CAK vs AC

Vols78

Game Outcome  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win???

I got a chance to see "the greatest show on turf" Friday night. While its hard to evaluate AC when they are going against Wartburg I did come away impressed with the team, less impressed with the annoying distressed cow moo over the loud speakers, ha. :D Loved the fireworks though. Disappointed they didn't light up the red eyes of the bull and blow smoke out his nose, but I'll come back another day for that.

The AC offense looked in sync. Had heard the QB didn't throw the ball very well, but from what I saw, he throws a very nice ball. AC has some speedy playmakers. The big back only played one series at MIKE, no offensive snaps. I didn't see any real weakness, but again, hard to evaluate against an overmatched opponent. Defensively, the 3-5 looks like a nice scheme to contain the pass heavy attack that CAK will employee. So my final impression is that AC will have a very good team, they will bring a very large crowd, and it will be a very big challenge for CAK to win this game. Of course I think we've got a chance, but I think the odds are stacked against the Warriors at this point.

For those coming to the game from AC: CAK is a nice campus, but a small one. Parking will be extremely limited compared to what you are accustom to at AC, your band will probably fill up the small visitors bleachers so be prepared to stand around the track or bring a chair, we have a nice concessions, nice field, and nice bathrooms, but we don't have the Pyro Show connection so we will have to let the game on the field be the fireworks show.

Hope everyone has a safe trip :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very good assessment FBDAD. I agree. You cannot tell much in a quarter scrimmages with a team that is not on the same level however if AC had not dominated then the picture would have been clear. I really do not think AC is willing to let much out as far as what game plan they will execute until Thursday night but I do know CAK should never be taken for granted. This is going to be one great game of the year. If AC fans show up then my guess is the AC men on the field will bring the fireworks and be able go home with a win. These are two clean football teams that will be putting a hurting on some teams this year. For CAK it will be Alcoa and for AC it will be Powell and Oak Ridge. Good Luck this year to CAK and FBDAD!

That is a very good assessment FBDAD. I agree. You cannot tell much in a quarter scrimmages with a team that is not on the same level however if AC had not dominated then the picture would have been clear. I really do not think AC is willing to let much out as far as what game plan they will execute until Thursday night but I do know CAK should never be taken for granted. This is going to be one great game of the year. If AC fans show up then my guess is the AC men on the field will bring the fireworks and be able go home with a win. These are two clean football teams that will be putting a hurting on some teams this year. For CAK it will be Alcoa and for AC it will be Powell and Oak Ridge. Good Luck this year to CAK and FBDAD!

AC is gonna put a hurting on OR and Powell? Interesting

This is a tough first game for a very young CAK team. I will say that I think CAK has their hands full with trying to stop AC's offense. I will also go out on a limb and say that AC will have their hands full trying to stop CAK IF CAK doesn't stop itself.

Hurting or not. Let put it this way AC has been rebuilding for a couple years and they still have given Oak Ridge 6A all they could handle just to slightly fall short so I consider that an accomplishment in itself. Oak Ridge has always been a good team and the same will be this year. But let’s say it this way AC is not going to lie down and die and they will never give up. You can call that hurting or not. As far as Powell concerned AC was not even suppose to have been in that final game but yet they were and they won. I do not think I would ever feel cocky enough to count AC out regardless of who they play. I am just saying.

Well said. AC however are still very young too so I think Davey is expecting them to grow up in this non-district game and get ready for the big season ahead. Win or lose either team both will learn from their mistakes and this will be something they can build on going forward so it should be a fun game for both sides. Anyway it goes i am wishing CAK best.

Soooo are you calling your mom hot?

I didn't say anything about that concerning my mother. I was simply telling APB to watch what he said about the moms that attend our games. My mother is a happily married woman, and you wouldn't want father coming after you if he heard you talking about his wife like that.

I didn't say anything about that concerning my mother. I was simply telling APB to watch what he said about the moms that attend our games. My mother is a happily married woman, and you wouldn't want father coming after you if he heard you talking about his wife like that.

APB is harmless unless your Mom can tag a bridge!..........then :wub:

Go Warriors. "olewarrior", I'll tell you how it goes via text Thursday. Go Warriors. This'll be a great game. CAK's defense looked pretty fast and tackeled well at the jamboree but they looked like they could use some work. Offense is gonna be NASTY if they can live up to their potential. any injuries coming into this one for either team we should be aware of? :popcorneater:

Go Warriors. "olewarrior", I'll tell you how it goes via text Thursday. Go Warriors. This'll be a great game. CAK's defense looked pretty fast and tackeled well at the jamboree but they looked like they could use some work. Offense is gonna be NASTY if they can live up to their potential. any injuries coming into this one for either team we should be aware of? :popcorneater:

I don't know of any injuries going into this game, but some AC DB's may have some broken ankles after Howell, Smith, and Murchison get a hold of 'em.