Tyner @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

Well...Signal got the ugly win against East Hamilton. Good to have the first game out of the way. Hats off to East Hamilton, who are much improved and should do well in their district this year.:thumb:

So...how are the Rams gonna do against the Eagles? I saw Coach Turner on the Mountain last night. Guess he wuz scouting Mac's defense, since everbody knows what's coming from Price's offense. Can Signal stop the speedy Rams? How will Tyner's defense hold up against the Signal onslaught?

Edited by MountainTroll

Very interesting match up. Tyner has the size and speed to slow down the eagles. I am going to take Tyner in a very close game. Dont think Signal has seen the athletes that Tyner will have.

Tyner 28

Signal 27

Tyner has the speed to potentially put some points on the board, but I think we can bottle them up. Don't think they have the size to slow us down. Signal by 3 TD's, but will be close in the first half. A blowout is possible, however, depending on which Tyner team shows up. And remember, this will be the first game of their season.

Tyner has the speed to potentially put some points on the board, but I think we can bottle them up. Don't think they have the size to slow us down. Signal by 3 TD's, but will be close in the first half. A blowout is possible, however, depending on which Tyner team shows up. And remember, this will be the first game of their season.

Since this is Tyner's first game Troll, why do you say "depending on which Tyner team shows up"?

It could have been better if the yellow team would have stayed off the field a little more. Both teams had great plays throughout the game. I think EH will be a hard team to handle once they get a few games under their belt. The youth hurt them in spots, but they should learn from that. Good luck Canes.

Go Eagles!!!!!!!

True, and I got all the respect in the world for Coach Turner. But...they ain't real consistent.

Troll averaging about 8 wins a year and almost annually going to the quarterfinals or father is something every program would love to accomplish. I no they havent won a title but there has been a fairly decent team up in the Knoxville area who has been quite dominate over the last decade. I believe this new playoff system has hurt Tyner the most of any team, that SE quadrant will always be stacked.

Troll averaging about 8 wins a year and almost annually going to the quarterfinals or father is something every program would love to accomplish. I no they havent won a title but there has been a fairly decent team up in the Knoxville area who has been quite dominate over the last decade. I believe this new playoff system has hurt Tyner the most of any team, that SE quadrant will always be stacked.

RIGHT ON COMMENT ABOUT THE TYNER RAMS. I would say over the last 20 years as consistent program in SE Tennessee as anyone. Oh....and Tyner did not move up to 4A either. Coach Turner is a great football coach and is not afraid to play anybody.

RIGHT ON COMMENT ABOUT THE TYNER RAMS. I would say over the last 20 years as consistent program in SE Tennessee as anyone. Oh....and Tyner did not move up to 4A either. Coach Turner is a great football coach and is not afraid to play anybody.

I'm refering to week to week consistency. Through their history, there are games they should have won and just didn't show up to play. Games they should have lost, but played flawlessly and won.

With the target Signal has on our back, I suspect they will be fired-up to knock off my Eagles; and this should be a very exciting game. I still believe Signal will prevail, but things could get interesting.