CAK @ Grace

Govolsknox

It just doesn't seem right for the 1A - 2A board not to have a thread about this game.

CAK travels to Grace this Friday to take on the Rams. This should be a great match up between 2 unbeaten teams. Grace has pulled the upset against 3 larger schools and seems to be clicking on all cylinders. CAK has been playing good football as well with 1200 plus yards of offense in 3 games and averaging around 50 points per game. How will this one play out?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just doesn't seem right for the 1A - 2A board not to have a thread about this game.

CAK travels to Grace this Friday to take on the Rams. This should be a great match up between 2 unbeaten teams. Grace has pulled the upset against 3 larger schools and seems to be clicking on all cylinders. CAK has been playing good football as well with 1200 plus yards of offense in 3 games and averaging around 50 points per game. How will this one play out?

As a Grace grandma who has followed my grandsons since their pee wee days I can tell you that private schools athletics doesn't get the credit it deserves. It is a false presumption that private schools recruit players and the general public feels they have an unfair advantage. CAK has an outstanding athletic program and equally stellar scholars. Grace's young athletic program has been developing as well and I can attest the boys work extremely hard and are outstanding scholars also. Last year Grace had a Mr. Football finalist recruited by Yale and its valedictorian recruited by Vanderbilt. Both boys received huge scholarships. Both CAK and Grace always have several All-State athletes as well. With all the "smack" on Coach T, I suppose it isn't such a big deal not to get a thread. We know what great teams CAK and Grace are.

As a Grace grandma who has followed my grandsons since their pee wee days I can tell you that private schools athletics doesn't get the credit it deserves. It is a false presumption that private schools recruit players and the general public feels they have an unfair advantage. CAK has an outstanding athletic program and equally stellar scholars. Grace's young athletic program has been developing as well and I can attest the boys work extremely hard and are outstanding scholars also. Last year Grace had a Mr. Football finalist recruited by Yale and its valedictorian recruited by Vanderbilt. Both boys received huge scholarships. Both CAK and Grace always have several All-State athletes as well. With all the "smack" on Coach T, I suppose it isn't such a big deal not to get a thread. We know what great teams CAK and Grace are.

It was noted earlier the traffic for many of the game threads was way down this year. With the exception of a handful of games most thread had one or two replies. Several theories as to why, regardless there seems to be a bit more interest in most games this week.

As to your precious private schools: Me thinketh the lady doth protest too much.

nope;we just dont like to hear from you GA,LOL!!!

Grandma is either misinformed or in denial.When you field a team with players from about 10 local schools,I call that undue influence or cheating.or all of the above.

I looked at this thread about 10 times and erased my reply every time...Ive about said about all I want to say about GCA....Id say granny is in denial! I am happy for the Yale and Vanderbilt attendees, I hear the college experience is alot easier when you enter at 24 yrs-old :mrgreen:

Edited by uknoit2

Grandma is either misinformed or in denial.When you field a team with players from about 10 local schools,I call that undue influence or cheating.or all of the above.

They act like #5 was the only one who was ineligible and they made a mistake,pridemore brought the pridgeon kid in in basketball his son and the kid played together in fla and found him a family to live with in tn,wannamaker lived with the preachers son and you have never heard of any infractions on that one.The facts are this has been going on over there for over 6 yrs,They have been doing for so long pujo that they dont know right from wrong!Then you have someone like GA acting like one(mistake)caused all this bull,it was flagrant.They thought they would get a slap on the wrist but got greedy and they got busted.i had a son on the GB team that went to substate and lost to GCA in the district and region basketball games(wannamaker was mvp in district championship and eric was mvp of region championship)without those ineligible kids Gb wins district and region gets a home substate and has a better chance of going to state for first time ever,But this cheating takes away from hard working kids,its a shame!!!

They act like #5 was the only one who was ineligible and they made a mistake,pridemore brought the pridgeon kid in in basketball his son and the kid played together in fla and found him a family to live with in tn,wannamauker lived with the preachers son and you have never heard of any infractions on that one.The facts are this has been going on over there for over 6 yrs,They have been doing for so long pujo that they dont know right from wrong!Then you have someone like GA acting like one(mistake)caused all this bull,it was flagrant.They thought they would get a slap on the wrist but got greedy and they got busted.i had a son on the GB team that went to substate and lost to GCA in the district and region basketball games(wannamaker was mvp in district championship and eric was mvp of region championship)without those ineligible kids Gb wins district and region gets a home substate and has a better chance of going to state for first time ever,But this cheating takes away from hard working kids,its a shame!!!

Just like the nut on the Greenback/GCA thread acting like all was a minor mistake! UNREAL!

They cheated ALOT of good athletes and teams and aren't one bit sorry about it

Just like the nut on the Greenback/GCA thread acting like all was a minor mistake! UNREAL!

They cheated ALOT of good athletes and teams and aren't one bit sorry about it

Have to build tradition before hanging banners not the other way around.All they are about is the winning part not about building a respectful program,they threw that out the window!This is how they will always be remembered and it is sad for the kids who actually do work hard to be a GCA ram as a youth.

