2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

This is how the district tournament is shaping up, if OS defeats Oneida at home Friday night, and Oakdale wins at Coalfield.

1.) Wartburg - bye

2.) Oliver Springs

7.) Jellico

3.) Oakdale

6.) Coalfield

4.) Oneida

5.) Sunbright

I think the final four will be Wartburg, OS, Oakdale and Oneida...any of the 4 could win the tournament, what are your thoughts? I don't see any upsets in the 1st round of 3 games.

I do not see any either 4afan4u, although Coalfield could give Oakdale a run, but highly doubt it ( unless Hamby has 40+. I think any of 4 could win esp if they get hot, they have all played in spurts this yr, Wartburg and Os being two that have played best overall, but all 4 are capable of getting hot and winning it.

I'm sure this is off the path a little bit, but has anyone noticed how the feeder schools to these teams are doing. I know Oneida Middle is doing well. How are the other Jr. High's faring in their post season? Oneida is going to recieve their second upgrade in talent for the second year in a row. I would be surprised if it doesn't influence some of the teams in 4a. The current team starts 3 7th graders, so they could be tough again. I think Coalfield is still playing too. Am I missing anyone?

I know this is off topic, but would you agree the fortunes of the jr high will influence the High Schools they feed?

I'm sure this is off the path a little bit, but has anyone noticed how the feeder schools to these teams are doing. I know Oneida Middle is doing well. How are the other Jr. High's faring in their post season? Oneida is going to recieve their second upgrade in talent for the second year in a row. I would be surprised if it doesn't influence some of the teams in 4a. The current team starts 3 7th graders, so they could be tough again. I think Coalfield is still playing too. Am I missing anyone?

I know this is off topic, but would you agree the fortunes of the jr high will influence the High Schools they feed?

Yes I would agree, Wartburg Girls last couple of years have been strong, but they got a very talented gorup, so their middle school being slight under talented this yr shouldnt hurt them in long run, OS had good group as well, last yr, they however had kids go into different directions, ( meaning to other schools) although the better ones stayed with OS. Coalfield, yeah its wild bc their girls seem to not want to play basketball when they get to high school? Becuase look how many times there playing in tournaments at end and can't seem to get over hump. OS and Wartburg and ONEIDA all play AA in junior high, and coalfield , oakdale, sunbright, jellico all play single A. Big difference in middle school.

This is how the district tournament is shaping up, if OS defeats Oneida at home Friday night, and Oakdale wins at Coalfield.

1.) Wartburg - bye

2.) Oliver Springs

7.) Jellico

3.) Oakdale

6.) Coalfield

4.) Oneida

5.) Sunbright

I think the final four will be Wartburg, OS, Oakdale and Oneida...any of the 4 could win the tournament, what are your thoughts? I don't see any upsets in the 1st round of 3 games.

I think this is the bracket and after Fridays games if Oneida and Oakdale are still tied Oneida won the coin flip that was conducted at the meeting.That would put them against Coalfield and Oakdale would play Sunbright

But as of today it looks like this

Picture1.jpg

DISTRICT 4 A

WARTBURG

ONEIDA/OAKDALE

SUNBRIGHT

OAKDALE/ONEIDA

COALFIELD

OS

JELLICO

Edited by Hopi

I think this is the bracket and after Fridays games if Oneida and Oakdale are still tied Oneida won the coin flip that was conducted at the meeting.That would put them against Coalfield and Oakdale would play Sunbright

But as of today it looks like this

Picture1.jpg

DISTRICT 4 A

WARTBURG

ONEIDA/OAKDALE

SUNBRIGHT

OAKDALE/ONEIDA

COALFIELD

OS

JELLICO

SO could be some shakes up if oneida beat os? and coalfield beats oakdale? The first round games are satellite? right

SO could be some shakes up if oneida beat os? and coalfield beats oakdale? The first round games are satellite? right

I try my best not to make "bank on it" statements, your just asking for some raw crow to eat when you do that, lol...

BUT, Coalfield COULD upset Oakdale, kind of doubt it, but possible. I agree with Thrilla, Hamby would need at least 30 to 40 points for that to happen.

OS vs Oneida at OS on the other hand, eh, ain't happening. I wouldn't be so sure of it at a neutral site, but at OS?...especially considering how they played against Wartburg at home, and at Oakdale, I'll be shocked out of my shoes if Oneida comes out of there with a win, lol (and no, I'm not an Oneida hater, I think they're going to be really good in a year or two!)

Edited by 4aFan4U

Who would you rather play in the first round? Coalfield and Hamby or face Sunbright(who is playing much better as of late)and their quick guards. The 3 seed does avoid Wartburg at Wartburg until the championship game which is nice. But you have to win the first one to move on. Could shape up to be a exciting Tourney.And 4aFan, I hope you get to eat some crow on the Oneida at Oz prediction, but I think your right.

Who would you rather play in the first round? Coalfield and Hamby or face Sunbright(who is playing much better as of late)and their quick guards. The 3 seed does avoid Wartburg at Wartburg until the championship game which is nice. But you have to win the first one to move on. Could shape up to be a exciting Tourney.And 4aFan, I hope you get to eat some crow on the Oneida at Oz prediction, but I think your right.

lol, and I wouldn't mind eating some ;)

I truly wouldn't pick any district team to win at OS, the biggest home court advantage in the district, possibly the region.

I actually think I would rather play Coalfield, Hamby carries that team, shut her down and half the battle is over...or at least slow her down. Sunbright is a bit of a wild card, more of a "team" IMO. I give a big coaching advantage to Coalfield though, so go figure! lol

I hope WECO covers the Oneida/OS game, surely they will, who else plays? Wartburg hosts out of district I would think people would rather hear a district matchup.