IMAC Predictions

patpride1

Unfortunately I had internet connection problems last week (#@$% ATT), so I could not post my picks. I went 4-0 :thumb: I promise! West really thumped the Patriots and looked impressive in doing it. My boys in Dumplin Valley may not win again this year because East and SD are rolling. Sevier is dominant and will not be beat in the conference. Cocke Co. really has disappointed since beating Jeff and must beat either West or Cherokee to get in the playoffs. How good does it look that the IMAC has only 1 team (Seymour) below .500 for the year. Good year of football in the IMAC. Let's look to week 9 (wow time flies);

South-Doyle vs Sevier Co. - SD is having a good year and are probably going to make the playoffs, but they will not win this one. Sevier Co. wins by whatever they want to!!

Cherokee vs Seymour - Cherokee blows out the Eagles and solidifies their playoff spot. Seymour starts looking to next year.

Morristown West vs Cocke Co. - West really looked good last week at Jeff. They better pack their A game again because Cocke Co is fighting for their playoff lives. West wins in a close tough game.

Jefferson Co. vs Morristown East - Jeff. Co. must win this game if they are to make the playoffs IMO. Leaving it to week 10 is not a good plan. East is rolling and Ricker is a beast. Jeff. Co. circles the wagons and gets it done.

Let's hear it. Again you can disagree and be wrong :roflol:

SD@SC-Sevier County is the only team that can prevent Sevier County from going undefeated in the IMAC.

SC 45 SD 17

CHS@Seymour-Cherokee is on the verge of hosting a 1st round game. They won't blow it here

CHS 42 SHS 14

Mo West@Cocke Co.- Cocke Co. has a lot to be proud of this year but they just don't have the athletes to keep up with the Trojans

MW 42 CC 14

Jeff Co.@ Mo East- The tale of 2 halves of the season for both teams. Jeff came out strong but has dropped 3 in a row while East has been playing excellent football as of late. Jeff Co. still has talent and has it in the cards to put together a good game on offense and pull out the win.

JC 24 ME 21

Edited by motownanddown

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I had internet connection problems last week (#@$% ATT), so I could not post my picks. I went 4-0 :thumb: I promise! West really thumped the Patriots and looked impressive in doing it. My boys in Dumplin Valley may not win again this year because East and SD are rolling. Sevier is dominant and will not be beat in the conference. Cocke Co. really has disappointed since beating Jeff and must beat either West or Cherokee to get in the playoffs. How good does it look that the IMAC has only 1 team (Seymour) below .500 for the year. Good year of football in the IMAC. Let's look to week 9 (wow time flies);

South-Doyle vs Sevier Co. - SD is having a good year and are probably going to make the playoffs, but they will not win this one. Sevier Co. wins by whatever they want to!!

Cherokee vs Seymour - Cherokee blows out the Eagles and solidifies their playoff spot. Seymour starts looking to next year.

Morristown West vs Cocke Co. - West really looked good last week at Jeff. They better pack their A game again because Cocke Co is fighting for their playoff lives. West wins in a close tough game.

Jefferson Co. vs Morristown East - Jeff. Co. must win this game if they are to make the playoffs IMO. Leaving it to week 10 is not a good plan. East is rolling and Ricker is a beast. Jeff. Co. circles the wagons and gets it done.

Let's hear it. Again you can disagree and be wrong :roflol:

South Doyle@Sevier Co.-Sevier County is the only team that can prevent Sevier County from going undefeated in IMAC play

SC 45 SD 17

Cherokee@Seymour-Cherokee is on the verge of hosting a 1st round game. They won't blow it here

CHS 42 SHS 14

Mo West@Cocke Co.- Cocke Co. has a lot to be proud of this year but they just don't have the athletes to keep up with the Trojans

MW 42 CC 14

Jeff Co.@ Mo East- The tale of 2 halves of the season for both teams. Jeff came out strong but has dropped 3 in a row while East has been playing excellent football as of late. The Pats still have a lot of talent and have it in the cards to put together a good game on offense and pull out the win.

