (reserve beet for TD)....DE's played well, Spivey, Watson, Kromhout, Jenkins....LB's looked good....Patton wuz pretty sharp (grait pass to Neithamer ovur tha middle)....and depth....

Weaknesses.....Need two be moore consistent running the ball (West played no offense)......

Looks like both teems will haiv purty good seesuns.... :thumb:

Greeneville has some things to fix. But these two teams were fairly even most of the Scrimmage. Ballard was givin our back up qb a lot of reps even in with all the starters and that rly hurt them. I believe if these two teams played an actual game it wld be very close.

I said the very same thing a couple of years ago after DB scrimmaged Maryville.Anyone can be beat,but the odds of beating Maryville without playing near perfect are slim for most teams in Tennessee.Webb and Alcoa might have what it takes,but I'm not betting against the Rebs just yet this year.

Before it is all said and done this MARYVILLE team should probably go down as one of the top teams ever to come out of the Blackhole. They are scary deep and a great % of those 100+ 10,11&12 graders can all play and would start most anywhere else. These kids have a mean streak in them and will knock your *^&% in the dirt.

What I saw tonight was several offensive lines , 3-4 linebacker corps and a stable of backs that when gelled will give everyone fits. I thought Greeneville looked good and had some solid players and I look for them to repeat as 4A champs. I think they need to work on their conditioning and depth or a repeat could be thwarted. Good luck to you guys up there in NE TN. GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!

(That would be a discussion to) How so? How many wins to they have in a row ? And how many of those include state title winners and runner ups during the stretch? Until they go down they are currently the best in state........ PERIOD

OK , OK ... get your feelings off your shoulders. No one is saying that Alcoa are not State Champs and have not won any games. It was just a reference to make a point and show some respect.

Well, considering they were playing a powerhouse Maryville team and were missing a couple key players, it sounds like Greeneville isn’t too far off from being where they want to be. I know our coaching staff will make the necessary adjustments and get these guys playing well by the season opener.

Was Shuffler used as the RB? Based on some previous discussions, did they use Hall any running the ball?

I was impressed with both teams and coaching staffs. Guys did their jobs and that was it, no extra curricular stuff. Good bunch of young men on both sides. Maryville looked like a well oiled machine, and their qb, is the real deal. Good luck this year!

My sentiments exactly! A very enjoyable evening of football- good discipline and good attitudes by players, coaches and fans! They both showed why they are Champions.

Will give my analysis of both teams after I've had a little rest. All I'll say is, Alcoa ought to scare both these coaching staffs!