Whitwell (1-1) vs. Marion (0-2)

powerp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's the talent level. They just aren't motivated to play. May e some changes need to take place not so much in the head coach but in who actually runs the offense. Who is the offensive coordinator? Does he have all control of his offense or is his play calling being changed by the head coach?

I wish some of their fans would get back on these post so we could ask questions like that or should I say some that make sense. Vofan101 sure doesn't make sense and even he has been scarce since Friday. Wonder why???

IMO Marion has a good coaching staff that has been around the game a lot of time. It's just hard to win games when everyone on the team just wants to fuss and argue. You can't win when you have players jealous of the other ones for scoring (linemen included) no one wants to step up and be a leader. As far as the team that played alcoa I was on that team and wore number 45! We actually played as a team and wanted to win no matter what it took. This years team has no heart and honestly the more I watch them the more I think they don't want to win. They have the talent to win ball games. So imo its not the coaches its something inside the players is the reason we aren't winning and its called (heart, motivation, leadership, and want to win no matter the cost). Just my opinion hopes this helps clear something's up!

Marion County-Jasper need more players like #45 was in his playing days. I know they are young, but it still should be better than it's going right now. A few more games like the first two and I'm afraid ALOT of changes will be on the horizon for the warriors. Goodluck to Marion County-Jasper every week except for week 4 of course.

IMO Marion has a good coaching staff that has been around the game a lot of time. It's just hard to win games when everyone on the team just wants to fuss and argue. You can't win when you have players jealous of the other ones for scoring (linemen included) no one wants to step up and be a leader. As far as the team that played alcoa I was on that team and wore number 45! We actually played as a team and wanted to win no matter what it took. This years team has no heart and honestly the more I watch them the more I think they don't want to win. They have the talent to win ball games. So imo its not the coaches its something inside the players is the reason we aren't winning and its called (heart, motivation, leadership, and want to win no matter the cost). Just my opinion hopes this helps clear something's up!

Were you the Hargis kid?

Here's the thing though, it's a coach's job to motivate and bring out those qualities in a young man or woman. I know it's not entirely up to the coach, but I seen Vic get some of our worst talent in the early 2000's to the semifinals. Not saying it's boecks fault but someone has to be accountable

Fellers, Old Pirate says, it is crystal clear to most folkes......them folkes from Jasvegas is short on stud makers. Recon theys feegot how & what it takes...

Likes old grand pappy used to say to OP, "Youngon........... yous just can't chicken soup out of chicken poop" :popcorneater:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Ok, here's the perspective of a Tigers fan who has watched both games so far....

For one, the Tigers schedule has been a little easier than MC's, but not a ton easier. Copper Basin isn't a cupcake team.

In the Copper Basin game Whitwell got destroyed but folks need to keep in mind that the Coach held out several key players as a disciplinary action (including the QB). On top of that a couple other "good" players were hurt and didn't get to play. I'm not trying to make excuses here but it is what it is.

Against Midway we had most of our players back. Just having the QB back made a world of difference but a few other's helped out quite a bit also. My only concern leaving the Midway game was the fact that it took the Tigers about 2 quarters to get going. After halftime Midway couldn't hardly move the ball but before that it looked like the tigers were headed for another loss. (KUDOS to Midways QB by the way... he had a cannon for an arm)

So here is my opinion going into this weeks matchup. I think that both of these teams are pretty much even. I might have to give Whitwell a slight edge just for the fact that they came back against Midway with a big win and will be pumped at home for the first district game. HOWEVER, they have to come out swinging. I dont think that they will be able to leave with another Win if they wait until half time to get going again..... Same with MC. They better come out ready to go and not be turning the ball over.

Whoever can hang on to the ball will win this one.

i've heard all year the warriors are up&coming with lots of young talent! is it the coaching or is the players is the question! with an 0-2 start you can blame both but the REALITY is the warriors aren't what they use to be nor will they ever be! the motivation of the fans, players&coaches is not there! you could have the great vince lombardi as your coach but it wouldn't matter your still a 3 or 4 win team and will be for years to come unless things change real quick ! tigers 21 warriors 20!