Gallatin (2-0) vs Lebanon (1-1)

GWAVE1

Gallatin will roll into Nokes-Lassiter for the last time sporting a 2-0 record. Have to admit I always kinda liked that old field with the bushes in the end zones and all. Then there is the "lift". Gonna kind of miss the old place....oh well. Lebanon comes off a big win over Franklin County. Once again the key to this game is stopping or containing Patrick Maynerd. He threw for over 100 yards and ran for another 100 this past week. He is definitely one of the top players in district 9-AAA. Gallatin's defense had better be well prepared. Looks like the Apple kid is also doing some damage as well. He isn't very big but is producing some good numbers. Gallatin played very well this past week but there is room for improvement. Sophomore Qb did an excellent job, lets hope he can continue on that pace.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True that everyone returns, save Tremaine. Lebanon will have to play WAY over their heads to win this game. Nothing's impossible, but Gallatin just smoked a pretty good Springfield team without the help of our best OL/DL, LB/RB, and FB... Plus, our soph backup QB looked like a seasoned Senior leading the offense. All signs lead to this being a tough week for the Blue Devils.

True that everyone returns, save Tremaine. Lebanon will have to play WAY over their heads to win this game. Nothing's impossible, but Gallatin just smoked a pretty good Springfield team without the help of our best OL/DL, LB/RB, and FB... Plus, our soph backup QB looked like a seasoned Senior leading the offense. All signs lead to this being a tough week for the Blue Devils.

It will be pretty close in the 1st half. The 2nd half GHS dominates. GHS by 17

If LHS is to have a shot to stay in this one they are going to have to tighten it up defensively and also cut down on number of penalties. Last week Franklin County's double-handoffs out of the wing-t formation gave LHS all kinds of fits. Really need to be disciplined and stick to their defensive assignments this week. I think LHS will put up some points but I haven't seen anything yet to give me hope that they will slow GHS enough to win the game. I agree that it will be close throughout the 1st half and hopefully longer for LHS. I'll say Gallatin 31-21.

Gallatin freshmen lost a hard fought game to Lebanon tonight 48-44. Down 19-0 Gallatin fought back to take the lead only to lose less than a minute remaining in the game.

Big concern is the huge line for Lebanon tomorrow night. If they choose to play a short game with 3 yards and a cloud of dust, then Gallatin could be in trouble. However, Gallatin can run and pass and will be very explosive. Long running series between these two teams and should be a hard hitting affair.