Blackman at Siegel

crazy_cowboy89

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good score but i think it will be a lil closer than that maybe a 3 point spread. Regardless of how it turns out everyone on here has to agree that if ya come messing with Rutherford County ya better be ready for a fight...........

You got that right! No matter what team you are playing in this district you better bring it or you will get your you know what whipped! :thumb::popcorneater:

It has been proven twice already that if you contain mathers then your chances increase dramaticaly. Now my definition of containing Mathers is 120 yards or less and you keep him between the 20s. A pretty good night for most backs. Smyrna did it twice last year and came away with the wins. From what I have read about Blackman, since I have not seen them first hand, it looks like the offense is in the same boat as they were last year. Focus on #4 and limit him as much as possible and put the pressure on the QB to win. Two birds with one stone. You let Mathers run loose and then "Ole Uncle MO" starts to build for Blackman and he busts a back breaker on you. Then what? Mathers should be your focus. Not to mention a young O-line will help Siegel's chances. Strickland will have his hands full already. Blackman gets the win 31-28 in a shootout. Good luck to both teams. No injuries.

Edited by milo118

Congrats Siegel on a deserved win.

My take on the game: Blackman controlled the 1st half but did not capitalize on their opportunities. Missed extra point, missed field goal, fumble deep in Siegel territory. Blackman should have had control of the game at halftime.

Siegel totally outplayed us in the 2nd half. Our defense could not stop Siegel's running game. Harding is the real deal. He must have had about 300 yards at least it seemed. Our defensive line game did not seem good at all.

I do believe the game would have been even more of a shootout had Mathers not had his health issues which I assume was Migraines. It appeared to be the same problem he had in the playoff game last year and unfortunately he was unable to play the whole game. Another missed opportunity was Mathers 83 yard td run that was called back due to a holding penalty.

But I'll give Siegel credit, they deserved to win tonight. Strickland did play a good game. The problem tonight was all on the defensive side of the ball.

Hated to see Q Cousins on crutches tonight, anybody know what happened to him. Will he be back on the field this year. They really needed him tonight with it being a hot night. Also, will he be back for basketball season. He is one of our better basketball players. Also, why did Thahal May not play. Noticed he was in street clothes. He did not appear to be injured. Suspended?

Still a long way to go in this season and all our goals can still be accomplished. GO BLAZE!!!