JC 24 ME 21

Edited by motownanddown

Jeff Co.@ Mo East- The tale of 2 halves of the season for both teams. Jeff came out strong but has dropped 3 in a row while East has been playing excellent football as of late. The Pats still have a lot of talent and have it in the cards to put together a good game on offense and pull out the win.

JC 24 ME 21

Sadly JeffCo was dealing with an emotional wave from the deaths of Jean-Luke Lane and Joshua Allen Bullington tonight. Close and "a game" at 20-7 early in the 1st Q, but ending at 61-24 is a bit much to take for any fan. Not sure why ME put #15 and the 1st string O back in with a 30 point cushion and 10min left to play in the 4th Q. Just dumb coaching or rubbing Jeff's noise in it (IMHO).

Classless????? or making a statement?????

My hat is off to the ME announcer paying tribute to those 2 fine young men.

Maybe Jeff can salvage the season, go 5-5 and squeak into the playoffs and draw DB for that crappy road trip.

God Bless the families of JLL and JAB. Go Patriots!!!

Cowbell, More Cowbell!!!!!

Peace

Edited by OHSgrad88

Sadly JeffCo was dealing with an emotional wave from the deaths of Jean-Luke Lane and Joshua Allen Bullington tonight. Close and "a game" at 20-7 early in the 1st Q, but ending at 61-24 is a bit much to take for any fan. Not sure why ME put #15 and the 1st string O back in with a 30 point cushion and 10min left to play in the 4th Q. Just dumb coaching or rubbing Jeff's noise in it (IMHO).

Classless????? or making a statement?????

My hat is off to the ME announcer paying tribute to those 2 fine young men.

Maybe Jeff can salvage the season, go 5-5 and squeak into the playoffs and draw DB for that crappy road trip.

God Bless the families of JLL and JAB. Go Patriots!!!

Cowbell, More Cowbell!!!!!

Peace

I met Josh on a few occasions he seemed like a great kid, my prayers go out to his family and the family of Jean-Luke. I don't understand why Hatcher would leave his first team offense in with a 54-24 lead, although I'm sure the 30 point margin of victory that West had over Jeff was in his mind and maybe he wanted to 1 up West on the the scoreboard. Seems like classic Hatcher to me.

On a separate note, what happened to Cherokee? Were there injuries or did Seymour just show up to play and Cherokee didn't?

Edited by motownanddown

I have been a Patriot all my life and will be a Patriot forever. I have seen us win the State title, lose 2 other championship games, and be about as bad a football team that can play. I have never seen a bunch of kids have to fight so many emotions to play as I did last night. That being said, I really felt like our kids checked out last night after the kickoff return. In life, you have to keep fighting no matter the situation. I hope to never see this kind of effort again by a JC team.

As for East, you are a classless bunch and will never be anything more than runners up in your own city.

I met Josh on a few occasions he seemed like a great kid, my prayers go out to his family and the family of Jean-Luke. I don't understand why Hatcher would leave his first team offense in with a 54-24 lead, although I'm sure the 30 point margin of victory that West had over Jeff was in his mind and maybe he wanted to 1 up West on the the scoreboard. Seems like classic Hatcher to me.

On a separate note, what happened to Cherokee? Were there injuries or did Seymour just show up to play and Cherokee didn't?

Cherokee made far too many mistakes. We had 4 turnovers. Only punted once. Moved the ball all over the field but just couldn't score because of the turnovers. We had 2 drops by a player that is normally very sure handed and one would have been a touchdown the other probably would have. He also made a great diving catch on a 50 yd pass with 1 min to go at the 2 yard line but was called for offensive pass interference. I wasn't as close as the referee but I did not see anything. Reguardless of that we played hard but shot ourselves in the foot. We could have hosted a first round game if we won out but now I guess we could be anywhere. My optimism hopes that this will wake us up and makes us "bring it" every Friday.

I have been a Patriot all my life and will be a Patriot forever. I have seen us win the State title, lose 2 other championship games, and be about as bad a football team that can play. I have never seen a bunch of kids have to fight so many emotions to play as I did last night. That being said, I really felt like our kids checked out last night after the kickoff return. In life, you have to keep fighting no matter the situation. I hope to never see this kind of effort again by a JC team.

