3A Poll voters should be fired!

Deion24

First off, this is not a slander on any team. However, the newspapers, media, etc. should obviously relook at who they let vote on these things. I have a 2 yr old female boxer and a 1 yr old male german shephard whom could make more educated guesses than these jokers! The first poll of the year came out and had Alcoa as an unanimous 1st place team with nobody close...the newest poll comes out after Alcoa loses to Maryville and has Alcoa struggling to hold on to 1st place and only receiving 13 out of 21 first place votes????? Alcoa hasnt lost a game in years in any class and loses by 7 pts to the #1 team in 6A, which happens to be ranked in the top 50 in the nation, and now they are questionable to win 3A?????? Are you kidding me? Alcoa is easy 1 of the top 4 teams in the state regardless of class and the poll questions that? Who are these writers that vote? If I was a newspaper or media outlet and one of my people voted for anybody other than Alcoa as #1 in 3A, I assure you, that would tell me that he/she is not competent of handling the job. And who voted for Milan???? Again, no disrespect for Milan...but, if the 2 teams played right now, Alcoa would be a 35 pt favorite, or more. Maryville would put up over 50 on Milan! I agree that CAK is 2nd in state, but there should be a wide differential between top 2 and the rest! Alcoa, with their resume(especially in 3A) should be a unanimous decision for top spot until someone in 3A can prove different...it definately is not Milan or Goodpasture! The top 3 teams in 3A over past few years have been Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon! It is embarrasing to the media that this poll ever came out. Does anyone that voted for anyone other than Alcoa want to bet me all that they own verses what I own when I take Alcoa in every game in 3A this year????????? I doubt I will have any takers with the voters, however, they are willing to write/vote things they have no idea on! I challenge any voter who did not pick Alcoa #1 in 3A, to explain your decision to everyone...especially the person who voted for Milan.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chill out, man! Alcoa has proved in the past, and will probably prove again, they are the class of 3A. Nobody cares, probably even Alcoa's team, what the polls say. They mean nothing in HS football. There is a playoff system that is not affected by polls, and the cream will rise.

Now, with that said, you lose credibility saying that loudon has been a Top 3 team in the state the last few years. Won't argue with Alcoa and CAK, but your East Tennessee bias is stretching a bit saying Loudon has been better than Milan and Goodpasture the last few years.

First off, this is not a slander on any team. However, the newspapers, media, etc. should obviously relook at who they let vote on these things. I have a 2 yr old female boxer and a 1 yr old male german shephard whom could make more educated guesses than these jokers! The first poll of the year came out and had Alcoa as an unanimous 1st place team with nobody close...the newest poll comes out after Alcoa loses to Maryville and has Alcoa struggling to hold on to 1st place and only receiving 13 out of 21 first place votes????? Alcoa hasnt lost a game in years in any class and loses by 7 pts to the #1 team in 6A, which happens to be ranked in the top 50 in the nation, and now they are questionable to win 3A?????? Are you kidding me? Alcoa is easy 1 of the top 4 teams in the state regardless of class and the poll questions that? Who are these writers that vote? If I was a newspaper or media outlet and one of my people voted for anybody other than Alcoa as #1 in 3A, I assure you, that would tell me that he/she is not competent of handling the job. And who voted for Milan???? Again, no disrespect for Milan...but, if the 2 teams played right now, Alcoa would be a 35 pt favorite, or more. Maryville would put up over 50 on Milan! I agree that CAK is 2nd in state, but there should be a wide differential between top 2 and the rest! Alcoa, with their resume(especially in 3A) should be a unanimous decision for top spot until someone in 3A can prove different...it definately is not Milan or Goodpasture! The top 3 teams in 3A over past few years have been Alcoa, CAK, and Loudon! It is embarrasing to the media that this poll ever came out. Does anyone that voted for anyone other than Alcoa want to bet me all that they own verses what I own when I take Alcoa in every game in 3A this year????????? I doubt I will have any takers with the voters, however, they are willing to write/vote things they have no idea on! I challenge any voter who did not pick Alcoa #1 in 3A, to explain your decision to everyone...especially the person who voted for Milan.

After what I saw, Alcoa should be unanimous #1 in 3A. No one in 3A will come close to beating them. They are still a great football team.

Polls mean nothing, except message board topics.

I don't agree with it of course, but I wouldn't worry. Just have a good laugh and watch as Alcoa rips through the regular season undefeated and then roars through the playoffs for 8 straight.

Wishful thinking by the poll guys. Maryville is simply a beast. Alcoa was within 7. No team in 3A has Maryvilles discipline to contain Vee and Oggs to the extent they did.

not that I "totally" disagree with your post..but since you're on a viscious rant...I'll remind you that in typing..you lost track of "all the facts" since that Maryville is ranked 80th in this week's Rivals Top 100..which of course in not the top 50...however they are indeed up 6 spots from last week's 86th ranking in the nation...thought you'd like to know!..hopefully this has talked you down off the ledge...Oh..and for what it's worth..Ensworth is up 5 spots to 94 from last week's 99 ranking!

not that I "totally" disagree with your post..but since you're on a viscious rant...I'll remind you that in typing..you lost track of "all the facts" since that Maryville is ranked 80th in this week's Rivals Top 100..which of course in not the top 50...however they are indeed up 6 spots from last week's 86th ranking in the nation...thought you'd like to know!..hopefully this has talked you down off the ledge...Oh..and for what it's worth..Ensworth is up 5 spots to 94 from last week's 99 ranking!

Fact Maryville is Ranked 38th in the nation by ESPN and Alcoa was ranked 46th before saturdays game.

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/team-rankings/2011-2012/Preseason.aspx

I think Deion took one too many of his pain meds tonight. I can understand the argument. Honestly, nobody in 3A has even proven they can play on the same field as Alcoa (with the exception of CAK once) in the past 5-6 years. Just like in NCAA though, a close game or loss you're going to lose votes and spots no matter what actually is going to happen. After a couple of 3A wins it will be right back to being a unanimous again.

Fact Maryville is Ranked 38th in the nation by ESPN and Alcoa was ranked 46th before saturdays game.

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/team-rankings/2011-2012/Preseason.aspx

In which case he should go on more of a rant with the pollsters at Rivals...Alcoa doesn't even make their list!...I hope the news of my post doesn't seem him over the edge!!!