2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

Get your own thread!

Big deal you will get to the state. You WON"T win it! J'County or C'range will beat you by 25. Wartburg was at the same camps Cloudland was at this summer and from what I heard they are about the same. Everyone forgets that W'burg was at camp without 2 seniors one of which scored about 19ppg or their soph PG. They still managed to win most games played this summer. Put no stock in things said on here before the season even starts. I can't say enough that the 3 post players for W'burg are going to be problems for someone. Kidd and Davidson are good scorers and they are 9-10 deep. The 3 pt shot when you have 4-5 players shooting it well makes a pretty good argument for the Lady Dogs. Hope to see you in the substate. I do have a couple of predictions.

1. Cloudland and NG will meet in the state champ game and both will win.

They are soo good that nobody shoud even dare mention who will win their conference or district.

2. NG and Cloudland will win every single-A district and region in the state.

3. NG and Cloudland will both go undefeated

4. The TSSAA will move the state tournament to NG (in a cow pasture) to pay homage to the greatness of both NG and Cloudland.

It is crazy to predict who will win a substate that happens months from now. You don't know how injuries or even team chemistry will work out.

In all seriousness..........Kayla Christopher would by herself beat any team that is in Upper East TN this year! The W'burg team that won the region a few years ago would beat any of those teams by 25 also. Upper East catches our best programs rebuilding and then gets on here and talks trash!

Thats funny :roflol: region 1's top 3 teams would mop the floor with any team 4A put on the floor period. I will give OS credit they did have a stretch where they was phenominal when Christopher and Hall was there dont get me wrong,But I know for a fact this years North Greene and Cloudland and last years North Greene team that made it to the state semi-finals is way better than that OS team.

And yea Wartburg might be able to beat anybody on any given night in district 4A but they wont hear the gun go off against North Greene or Cloudland. Them and Oakdale both play crap teams and Oakdale got beat by a crap team on their own home floor in their Substate game so dont give me this crap about how good Chokedale Wartburg and all these other are because im not buying it. I hope Chokedale loads up that cupcake schedule and them or Wartburg Has to roll into Baylenton or Roan Mountain you will see real some real basketball is played. :lol:

Thats funny :roflol: region 1's top 3 teams would mop the floor with any team 4A put on the floor period. I will give OS credit they did have a stretch where they was phenominal when Christopher and Hall was there dont get me wrong,But I know for a fact this years North Greene and Cloudland and last years North Greene team that made it to the state semi-finals is way better than that OS team.

And yea Wartburg might be able to beat anybody on any given night in district 4A but they wont hear the gun go off against North Greene or Cloudland. Them and Oakdale both play crap teams and Oakdale got beat by a crap team on their own home floor in their Substate game so dont give me this crap about how good Chokedale Wartburg and all these other are because im not buying it. I hope Chokedale loads up that cupcake schedule and them or Wartburg Has to roll into Baylenton or Roan Mountain you will see real some real basketball is played. :lol:

We at Cloudland know that all teams in 4a are good teams. Each game we play this season will be a tough battle, especially once tournament time gets here! The teams in 4a are always battle ready and it is always a good game. Please don't associate us with this 3dgym jerk from North Greene!! Good luck to everybody and see you in the gym!! (in 2d!)

I had to post that one more time for giggles :)bulldogmom seems to be stirring up a big pot of stew with that last statement but thats ok because I am starving at the moment. First things first and this is from a very reliable source,the team you might have saw this summer was missing the girl that transfered in from North Carolina 6'2 D1 junior prospect Brooke Rhodes.I will by your motel room and pay for your gas if any team in your weak district beats North Greene or Cloudland but I guess you will be on your own once that beaten takes place because North Greene is loaded with everyone back for the exception of Mariah Britton who is now playing at Bryan College. North Greene also returns one of the top sophmores in the state Mindy Mcneese to go along with one of the best post players in East Tennessee 6'3 Laken Morrow. Listen we can sit here and chat all day long but the fact of the matter is you are trying to chop down an oak tree with a tiny hatchet my friend. But once again two of your teams will get the opportunity to play either or so regarless of if it's Chokedale,OS,Wartburg or Coafield it doesn't matter because its going to be a long night for either one of the 4. And North Greene doesn't sound like a bad idea they have one of the best cheeseburger joints there is it's delicious :thumb:

The East TN girls’ basketball teams are always and will continue to be the toughest and most competitive region or area in TN. Of course, I think that NG and Cloudland are great teams with qualities within that are unmentionable, but that does not mean that they are unbeatable or even untouchable. We all know that last year Oakdale had their cards laid just right for them and they SHOULD have won because they got every chance in the world but that is the very example that shows that with any team coming into a game ready to play the possibilities are in the air. Another examples from Christopher and Hall’s senior year of Oakdale almost beating them, and they weren’t good then. Or even OS beating Webb a few years ago when they had two future lady vols. It happens to every team and there are examples in every sport and team. There are many times in the past that the results came out completely opposite of what they should have been or were. Just because a team is rebuilding this year doesn’t mean they won’t make some noise during the tournament time. That’s what regular season and summer is for... getting ready for tournament time! I am definitely not downing in team because we all love the completion level in this area and we would never want this district to become a weak one.