If the cheating is so blatant, why doesn't someone turn Grace in? Surely there's plenty of evidence, if the rule-breaking is as obvious as you folks say it is. Right?

Until someone mans up and presents hard evidence to the TSSAA, it's all worthless chatter. The reason nobody's done it? Probably because the cheating didn't really happen. If blatant cheating occurred, someone would have most certainly already turned them in, especially since they're already on probation and further violations would bury them. That's what you all want, right?

That's all I'll say on this topic. Go ahead and throw out more accusations. They're entertaining to read.

If the cheating is so blatant, why doesn't someone turn Grace in? Surely there's plenty of evidence, if the rule-breaking is as obvious as you folks say it is. Right?

Until someone mans up and presents hard evidence to the TSSAA, it's all worthless chatter. The reason nobody's done it? Probably because the cheating didn't really happen. If blatant cheating occurred, someone would have most certainly already turned them in, especially since they're already on probation and further violations would bury them. That's what you all want, right?

That's all I'll say on this topic. Go ahead and throw out more accusations. They're entertaining to read.

Very difficult to prove that a parent isn't paying the tuition of an athlete at Grace. They (church, Grace schoolboard, and other parents) have figured a way around the "no scholarship" rule. A check is written to the athlete's parent by the church or another parent, and then the athlete's parent pays the school (now they have a cancelled check in hand if the parent is questioned as to whether or not they paid the tuition). The only reason they were caught doing this before is because the grandparent of the ineligible athele confessed to it (apparently Grace didn't think anyone receiving tuition money would turn in the one providing it). Unfortunately for the pastor, the grandparent told the truth. If they would have instead showed the cancelled tuition check to the TSSAA and said they were paying the tuition, the TSSAA have had no grounds to penalize Grace for this. Unfortunately, there are others that are still illegal that will by no means confess as to how their child's tuition is being funded. Here's a link to another example of a suspicious situation at Grace:

http://www.volunteertv.com/sports/headlines/124752949.html?storySection=story

Why would a kid that appears to be on tract to play football for a D-1 college choose to attend a single A program (that is on probation for 2 years) over a AAA high school program (and pay to attend there to boot)? If this kid is as good as it sounds (and he is certainly a big contributor to Grace's undefeated season this year), why not go to Webb, where he can legally receive a scholarship and play for a program that continues to go far in the playoffs each year, even winning numerous state championships? If he just didn't want to attend the AAA public school that he was zoned for and tuition isn't an issue for his family, why not look at CAK or Catholic (both strong programs that are playoff eligible). Just suspicious that he would play for a school in which he has no oppt to be scouted by colleges in the post season.

And in regards to your question as to why not turn them in if they are so blatant in their cheating, someone did. That is why both their football and basketball teams were put on post season probation for 2 years, and all their other athletic programs put on post season probation for 1 year. Plus, the fine that they received was initally communicated as being the largest single fine ever assessed a high school in the state of TN in the history of the TSSAA. Ultimately the fine was reduced, but still substantial, so not sure it ended up being the largest fine ever.

Very difficult to prove that a parent isn't paying the tuition of an athlete at Grace. They (church, Grace schoolboard, and other parents) have figured a way around the "no scholarship" rule. A check is written to the athlete's parent by the church or another parent, and then the athlete's parent pays the school (now they have a cancelled check in hand if the parent is questioned as to whether or not they paid the tuition). The only reason they were caught doing this before is because the grandparent of the ineligible athele confessed to it (apparently Grace didn't think anyone receiving tuition money would turn in the one providing it). Unfortunately for the pastor, the grandparent told the truth. If they would have instead showed the cancelled tuition check to the TSSAA and said they were paying the tuition, the TSSAA have had no grounds to penalize Grace for this. Unfortunately, there are others that are still illegal that will by no means confess as to how their child's tuition is being funded. Here's a link to another example of a suspicious situation at Grace:

http://www.volunteertv.com/sports/headlines/124752949.html?storySection=story

Why would a kid that appears to be on tract to play football for a D-1 college choose to attend a single A program (that is on probation for 2 years) over a AAA high school program (and pay to attend there to boot)? If this kid is as good as it sounds (and he is certainly a big contributor to Grace's undefeated season this year), why not go to Webb, where he can legally receive a scholarship and play for a program that continues to go far in the playoffs each year, even winning numerous state championships? If he just didn't want to attend the AAA public school that he was zoned for and tuition isn't an issue for his family, why not look at CAK or Catholic (both strong programs that are playoff eligible). Just suspicious that he would play for a school in which he has no oppt to be scouted by colleges in the post season.

And in regards to your question as to why not turn them in if they are so blatant in their cheating, someone did. That is why both their football and basketball teams were put on post season probation for 2 years, and all their other athletic programs put on post season probation for 1 year. Plus, the fine that they received was initally communicated as being the largest single fine ever assessed a high school in the state of TN in the history of the TSSAA. Ultimately the fine was reduced, but still substantial, so not sure it ended up being the largest fine ever.

Best post i have ever read about this situation,a friend of mine had a son on Graces basketball program and he told me that is how they get around it.