CAK vs Grace

Govolsknox

This is a very important game for both schools even being a nondistrict matchup. The winner will most definately have the upper hand in East Tn. recruiting next season. If GCA's recruiting class is as strong the next 2 seasons they will have a state championship very soon after coming off of probation. All that slap on the wrist did was teach them how to NOT get caught.

Edited by old24eagle

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a reasonable thought, but I've been amazed over the years how CAK has handled wet, rainy conditions as far as their passing game goes. Here is another thought: the receivers know where they are going but the DB's do not. The footing may be a bigger factor for them than the receivers. Coach Bradley has at least 20+ game balls for every game along with a ball dryer to help keep the balls in decent condition. He is meticulous about things like that. But I do believe poor weather conditions will hamper, but not defeat, our passing game just a bit.

Ummmmm, not sure if you guys know this or not, but ball dryers are not allowed at Jerry Disney Field.....lol.

Hey BC, I hope not. BUT, Stone scored 21pts against our first D and Grace has a much better Offense than Stone. Stone has a bigger offensive line but the wingT did confuse our inexperienced guys on defense. Of course we were resting a couple of guys to get healthy for the Grace game, but still, we gave up way too many yards and points.

Grace beat AC 21-20, CAK beat AC 47 -28 (1 score against our JV)

Thanks FBD..........I'll take CAK 35 Grace 27

This is a very important game for both schools even being a nondistrict matchup. The winner will most definately have the upper hand in East Tn. recruiting next season. If GCA's recruiting class is as strong the next 2 seasons they will have a state championship very soon after coming off of probation. All that slap on the wrist did was teach them how to NOT get caught.

A classy post.

As of right now the forecast doesn't call for rain on Friday. The field should have plenty of time to drain, that is as long as that sewage issue has been addressed since 2 years ago...

Like FBD, I have been surprised how little rainy weather affects the Warrior offense having watched pretty closely over past years. I suppose a driving downpour with 20 mph winds would affect anyone throwing the ball but that is not the norm. A typical rainy event has not had much impact on an offense that spends the vast majority of their practice time focussed on the passing game. It could also be pointed out that I don't think that the Warriors are incapable of running the ball, they simply have chosen not to do a lot of it because they haven't had to. The current OL is the biggest in CAK's brief history and I believe they can open a hole or two. But frankly, right now they have been averaging right at 400 yds passing, about 75% completion ratio, and 5 TD's per game. Once someone stops that, if CAK is still not able to run the ball effectively, then I'll buy in to that concern.

As far as this game is concerned, I do think that the Rams will pose some challenges for the young CAK defensive unit. Make no mistake, this Grace team is a quality football team. However, I believe the Warriors know that and are by no means overlooking them. CAK's defense will have to play assignment football to deal with Grace's multiple offensive sets. The Rams have enough play makers to keep the Warriors on their toes. On the other hand, Grace will not see another offense like CAK's this year. If they are clicking as they have been so far, it will be a tall order for them to slow down the Warrior attack.

Edited by Govolsknox

Agreed GVK. I can only speak for CAK, but there arent any real "recruiting battles" going on between Grace and CAK. our only "recruiting pitches" come from our awesome coaching staff and what we do on the field, which the past couple of years, including this year, has been very impressive. Dont bring up this "recruiting" garbage anymore. you dont have any facts to present and you're probably just angry about whatever school you cheer for getting beat by a private school.

CAK gets beat this week. There D is no way near where they need to be. Once CAK goes agaisnt a team who has a good pass D will get beat. And Grace has that D. CAK played stone last week,if stone had a better pass D, stone comes out with W in that one. Stones BIG O line was pushing around CAK line way to easy.

CAK gets beat this week. There D is no way near where they need to be. Once CAK goes agaisnt a team who has a good pass D will get beat. And Grace has that D. CAK played stone last week,if stone had a better pass D, stone comes out with W in that one. Stones BIG O line was pushing around CAK line way to easy.

I'm having trouble understanding this post :huh: