Riverdale - Smyrna

warrior82dad

Great job by the defense last night. Seems like the concensus is that the defense bailed out some breakdowns in special teams and an out of sync night by the offense. Been quite a while since the Riverdale defense has been the hero to carry the day. Way to go!!!

Gotta clean up a lot to the issues and get better. The offense is explosive but is still having trouble putting together the long sustained drives. Lots of areas to improve but still 3-0 and it's better to learn from wins that losses.

Sounds like Smyrna played their butts off but it just wasn't quite enough. Good luck to the dogs next week.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for the Warriors but many weaknesses raised there heads. Smyrna seemed to run at will right up the middle which surprized me after the performance of the line at X. Special teams break downs seemed to be a theme thoughout the night.For the life of me I cant understand why Odom wont catch the back on the run? He never rns to to lay and always seems to want to run around it. Too many players dropped passes right in there hands that should have been caught. And whats with the clock management. Both in the booth and on the field. Times outs were not keep on the board which lead to the confusion on the last series that almost came back to haunt. Overall I think the heat and the missing recovery day played a role in the outcome. Without the pass interference calls on the D, this game would have turned out much different.

First, Congratatulations Warriors! :thumb:

Like TDC said, it is GOOD to see the IMPORTANCE of DEFENSE being appreciated again.

It was also good to see a BALANCED attack of running and passing.

Now enjoy today and tomorrow. Work starts again Monday.

The state Champion will be playing and winning 13 weeks from now. Pain and sweat now, tears of joy then.

Good win for the Warriors but many weaknesses raised there heads. Smyrna seemed to run at will right up the middle which surprized me after the performance of the line at X. Special teams break downs seemed to be a theme thoughout the night.For the life of me I cant understand why Odom wont catch the back on the run? He never rns to to lay and always seems to want to run around it. Too many players dropped passes right in there hands that should have been caught. And whats with the clock management. Both in the booth and on the field. Times outs were not keep on the board which lead to the confusion on the last series that almost came back to haunt. Overall I think the heat and the missing recovery day played a role in the outcome. Without the pass interference calls on the D, this game would have turned out much different.

Doesn't seem like Smyrna did anything at will. Smyrna had 130 total yards of offense and 80 on the ground

Sounds and reads like it was a great game. Wasn't there for this one. Wish I was. Looks like it went down to the wire. Warriors you were the better team. Held the Bulldog offense to 146 total yards. Kudos to the Bulldog defense in containing Davenport. The Bulldogs have nothing to be ashamed about. Played a great team to the wire at thier place. Need to work hard and get it figured out. It was reported by the DNJ that Riverdale blocked a punt. If so then the special teams have given up a blocked punt for the second week in a row. Cant expect to beat top teams if we give them the ball deep in our own territory. congrats to the Warriors. You are defenitely the team to beat in 7AAA. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

Congratulations Men! :thumb:

Its that 'talent pool' that has run dry I keep hearing about evidently.

I guess you can see potential from freshman results. But dont start reading the tea leaves. In my opinion freshman results dont neccessarly translate to varsity results. Three years is a long time. Many things can happen. For instance the 2009 Blackman team dominated their middle school and Freshman years. Although they had some success, that team really didnt do much their varsity years. Also thses two teams, Smyrna and Riverdale, played in the Feshman Championship game. The Bulldogs routed the Warriors. Now look at how things have shaped up. All it takes is a couple of really good players to make a dominate freshamn team. Much different at the varsity level. For me it is hard to see the future based on Freshman results. The one thing that you can say about riverdale is that you have a powerhouse PROGRAM again.

Edited by milo118