5A State Champion predictions

HCRedSwarm

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's early but let's hear the predictions.

I can give a prediction in 3A and feel pretty confident that Alcoa is going to be there at the end,unless something goes very wrong.In 5A it's way to early.I remember a very good Clinton team two years ago when it all looked good until their all state running back got hurt.Maryville getting their QB hurt in the 6A championship game almost ended in defeat for them last year.I've not seen any rankings but would think Morristown West is a top five team at this point.West Rebels might be in my top ten as well.I've not seen a lot of teams in middle and west TN to know who to keep an eye on as the season moves forward.

Columbia, Henry County, Gallatin, and Powell all look to have decent shots and appear to be the "current" front runners. I would say Ridgeway as well as far as talent goes, but they've just looked kind of "blah" so far.

But as someone posted above, it's still very early and a lot can change. Plus there always seems to be a darkhorse team that comes out of nowhere.

My pick is Columbia vs Henry Co in Cookeville. HC wins by 10 (unless they get down and are forced to pass, not overly impressed with their passing game)

If Henry County expects to win that game they better put up a bunch of points because CHS has had the most electrifying pass offense in 5a the first two weeks averaging over 300 yards.