Goodpasture vs. CPA

DANR

I can't believe there is no talk about this week zero matchup. This is always a great rivalry, where is everybody?

Goodpasture returns their all-state QB, along with most of their backfield and WRs. The question mark for the cougars is up front, especially on O. For this reason I think we will see GP put the ball in the air more than ususual.

CPA folks: How is the team responding to a new coach? How has the team looked in scrimages? What can we expect to see from the lions. I know you have a DI type WR, name escapes me, can you get him the ball? Also heard you guys are bigger upfront than in recent years.

I think we can expect another tight one. Who ever can limit the big play will pull it out. My pick:

GP 35 CPA 21

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to know what CPA brings this year, and even when GP was ranked much higher, CPA always makes a game of it. i do believe CPA will be better this year than last 2-3 years. Will that translate to wins remains to be seen due to the strength of schedule and avoiding key injuries. Here's what I know about CPA:

POSITIVES:

- Renewed excitement with new (very good credentials)staff

- Very good receivers, led by Sam Cranford, a DI prospect

- Some very athletic, big linemen for the first time in years.

- Addition of a couple of new players, including Wharton - a playmaker.

NEGATIVES:

- Unproven new QB

- Unproven running backs.

- Depth (always an issue at CPA)

- Kicking game (great kicker last year graduated, and CPA plays a lot of close games where FG's matter).

I see a close game if CPA can minimize GP's big plays. Win or lose, bith teams should have a good year.

Just from what little I see or hear, the CPA defense is probably stronger than the offense at this point in the season. Should be a great game and a good test for both teams. CPA just dedicated its new high school building and is expecting over 700 for the pre-game dinner. Better get there early.