District 14-A

UCTdoes

I think you might be placing to much stock in T.T. and Simone being able to guard Fair and Hudson. I agree Fair bringing the ball up the floor will wear her down but the same goes for T.T. and Simone having to guard those big girls all night long. Looking for a great couple of games between these two teams. I am pulling for UC to become the new force in District 14 A.

I think Union City will be better overall,still not sure if they have any shooters.Is the white girl back.She had a pretty good shot from outside.Humboldt had a team about like this Union City team a couple years ago.Very good rebounders but had Hubbard.Not sure Union City does. Union City wants to use the big girl to bring the ball down the court and she does pretty good for her size.Sreakyshooter.Not really a good shooter but sometimes will have her nights.I like the other girl down low.Seems like her name is Jackie.If her parents really wanted to load up,looks like Central would have been better with all the girls they have returning and the big girl down low.As for Lake Co being mostly under classmen,still have 3 veterans in Carnation Hart and T.T. Flowers and Simone Pearson.I look for Tiana Gray to be better this coming year in shooting the ball.Brooke Horton and Shasta Bolden can also shoot the ball.Lake Co needs a big girl or 1 more player that is a little quicker ..They do have the Yancy girl who is going to be a clone of T.T.Maybe she will be able to help on defense.May even be times when she brings the ball down the court or Lake Co plays Carnation on the Reedy girl and have Simone and T.T. guard the other two big girls.May have T.T. guarding the big girl and pressure her on bringing the ball and really make her work on bringing the ball down the court.That will take a lot out of her.We'll see.Still think Lake Co will win by about 8 to 10 points most nights.

I think you might be placing to much stock in T.T. and Simone being able to guard Fair and Hudson. I agree Fair bringing the ball up the floor will wear her down but the same goes for T.T. and Simone having to guard those big girls all night long. Looking for a great couple of games between these two teams. I am pulling for UC to become the new force in District 14 A.

T.T can run all night long.I saw the big girl,Fair with her hands on her hips when the teams played.Carnation Hart can handle any girl Union City has.Same for Simone,who has the body to man up. and T.T..will use her speed with Fairl bringing the ball up the court because she's not going to be down low.Like I said,the Yancy girl has started at the middle school the past 3 years so I look for her to spell T.T. this year some.I actually like the Hudson girl more than anyone on the Union City team.?I remember the coach and radio guys talking about before the game that Union City had a very good chance to win and after the game,the radio guy said.."There's really nothing I can say folks.Score was 64-33.Then in the rematch they said the same thing with Union City being at home.Score was 70-37.Then in the championship Lake Co won 53-34..I don't think Reedy is worth 30 points."Plus Union City lost Huff who had a pretty good game the last game the teams played.She's gone.Lake Co has everone back plus 2 very good players from the middle school for depth.

Edited by mrbigster

Union city has nothing to prove just a game to play. Good luck to both teams.

T.T can run all night long.I saw the big girl,Fair with her hands on her hips when the teams played.Carnation Hart can handle any girl Union City has.Same for Simone,who has the body to man up. and T.T..will use her speed with Fairl bringing the ball up the court because she's not going to be down low.Like I said,the Yancy girl has started at the middle school the past 3 years so I look for her to spell T.T. this year some.I actually like the Hudson girl more than anyone on the Union City team.?I remember the coach and radio guys talking about before the game that Union City had a very good chance to win and after the game,the radio guy said.."There's really nothing I can say folks.Score was 64-33.Then in the rematch they said the same thing with Union City being at home.Score was 70-37.Then in the championship Lake Co won 53-34..I don't think Reedy is worth 30 points."Plus Union City lost Huff who had a pretty good game the last game the teams played.She's gone.Lake Co has everone back plus 2 very good players from the middle school for depth.

Edited by UCTdoes

Lake County is hands down the best team in the region again this year, so far they have not achieved their goals statewide. Lake County is again the best team in the state on paper but they have not proved it on the court. To compare Union City to Lake County is crazy, even with the addition of Reedy its not close. If Lake County plays ball then noone beats them in the district this year. Union City may be better but dont count Greenfield or Bradford out. Street may be the best player in the district this year. TT was better as a freshman than she was last year, I really dont know what has happened to her. I hear that she turned down Coach McMillan on a scholarship to UTMartin. I dont understand that.

• Upvote 1

Lake County is hands down the best team in the region again this year, so far they have not achieved their goals statewide. Lake County is again the best team in the state on paper but they have not proved it on the court. To compare Union City to Lake County is crazy, even with the addition of Reedy its not close. If Lake County plays ball then noone beats them in the district this year. Union City may be better but dont count Greenfield or Bradford out. Street may be the best player in the district this year. TT was better as a freshman than she was last year, I really dont know what has happened to her. I hear that she turned down Coach McMillan on a scholarship to UTMartin. I dont understand that.

Probably because she'll be playing as a sub for you know who. I'm not trying to start a big debate about who is better than who either by saying that. No offense, but TT is not going to get a bigger scholarship offer than UTM. If she does, congratulations to her! If she goes to UTM or anywhere bigger, she won't be in the starting 5 as a Freshman. If she goes to one of the NAIA's around here, she could very well be a starter as a Freshman.

