Wayne County at Union City

wildcatpride70

Some of you posters on here are still having a tough time from 2009. Sorry but the Gold ball looks nice in our trophy case.

WC fans dont have a problem with it, we know we lost to a good UC team, I dont know why PC has a problem with it but you can bet that you will be hearing plenty from them this week, they like to stir the pot.

It will be interesting to see what Union City does this week. They were able to move the ball in the 3rd quater before the starters of Obion was removed. Understand this folks...just one week ago, Union city lost their starting Q B...one that was making a difference and had the Purple and Gold in a direction they have not been in many time before...throwing the football. He broke his finger and was not healing correct so another surgery took place last week. He is done for the year. Now, also understand the U C squad had NO ROOM to loose anyone. They are still in the searching mode looking for a signal caller. Union City will have to fix things in a hurry or going to be a long season. I hate this for the kid...Rutlan, he broke his arm in the final game last year. Union City has talent in some areas. It is just a matter of getting the right folks into the right places soon or it will be to late. I do not think Wayn Co will be any better than Obion...matter of fact...not near as good. This will be the test for the Tornadoes. Win or stay close and a "W" no matter how you look at it. A blowout could spell trouble and a very long season. For you Wayne Co fans...leave your remarks in your county...don't bring them here to cause trouble. Security will be in place. You will be in our town...our place and the best football field you will ever get to play on. It won't be a cow pasture...that's for sure. Enjoy and have a safe trip to and from.

It will be interesting to see what Union City does this week. They were able to move the ball in the 3rd quater before the starters of Obion was removed. Understand this folks...just one week ago, Union city lost their starting Q B...one that was making a difference and had the Purple and Gold in a direction they have not been in many time before...throwing the football. He broke his finger and was not healing correct so another surgery took place last week. He is done for the year. Now, also understand the U C squad had NO ROOM to loose anyone. They are still in the searching mode looking for a signal caller. Union City will have to fix things in a hurry or going to be a long season. I hate this for the kid...Rutlan, he broke his arm in the final game last year. Union City has talent in some areas. It is just a matter of getting the right folks into the right places soon or it will be to late. I do not think Wayn Co will be any better than Obion...matter of fact...not near as good. This will be the test for the Tornadoes. Win or stay close and a "W" no matter how you look at it. A blowout could spell trouble and a very long season. For you Wayne Co fans...leave your remarks in your county...don't bring them here to cause trouble. Security will be in place. You will be in our town...our place and the best football field you will ever get to play on. It won't be a cow pasture...that's for sure. Enjoy and have a safe trip to and from.

As long as you and yours are courteous, you should expect nothing but the same in return.

WC fans dont have a problem with it, we know we lost to a good UC team, I dont know why PC has a problem with it but you can bet that you will be hearing plenty from them this week, they like to stir the pot.

Who's stirring the pot? You're the one who was on the PC vs Forrest thread saying you were pulling for Forrest, you're the one on the PC vs LC thread putting down PC posters. All I have seen anyone from PC say on here is that WC will beat UC. That is a compliment to WC, in case you didn't know. :blink:

Edited by viking_fan

I am sorry your QB is injured. Don't like to see any kid get hurt. Is he a senior?

And UC does have very nice facilities. Hope you have an injury-free game on both sides, but I do think WC will win this one.

Really classy comment. Bashing WC's football field brings real quality to the conversation. WC may have a "cow pasture" as you call it, but we're pretty darn proud of it. In case you didn't look around on the way in, Waynesboro has roughly 1/4 the population of UC, and it sits squarely in the center of the most economically depressed region of the state. So congratulations to UC for having ample resources to present us "the best football field (we) will ever get to play on". I guess the next thing you'll bash us on is the old yellow school buses we'll travel in. No, we don't have our own private black and gold buses to take our athletes (and band) to away games. I mean, shucks, I guess we're just lucky to make it on your schedule. Well, I should clarify. I meant to say "regular season" schedule, because we both know only one of us will be there in November;)

• Upvote 1

Of course we're not going to be as good as Obion County. What are they? 4A? We're a 1A high school, and the talent level is different in many ways. I'll be making the trip from Martin up to Union City, and I only go when I know we're going to win. :thumb:

You say that and than bash our field....haha... You know, you better have tight security cause you wouldn't want any of those WC boys to get you before you could run off the field like last time. :oops:

Seriously though, this is gonna be a good game and I look forward to it. I don't believe we'll blow them out (until I see it happen). A. Rice looked good at QB last week and Butler did exactly what we expect out of him this year. The WR area looks good to, I honestly don't think we've missed a beat from last year...just no room for injuries!!!! Our D is our strong point so UC needs to have a good Offense.