Elizabethton (1-0) @ Science Hill (0-1)

EHSTrack06

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes it?

• Elizabethton
    • Science Hill

IMO here's the crucial matchup for the game:

If EHS' front 7 can contain 33 and 45 (pretty sure those are the RB's) in the run game and keep them from bouncing the ball outside and keep 1 from running free down the field then I think they win. Ok, that's technically two matchups, but oh well. I think EHS will be able to move the ball and score on Science Hill. If Science Hill can trade punches with them I think it favors the Hill. If the Betsy front 7 performs then it favors them. All that being said:

EHS 24

S.H. 14

Edited by Sportsnut84

If the defensive coordinator makes adjustments and personnel changes as needed, like he should have done against Greeneville, SH wins. If no changes it may be a long night. Always great emotion at this game and brings out the best in both towns about what Friday night should be. SH needs to have its best receivers on the field (great hands, not hype) that can get it done. It has to have middle linebackers that can step up and fill. The guy they brought in at half, big guy - Anthony Head, where in the world was he in the first half while Greeneville ran up the middle at will. You would think that after a team runs the same 3 plays for 3 td's you would get the boys together on the sidelines and try to figure out what the @$%& is going on. Oh yea, probably could't find the room with 20+ extra coaches / entourage in the way - and... why take all the extra players to an away game anyway? Anyone really think many soph. and freshmen getting on the field? Against Greeneville? Anyway, just needed to vent a little.

Science Hill by 14

If the defensive coordinator makes adjustments and personnel changes as needed, like he should have done against Greeneville, SH wins. If no changes it may be a long night. Always great emotion at this game and brings out the best in both towns about what Friday night should be. SH needs to have its best receivers on the field (great hands, not hype) that can get it done. It has to have middle linebackers that can step up and fill. The guy they brought in at half, big guy - Anthony Head, where in the world was he in the first half while Greeneville ran up the middle at will. You would think that after a team runs the same 3 plays for 3 td's you would get the boys together on the sidelines and try to figure out what the @$%& is going on. Oh yea, probably could't find the room with 20+ extra coaches / entourage in the way - and... why take all the extra players to an away game anyway? Anyone really think many soph. and freshmen getting on the field? Against Greeneville? Anyway, just needed to vent a little.

Science Hill by 14

This is a good place to vent a little and i agree this should be a good game with a lot of emotion on both teams.The cyclones will be ready and us fans have been ready since monday.GO CYCLONES

Science Hill by 14

Always good to vent some. Head was playing in the first half, at nose guard. While a solid run stopper at times, he's 260+ pounds which means to be effective he needs rest, but when rested he was a beast. Space on the sideline at Greeneville is always at a premium when you go as a 6A school, they just don't have enough there. As for adjustments and personnel changes, I noticed plenty. Lots of different players going in and out, as well as several shifts to a 4 man instead of a 3 man front. Problem is when you have a team like the Devils, you can do all you want, they'll still pound you. Its just what great offenses do. That team despite losing Spradlin and Carmichael, still is. Besides, the biggest problem was tackling. Which no matter who you have coaching, can't be fixed on game day. I'm sure they've spent the week working on it, so chin up, this will be a great team.

Well its almost gameday and I for one am hoping that Science Hill players are stuck on wooda, shoulda, coulda, over the Greeneville game like their fans are, that they forget they are playing Elizabethton this week. I think in the back of their minds they have been told how great they are this year that the pressure will be on them. Elizabethton has a very good team and they will show it Friday night. Greeneville is not what they were last year and nether is Elizabethton. Most of their starters were sophomores and junors last year and it was just a 7-14 game. Those kids are bigger and faster and will knock your heads off. Just ask Boone.

EHS 31

S.H. 14

The girl kicks a 40 yarder for the Co-Ed football team.

Edited by CyclonePrider
  • Upvote 1

Coaching wins this one, Elizabethton knows what it has and know how to use them. They have depth at most positions. Big athletic linemen, fast hard running fullbacks, 6 good receivers, a much better QB and 2 play making running backs and a smart D. Elizabethton takes this one.

Elizabethton 42

Science Hill 7

Woe - You keep tooting your horn music man. 42-7 ain't gonna happen!

Well its almost gameday and I for one am hoping that Science Hill players are stuck on wooda, shoulda, coulda, over the Greeneville game like their fans are, that they forget they are playing Elizabethton this week. I think in the back of their minds they have been told how great they are this year that the pressure will be on them. Elizabethton has a very good team and they will show it Friday night. Greeneville is not what they were last year and nether is Elizabethton. Most of their starters were sophomores and junors last year and it was just a 7-14 game. Those kids are bigger and faster and will knock your heads off. Just ask Boone.

EHS 31

S.H. 14

The girl kicks a 40 yarder for the Co-Ed football team.

Guys & gals - Your dreamin -_-

Guys & gals - Your dreamin -_-

I agree. They have it in their heads that Greeneville isn’t any good this year, so by default Science Hill isn’t any good in their minds since Greeneville beat them. I think we both know the truth, and I think SH shows them tomorrow night. SH is better than people are giving them credit for.