I wish I could add something fruitful to this thread, unfortunately I haven't seen enough of any of the teams to make any meaningful statements. What I know is this:

Oakdale returns some really good players with Redman and Kilby, and a good pg.

OS should still be pretty stout with their pg play and the Macey girl, but beyond those two, I'm not sure what else they have.

Coalfield will be way down.

Oneida, I wouldn't count them out of anything, with Amanda Jackson as their coach, they could go all the way in the district. Really good coach they have now.

Wartburg returns 4 seniors I believe. Kidd, Davidson, Lowe, and Phillips.

2 Juniors, Laughter and Hurtt

2 Sophomores, Phillips and Mathis.

2 really good Freshmen, Hamby and Carter.

My pre-season guess, and I mean GUESS, would be Wartburg and Oakdale fight it out, with Wartburg coming out on top. I think the Davidson/Laughter combo can stop Redman/Kilby, and Kristy Phillips can match up with any pg in the district. Throw in Kidd, Lowe, Tori Phillips, Hurtt, and a couple of good Freshmen, and I think Wartburg wins. (can you tell I'm from Wartburg? lol)

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, it should be a fun year, and nobody gets through the district without a couple of losses.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could add something fruitful to this thread, unfortunately I haven't seen enough of any of the teams to make any meaningful statements. What I know is this:

Oakdale returns some really good players with Redman and Kilby, and a good pg.

OS should still be pretty stout with their pg play and the Macey girl, but beyond those two, I'm not sure what else they have.

Coalfield will be way down.

Oneida, I wouldn't count them out of anything, with Amanda Jackson as their coach, they could go all the way in the district. Really good coach they have now.

Wartburg returns 4 seniors I believe. Kidd, Davidson, Lowe, and Phillips.

2 Juniors, Laughter and Hurtt

2 Sophomores, Phillips and Mathis.

2 really good Freshmen, Hamby and Carter.

My pre-season guess, and I mean GUESS, would be Wartburg and Oakdale fight it out, with Wartburg coming out on top. I think the Davidson/Laughter combo can stop Redman/Kilby, and Kristy Phillips can match up with any pg in the district. Throw in Kidd, Lowe, Tori Phillips, Hurtt, and a couple of good Freshmen, and I think Wartburg wins. (can you tell I'm from Wartburg? lol)

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, it should be a fun year, and nobody gets through the district without a couple of losses.

Saw the Girls and Boys play Sweetwater tonight, the Boys looked good, but the Girls blew a good lead. Not sure your right about Wartburg beating Oakdale, Oliver Springs, or Oneida. Davis is a good coach, so we'll wait and see.

I can see them splitting some of those games.

Edited by 4aFan4U

Saw the wartburg and greenback game last night and I came away with some really positive feelings.

Wartburg has got to get their 2 freshmen posts more experience! They are very talented, but make some rookie mistakes and aren't yet able to handle late game pressure. If the one post girl had made her Free throws (watched her since middle school, and she is a good FT shooter) Wartburg would've won by 10-12 points. The lady dogs only had 6 or 7 turn overs (20 or more vs sweetwater) last night and did pretty well on the boards. The star of the night was #23 from greenback that young lady had 23 and 6/6 from the 3 point line. She is going to be tough on district 3

Wartburg Grils will be fine. I think you will see them struggle for a little while then put it together and make a run! Also they had 3 in double figures scoring as their bench improves I think you will see 4 or 5 in double figures each night.

Watch out for the Wartburg Boys! They are looking really good right now!

• 2 weeks later...

I got to see them at Harriman last night, and your right BulldogPlayerMom, they have really improved since the Sweetwater game I seen them blow in the 4th period. Harriman made a little run late in the game, but the girls played tough and stopped Harrimans momentum. I didn't see alot out of the Freshmen, but you can see plenty of potential there. The Seniors also seemed to play better and lead better. It was a fun game to watch, I thought Higgins would be a big factor, but they really kept her under wraps, she even fouled out kind of early.

Davis has his Lady Dogs looking much better than what I seen in their first game.

Kudos to Kidd, Davidson and Laughter, I thought they were game changers.

Coalfield boys beat Jellico last night and the girls looked awesome!

I believe that our boys and girls will beat Wartburg this season. I'm not sure when the games come up, but do believe we will beat them.

Oakdale is still the best team with O.S. in second they almost beat Clarkrange. Then there is everyone else.

Coalfield boys beat Jellico last night and the girls looked awesome!

I believe that our boys and girls will beat Wartburg this season. I'm not sure when the games come up, but do believe we will beat them.

Oakdale is still the best team with O.S. in second they almost beat Clarkrange. Then there is everyone else.

WOW