Greenfield, I wasn't really trying to compare Lake Co. and Union City. I just think that if anyone has a chance to beat them in the district, it'll be Union City. What does Greenfield have returning this year? I know they lost Galey and Randolph from last year, but I can't remember what underclassmen they had.

Edited by GCPioneer

Greenfield is pretty talented and really deep this year, we have ten girls who can play. I think we may be a couple years away from being really good. Shamilla McMullen is back and has had the potential to be a dominating player if she can stay on the court without getting in foul trouble. Shamilla showed signs of being a great player the last two years and always goes all out and noone on the court will work harder than her. Shamilla can score whenever she makes her mind up to score. Haley Rawls is back and healthy this year, she has had good summer camps. We have a freshman that is going to be really good in Brittany Peoples, she should start and by the end of the season she should be a force. Our freshman class will push the older girls for playing time this year.

Overall I feel like Greenfield, Bradford, Union City and some others could beat each other on a given night but unless Lake County has a bad night I dont think anybody will touch Lake County. I think Reedy makes UC the favorite for the #2 spot.

[quote name='GCPioneer' timestamp='1312768065' post='2653104']

Probably because she'll be playing as a sub for you know who. I'm not trying to start a big debate about who is better than who either by saying that. No offense, but TT is not going to get a bigger scholarship offer than UTM. If she does, congratulations to her! If she goes to UTM or anywhere bigger, she won't be in the starting 5 as a Freshman. If she goes to one of the NAIA's around here, she could very well be a starter as a Freshman.

Greenfield, I wasn't really trying to compare Lake Co. and Union City. I just think that if anyone has a chance to beat them in the district, it'll be Union City. What does Greenfield have returning this year? I know they lost Galey and Randolph from last year, but I can't remember what underclassmen they had.

Edited by UCTdoes

It would be unfair to try to compare Union City and Lake.Co. These two teams will be dynamically different. One team with size and oneteam with quickness. The only thing that brings up any questions about Lake Co.inherent dominance is the fact the Mr. Bigster brought up the comparison ofUnion City to the Humboldt team of a few years ago. If my memory is correctthat Humboldt team beat Lake Co. in the District Championship. Union City will have their shot at Lake Co. a few times this year hopefully the stars will lineup for us.

Bradford and Greenfield lost alot to graduation while Union City lost Huff who only contributed about 5 pts. a game. If Union City is the fav for the #2 spot then is the #3 spot wide open or will bradford be tops for that spot?

Greenfield is pretty talented and really deep this year, we have ten girls who can play. I think we may be a couple years away from being really good. Shamilla McMullen is back and has had the potential to be a dominating player if she can stay on the court without getting in foul trouble. Shamilla showed signs of being a great player the last two years and always goes all out and noone on the court will work harder than her. Shamilla can score whenever she makes her mind up to score. Haley Rawls is back and healthy this year, she has had good summer camps. We have a freshman that is going to be really good in Brittany Peoples, she should start and by the end of the season she should be a force. Our freshman class will push the older girls for playing time this year.

Overall I feel like Greenfield, Bradford, Union City and some others could beat each other on a given night but unless Lake County has a bad night I dont think anybody will touch Lake County. I think Reedy makes UC the favorite for the #2 spot.

Usually if you have that talented of a team and are unable to win on the big stage then that is on the coach

Usually if you have that talented of a team and are unable to win on the big stage then that is on the coach

I tend to agree.Several games last year were lost to coaching,not the talent.Just my opinion.Some will disagree.Played Obion Central in a camp and had them by close to 20 points in a half last year.Then played them about 2 weeks or so later in a tournament.Had them the whole game by double digits.Had probably a 10 point lead with less than 2 or 3 minutes remaining.Had the same player come down and make 3 three points in a row and we took a couple shots we shouldn't have taken.Then had a 3 point lead with about 6 seconds left.Their big center had the ball close to the top of the circle.Why not foul the big girl.Even if she makes the free throws,still have a 1 point lead.Plus she has to make them.Maybe she misses both.But let her pass the ball outside to the same player that hit the other 3 and they tied the game at the buzzer and LC loses in overtime.Same thing in the Stste.Had a 5 point lead in overtime but Tiana Gray missed a good shot that looked like it was going in at the end of regulation but more than anything,we never ran.Looked like and played slow ball.Then bebind at the end,thought T.T. would drive and either make a layup or get fouled.Throws the ball to a girl outside for what would have been a terrible shot. Deserved to have gotten beat.I know people are also going to say another coach in the Stands.That's fine.Lake Co should have a couple State championships in girls basketball at this moment.I actually thought the team from a couple years ago with Tarrida Abbott,Mariah Matthews,Yasheka Phelps,T.T. Flowers,Carnation Hart and the rest of the others players were the best team.Thought they were better than last years team.Were beating teams by close to 40 points and subbing.Beat a very good Dyersburg team by over 30 points.Beat Humboldt twice by close to 20 points both games ,only to lose in a close game and get knocked out in the tournament.

Edited by mrbigster