Farragut @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?!

• Oak Ridge
    • Farragut

Everybody can't just schedule who they want every year. Dang, your dumber than i thought. And why would i want to schedule them when i know if were going to try and make a run at a title were going to have to play them anyway. Word to the wise(or dumb in your case) don't shoot yourself in the foot to try and prove something to someone else. If i have to play Maryville every year, they are going to know what our team does and how to stop us in the playoffs when it counts. Understand.

Good way to avoid the case at hand. EVERYBODY knows and has known for years that DB has and always will play a cupcake schedule. Their is no argument here. End of story. Good excuse as why not to play Maryville BTW Of course you wouldnt wanna play them in case you play them again in the playoffs, cause you guys want the easy way out. Just proved your point, so in actuality YOU my friend are the not so bright one here.

Good way to avoid the case at hand. EVERYBODY knows and has known for years that DB has and always will play a cupcake schedule. Their is no argument here. End of story. Good excuse as why not to play Maryville BTW Of course you wouldnt wanna play them in case you play them again in the playoffs, cause you guys want the easy way out. Just proved your point, so in actuality YOU my friend are the not so bright one here.

Easy? Whoever said football was easy. Maybe we can put you guys back in the schedule an strenthen our cupcake schedule. Anyway, have fun with your losses this year. Maybe next year.

Easy? Whoever said football was easy. Maybe we can put you guys back in the schedule an strenthen our cupcake schedule. Anyway, have fun with your losses this year. Maybe next year.

When you guys used to play us in the regular season didnt you also used to play us in the playoffs in the same year? DUHHHHHHHH....Go on with your silly self.

When you guys used to play us in the regular season didnt you also used to play us in the playoffs in the same year? DUHHHHHHHH....Go on with your silly self.

Children, since sweet science has annointed me police of the message board let me say stop the bickering, save it for the playoffs and turn your attention to an Alcoa/Maryville thread and see how two class programs handle gold ball winning football.

SScience, you and 3wiggly are so hung up on this strength of schedule thing....that is a great argument for a college team that is once red about rankings. Rankings don't matter in high school. In one reply you are on 91 bout winning a title in the playoff era, next tread you are bragging bout a regular season.....nobody cares bout your regular season, trust me, DB knows bout that! There IS a playoff in high school......your strength of schedule impresses nobody. You either make the playoffs and make your run in the tournament or you don't. I'll be there the end of October...........hope you and your schedule are!

Let's get back on topic...to me , Oak Ridge looked POORLY COACHED Friday night. Farragut was by far the better team , and they certainly executed the 4 or 5 same plays over and over again. On defense , Oak Ridge had absolutely zero adjustments and no answers. Farragut had almost 500 yards of total offense , most of that coming on runs straight up the gut. It reminded me of the UT-Florida game several years ago when Florida's DE Alex Brown kept rushing off the edge and sacking Peyton Manning...UT never changed a thing during the game. Our offense was so vanilla- we looked like we were playing not to lose. Here are some FACTS concerning the Wildcats performances during the "legendary" Scott Blade era... Oak Ridge has played 21 regular season games under Coach Blade , and our record is 13-8. Of those 13 wins , only 2 were against teams that went on to finish the season with a winning record ( both against Anderson County ). That means 11 of those wins came against losing teams! Also during the course of these 21 regular season games , Oak Ridge is a woeful 5-6 at home. I don't believe Coach Scott Blade is all he's built up to be...

Sorry blade, now I understand. You mean plum69 sees Farragut- DB in one semi, Henry County- anybody in the other semi. It's the fantasy bowl matchup that occurs every year. You are the clever one.

Please don't take that the wrong way plum69.. I call you Plum

because I think that you are "plum' full of it if you are ordering State title rings for this Farragut team.. The state title goes through Maryville (this year for sure) so like us, you will have to just gaze at all of the other State title (football) rings that you have.

Edited by bladerunner

Let's get back on topic...to me , Oak Ridge looked POORLY COACHED Friday night. Farragut was by far the better team , and they certainly executed the 4 or 5 same plays over and over again. On defense , Oak Ridge had absolutely zero adjustments and no answers. Farragut had almost 500 yards of total offense , most of that coming on runs straight up the gut. It reminded me of the UT-Florida game several years ago when Florida's DE Alex Brown kept rushing off the edge and sacking Peyton Manning...UT never changed a thing during the game. Our offense was so vanilla- we looked like we were playing not to lose. Here are some FACTS concerning the Wildcats performances during the "legendary" Scott Blade era... Oak Ridge has played 21 regular season games under Coach Blade , and our record is 13-8. Of those 13 wins , only 2 were against teams that went on to finish the season with a winning record ( both against Anderson County ). That means 11 of those wins came against losing teams! Also during the course of these 21 regular season games , Oak Ridge is a woeful 5-6 at home. I don't believe Coach Scott Blade is all he's built up to be...

I agree with this. We got flat outcoached in that game, and that was the last thing i thought would ever happen in that game. I kept telling my dad are we gonna have adjust? It was sickening. He said...maybe theyre just that much better then us and stronger? Coulda been the case. I wanna know where all this strength everybody was talking about in the offseason was? We looked WEAK out there. IDK how much longer Blade is gonna be around if he keeps losing to a rival like Farragut. OR fans wont put up with that too much longer. That is 0-3 now. Better turn that around and do it quick or bye bye

I agree with this. We got flat outcoached in that game, and that was the last thing i thought would ever happen in that game. I kept telling my dad are we gonna have adjust? It was sickening. He said...maybe theyre just that much better then us and stronger? Coulda been the case. I wanna know where all this strength everybody was talking about in the offseason was? We looked WEAK out there. IDK how much longer Blade is gonna be around if he keeps losing to a rival like Farragut. OR fans wont put up with that too much longer. That is 0-3 now. Better turn that around and do it quick or bye bye

I'm on the same page with you , SweetScience...it may be time for Two Men and a Truck...remember this name-Mark Pemberton.

Sweetness,

We norm agree but I would not say that we were out coached. We have a tough-fast QB But I would have thought that he would have taken advantage of a passing league last summer.. Really.. We looked really bad in tackling as well.. Farragut was running through Swiss cheese type of holes in our D. If

you will remember we looked bad early last year.. But I am not ready to sell my season tickets just yet.

Has anyone heard from Plum69? Is he on the phone with Balfour the ring company? Do they take calls on Sundays?