As for East, you are a classless bunch and will never be anything more than runners up in your own city.

I fell for the whole Jeff County team for having to play a game after such a lost of 2 fine youngmen.

As far as Morristown East being classless, I have to disagree. Morristown East started putting in 2nd

string defensive players in the 2QTY. Jeff Co went right down the field & score. He put Ricker back in

after the 2nd string QB fumble the snap & Jeff went on to score making it 41-24 with over 8-min to go

in the 3rd QTY. It's easy to question when you do not know what's going on. We had Cherokee 48-28 with

only 11 min togo and had to hang on for dear life. I think Jeff ketped fighting all night long, you take

away some of your special team turnovers and this game is alot closer. I hope the patriot can regroup

& get in the playoff.

I wouldn't call all of East classless they have some great young men on their squad. I would say that about Hatcher though. He came into the East job in 06 alot like Rex Ryan came into the Jets job. He came in with guarantees of dominance over West, Jeff, and the entire conference. To put that into perspective he's 1-6 against West and 2-4 against Jeff. Yet, every chance he gets he lets the world know East is the team to beat in the IMAC. It's one thing to have confidence in your team, it's a completely different thing to give your rivals extra bulletin board material for a game they already had circled on their calender. If he put as much work into making his team good, as he did telling everyone how good they are, East would be a Top 10 team.

Red81KP

Did you have any problem when Kisabeth put up 50 and 57 against weak East teams in back-to-back years. Probably not, it's just when the shoe is on the other foot that it bothers you. As for Friday, he had the subs out there but your coach left his first teamers in when he didn't have a prayer of coming back. I don't blame the coach at all for putting Ricker back in when the ball was on his own five with nine minutes left. And if they are as classless as you think they would have scored that last touchdown to break their school record for points instead of taking a knee three or four times at the end. Regardless of what you believe, I truly hope the Patriots can get it back together next week against South-Doyle and hopefully get in the playoffs. But a trip to Maryville in the first round wouldn't be much of a reward for getting in would it?

Actually, I did not like Kisabeth running up scores in the 80s, but most of the time the backups scored some of the points. MOST OF THE TIME I stress. I put most of the blame on us as I said in the post. I felt like our team checked out early. I have moved on though. My picks went 2-2 last week, congrats to the Seymour Eagles on their upset over Cherokee. Says a lot about the coaches and players for Seymour that they did not just mail it in for the rest of the season. Time for week 10 picks (is it really over?).

Mo. East vs Sevier Co. - What looked to be a forgone conclusion now has conference title implications. SC wins the IMAC with a win. An East win coupled with a West loss would give East the title (ironically East could do West a huge favor with a win). I think SC will score enough to win but East is really rolling on the ground.

Seymour vs Mo. West - West will lock up a one or two seed in the playoffs with a win. Seymour showed some fight last week, but the Trojans ain't Mobuck. Trojans win comfortably.

Cherokee vs Cocke Co. - Both of these teams are coming of losses, and both beat JC by 1 point. CC needs the win to get in the playoffs, Cherokee can possibly host a game with a win. A close game, but I think CC finds a way at home.

South Doyle vs Jeff. Co. - A possible trip to the playoffs and Senior Night for JC. Momentum and possibly hosting a playoff game for SD. A lot is on the line in Dumplin Valley. Surely JC will not lose to SD. Come on Patriots, get it done. JC in a close battle!!

There are my final regular season picks. Let's hope for a 4-0 week. Momma needs shoes!!

Red81, I will agree with you on the SC v East game and the MW v Seymour game. However, I think that Cherokee will come out firing this week and I am not sure CC has a answer. SC apparently threw the ball all over CC and Cherokee is much the same as SC. Cherokee wins I also think the posters in the JC lockerrooms have already been changed to 2012. I hated to hear that they played very flat in wake of thier former teammate passing but I think they have called off the dogs and pissed on the fire. Playoffs or no playoffs, I think the JC squad has just faced too much adversity this season and they are ready to move on.