Webb - Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Vols12345678 wuz hopin' ewe'd fergit abowt hit pep..... :rolleyes:

Ya , I think you're right .... he just tried to quietly make it vanish ... lol .

The funniest part of the night Starz was when RebelRon and I were watching our fellers go back in the locker room after warmups and Coach Quarles walked over to RebelRon and says " Hey RebelRon I didn't think you were allowed out to the games anymore !! " I'm still laughing about that one ..... :roflol::thumb: .... as in under the thumb !

mofo you are exactly right. maybe i'm waaaaaay off on the score i'm just going on what I know of this team. 1. MHS put up 31 on Alcoa last year in a loss and #4 is so much better now than he was then it is immeasurable. 2. The O line is the best we've had since 98. 3. Prevo is a year older and upstaged Young(a D1 signee) twice as a frosh. 4. Rebel Ron the 2 that I heard that defected were nephews of an lb that wore #52 and is a year or two younger than you.

I watched the first half of the Maryville-Webb game. The O-line is extremely good but calling them the best line since 98 might be pushing it. It didnt have the "star" power the '98 line did but Ill still put the '03 line as one of the best Ive ever seen on any football team. Watching that line and how they worked as a unit is when I started calling the Rebels a "well oiled machine".

Maryville just controlled the line of scrimmage...Webb couldnt stop maryville. Webb could move the ball but they shot themeselves in the foot with penalties which stalled drives. Webb had to get a few more of thoes fumbles to give themeselves a shot. Maryville maybe had 4 or 5 fumbles and webb got 1 of them. Was very impressed with Todd kelly. Prevo is a great back too. The blance brothers are very quick and caleb is a tough one but they need a line. Good luck to maryville the rest of the way....if you will even need it!

Great game tonight, REBS run deep and it is hard to keep up with them. Webb has a good team and should end up pretty well the rest of the season good luck with Ensworth next week. What was displayed tonight at the BLACKHOLE was probably about 1% of the offensive capabilities of this MARYVILLE team. Doesn't that make you shiver.

Great evening of fooball! Webb has a very good football team. They execute the wing T as well as I have ever seen in high school. 5 and 20 are excellent backs and Kelly was everywhere on defense.

Lot's of things for Rebel fans to be excited about...

Offensive line was dominant.

Robinette looked very good passing and running.

Johns and Curtis are beasts at the corners.

Prevo...are you kidding me? He was worth the $10 admission.

How about the kicking??? Looks like most drives for our opponents will start at the 20.

Future looks very bright too... Dylan Shinski(freshman)touchdown; Cody Carroll(sophmore)touchdown; Nick Myers looked good at qb, Drew Curtis (soph?)looked good at linebacker, Oh yeah, some sophmore named Prevo may develop into a pretty good player. :thumb:

I'm sure Coach Quarles will find plenty to work but I think the Rebels looked pretty good against a tough opponent.

I watched the first half of the Maryville-Webb game. The O-line is extremely good but calling them the best line since 98 might be pushing it. It didnt have the "star" power the '98 line did but Ill still put the '03 line as one of the best Ive ever seen on any football team. Watching that line and how they worked as a unit is when I started calling the Rebels a "well oiled machine".

Okay point taken it might be a stretch but then again I might be right, I guess its all just an opinion anyway

I agree, they are very good but they were the 2nd and 3rd best running backs on the field last night. I don't think that will be the case in too many other games this year for them.

Hard to say which ones are better in my opinium...all of them are great...Give the blance brothers to maryville and prevo to webb and not much changes imo. Prevo had muuuuch bigger holes to run thrugh. Why does prevo line up in the backfield with his feet so close together...looked kind funny to me.

Prevo 20 carries 153 yards. Blance brothers combined 22 carries 123 yards. Nuff said !

I think Prevo might have had just a little more around him than the Blance brothers. All 3 are great but stats don't tell the whole story. Last year's Webb team vs. last year's Maryville team would have been a better match up. Or Webb / Alcoa this year would have been interesting...