Wayne County at Cascade

wildcatpride70

Not assuming cause we all know it can make something out of U and ME.

I said previously in the other post that I didn't know whether Cascade has improved or not. You just said they did. Fine. I just said MP had greatly improved since that Cascade game too and that the improved MP team got beat by WC. Now are you to assume WC will not adjust and get better??

I still take WC by 2 TD's. Sorry if that steps on some toes. I could very well eat that, but I don't think so.

do you like mustard Ketchup or mayo with your crow :roflol:

Here's the skinny:

First: No one needs to take anything from the WC MtP game about WC. This was a lazy WC bunch that had beaten two teams bad and had not been tested on D threw the air yet and it showed. Although, WC did it pretty much all night on D with only three Defensive lineman. The calls from the refs were all for MtP (not using that as an excuse but it helped them out in big situations). So, it was an at best par performance by this WC team.

Second: It has always been a hard fought game between these two teams (since I've been watchin Wayne Co. football) and Cascade has been the favord more times than not. Cascade, most of the time, has always had the bigger line and from watchin the MtP Cascade film. They have the bigger line this year. Although, someone said earlier that cascade has the speed advantage. This is not true. Yes Cascade has a fast QB and a fast RB but WC has a more overall speed, that includes lineman.

Third: The Prediction: WC will have another test just like against MtP but we've seen it and we can adjust to it now. Cascade will have to stop a good run game but they've seen it against JB and I assume they've adjusted to it. This will be the advantage, Cascade has not had to stop the veer and in the past that has been the downfall to them. As it was in the '06 year. Someone from MtP said "stop the run and stop WC" well...you see how that turned out for them. It will be hard to do with Rice, Butler, and Horton runnin the ball. WC has had to prepare for pass/run/scramble teams on D against teams like MtP and Perry Co. for the last two years. Although, I believe Cascade has a more balanced team, in that being a more productive line and better decisions being made. So, it will be another nail bitter but WC gets the Win.

Here's the skinny:

First: No one needs to take anything from the WC MtP game about WC. This was a lazy WC bunch that had beaten two teams bad and had not been tested on D threw the air yet and it showed. Although, WC did it pretty much all night on D with only three Defensive lineman. The calls from the refs were all for MtP (not using that as an excuse but it helped them out in big situations). So, it was an at best par performance by this WC team.

Second: It has always been a hard fought game between these two teams (since I've been watchin Wayne Co. football) and Cascade has been the favord more times than not. Cascade, most of the time, has always had the bigger line and from watchin the MtP Cascade film. They have the bigger line this year. Although, someone said earlier that cascade has the speed advantage. This is not true. Yes Cascade has a fast QB and a fast RB but WC has a more overall speed, that includes lineman.

Third: The Prediction: WC will have another test just like against MtP but we've seen it and we can adjust to it now. Cascade will have to stop a good run game but they've seen it against JB and I assume they've adjusted to it. This will be the advantage, Cascade has not had to stop the veer and in the past that has been the downfall to them. As it was in the '06 year. Someone from MtP said "stop the run and stop WC" well...you see how that turned out for them. It will be hard to do with Rice, Butler, and Horton runnin the ball. WC has had to prepare for pass/run/scramble teams on D against teams like MtP and Perry Co. for the last two years. Although, I believe Cascade has a more balanced team, in that being a more productive line and better decisions being made. So, it will be another nail bitter but WC gets the Win.

Think your rite on the money with that analysis. Can remember Cascade not being so good but not anymore. Think WC holds its own destiny tho can be great when they apply theirselves. Think it will be close but like WC if they keep the kicking game going

I do admit WC is a really good football team. But so is Cascade. I'm tired of everyone doubt Cascade cause they don't know what they have. Someone on this forum earlier said that Mtp beat themselves by miss passes, and cause the QB had to throw. Well sir that is cause that Cascade D made him. Even though in Cedar Hill the D was not up to par, progress has been made. This is week 4 and the Champions have been on the rode this whole time, and it's finally time to come Home. And everybody knows there is nothing better then playing or being in The Stable on Friday night. The Champs will be ready. WC better be ready. Cascade is underrated and everyone will see. And in contrast to WC running back, the champs have a mighty good one too. And a QB better than the Rice kid.(Everyone knows that.) WC may have some bigger boys, but Cascade has something they don't...SPEED. :roflol:

Just curious does cascade have a good kicking game?

I do admit WC is a really good football team. But so is Cascade. I'm tired of everyone doubt Cascade cause they don't know what they have. Someone on this forum earlier said that Mtp beat themselves by miss passes, and cause the QB had to throw. Well sir that is cause that Cascade D made him. Even though in Cedar Hill the D was not up to par, progress has been made. This is week 4 and the Champions have been on the rode this whole time, and it's finally time to come Home. And everybody knows there is nothing better then playing or being in The Stable on Friday night. The Champs will be ready. WC better be ready. Cascade is underrated and everyone will see. And in contrast to WC running back, the champs have a mighty good one too. And a QB better than the Rice kid.(Everyone knows that.) WC may have some bigger boys, but Cascade has something they don't...SPEED. :roflol:

I just caught that last part about WC not having any speed, I hope everybody up there thinks the same thing because WC has some very quick backs.

• Upvote 1

Just curious does cascade have a good kicking game?

That is a great question. I don't believe it was even brought up over in the WC/MtP thread but the difference in that game was PAT's. Wayne Co. made theirs and MtP didn't. Wayne Co. has been very successful this year in converting PAT's of both kinds. This game could very well be decided by a kicker.

That is a great question. I don't believe it was even brought up over in the WC/MtP thread but the difference in that game was PAT's. Wayne Co. made theirs and MtP didn't. Wayne Co. has been very successful this year in converting PAT's of both kinds. This game could very well be decided by a kicker.

Carkcuff was preseason all state at kicker last year as a junior. Hit a 47 yard field goal last season. Can kick the ball into endzone for touchbacks. Think we'll be okay in the kicking game. Oh. By the way, he is starting qb and punter also. Always be ready for fakes. ;)

All the Cascade and Wayne County fans are welcome to tune in to my high school call in show friday night at 10:30 and hear thoughts and observations on this game. We are located in Tullahoma and broadcast on 93.9 FM. Feel free to phone in and join the conversation. Here is a link with internet streaming to computers and smart phones:

The Duck High School Finals Show!

Edited by FreeAgent11

Yeah, Boston Ray did a great job kickin. That is rare at WC(havin a good kicker). The PAT's is what help us win Friday and will be just as important this week but we'll need more to win this game! Go Cats!!! :thumb: