Gordonsville @ Friendship

croz6110

Ok, here's what happened the way I see it.

FC's #2 (freshman) ran the opening kickoff back. ( he'll be good)

Gville then scored on a busted coverage to Escobedo( who played the game of his life).

Then, FC scored on a Halfback Pass where Patterson #5 made a heck of a grab. FC missed the extra point.

Then Gville scored as Cason ran about a 15 yard td run. EP was good.

Gville was up 14-13 at half and Gville's defense had smothered FC up to that point.

Gville took advantage of some opportunities in the passing game in the 2nd half as Watson hooked up with Escobedo numerous times, once for a touchdown. Then Watson scored on a 2 yard keeper to make the score 26-13. The last two EP's for Gville were blocked by Patterson.

FC scored on a 4th and 8 with 1:55 remaining on a well designed and executed play.

Then, the ensuing onside kick was confusing, I don't know what happened. It was on FC's sideline, so maybe they can elaborate.

FC got possession and made it down to the 31 before a false start and a bad snap hurt them. Then, Swindoll threw an interception with 22 seconds remaining. Gville took a knee.

Gville's passing game was on target tonight as Escobedo had a heck of a game receiving and Watson had a great game passing.

Defensively, Gville looked great in the 1st half, but in the 2nd, Swindoll got chunks of yardage.

Reeves was shutdown as he was always trying to run wide and Gville contained him.

I don't understand why they didn't line Reeves up behing Wood and at least try to pound it.

Gville is a 2 point conversion away from being 2-0, and about 2 months ago, I wouldn't have given us a chance to win even one of our first 3. I'm glad they've proved me wrong. :thumb:

Also, prayers go out to Patrick Lancaster, who got hurt on the onside kick.

From what I was told, it was a bad stinger, but they took him to the hospital for precautionary reasons.

the onside kick was confusing to all but i was down near the fence so ill try to tell you what i saw.

once the ball was kicked it went about 5 yards and then i slowly rolled the next 5 with about 3 players from FC hovering around it (Lo, Lester, and 1 other i believe) as soon as the ball touched that 10yd mark, all the players jumped for it. the ref right on top of it called it gordonsvile ball and went to reach for his flag (he must have thought the ball didnt go 10 yrds) but the head ref quickly came in and overruled before the flag was even thrown and called it FC ball.

prayers out to Patrick Lancaster though. Maybe its just a stinger and he can be back in the line up soon.

• Upvote 1

the onside kick was confusing to all but i was down near the fence so ill try to tell you what i saw.

once the ball was kicked it went about 5 yards and then i slowly rolled the next 5 with about 3 players from FC hovering around it (Lo, Lester, and 1 other i believe) as soon as the ball touched that 10yd mark, all the players jumped for it. the ref right on top of it called it gordonsvile ball and went to reach for his flag (he must have thought the ball didnt go 10 yrds) but the head ref quickly came in and overruled before the flag was even thrown and called it FC ball.

prayers out to Patrick Lancaster though. Maybe its just a stinger and he can be back in the line up soon.

Yeah, where I was at, I couldn't hardly see.

I was told Lancaster would be alright, the Dr. on the field seemed to think so.

[quote name='snoball5278' timestamp='1315060127' post='2670992']
not neil's best in my opinion, they should have played something a little more [url="http://youtu.be/fOk9V0Rwlj0"]hardcore.[/url] [img]http://cdn.coacht.com/boards/public/style_emoticons/default/roflolk.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I LOLZ:roflolk:

I must say I am suprised about this one. Not dissin' the Tigers, just thought FC was going to be a lot better this year.