Hampton

JPII

Wow and just WOW. Its hard to imagine that many kids quitting.Sounds like monkey see, monkey do to me. Ned is the same feller he was at Cloudland and nothing like this ever happened. Wish him and whats left of the team ,good luck.

Well maybe he isnt the same feller he was at Lander Land. He had Carp to "fix" the messes he got himself into. Dont believe he has anybody to smoothe things over down there. Just have to see how it shakes out Friday nite! :popcorneater:

Well maybe he isnt the same feller he was at Lander Land. He had Carp to "fix" the messes he got himself into. Dont believe he has anybody to smoothe things over down there. Just have to see how it shakes out Friday nite! :popcorneater:

What I understand about the situation don't mean nothing anyway.I'm never around it and don't have a clue whats going on. I do understand sports and the team concept,these kids may think they are quitting on a coach ,but in reality its much more than that,they are quitting on all their teammates and school. I personally think it has more to do with the times were living in. My kid may or may not play basketball for Ned,but one thing is for sure,if he starts it ,he'll finish it.Accountability and committment are 2 of my most used words.Life don't allow you to pitch a fit and quit everytime something isn't fair or things don't go you're way.I'd be willing to bet.these kids who are quitting has quit other things in the past,they are very apt to continue the same thing well into adulthood.But If I were Ned and these kids wanted to come back,they would have to earn their way back.Sports isn't all about winning and losing at the highschool level, you can learn alot of life lessons if done the correct way.

Accountability and committment - Apparently these kids have neither standard. [/b]

Sports isn't all about winning and losing at the highschool level. - Amen to that! There a lot of lessons to be learned in sports on & off the court/field.

Remember the old saying - Winners never quit and Quitters never win! If I were the coach and you said those two words you'd not be allowed to take them back! This society is doing a huge injustice to today's youth by not teaching them respect, honor, and discipline.

Edited by openminded

Remember the old saying - Winners never quit and Quitters never win! If I were the coach and you said those two words you'd not be allowed to take them back! This society is doing a huge injustice to today's youth by not teaching them respect, honor, and discipline.

I agree 1000 percent, our youth are not getting the right instruction. Show up and you get to play,everyone gets the same old piece of junk trophy.Teachers are not allowed to fail kids ,when in reality,its the kids that failed. The teachers are the one's being graded.Why in the world would you fail a kid if it was going to cost you you're job.Coaching these days is nearly impossible. Teachers and coaches are always the one's at fault. All this junk starts at home,its nothing more than a big mess and the kids are the one's who are going to pay the price.You have to try to instill the proper values while these kids are growing up,when they get in the real world where you get you're just reward,not gonna be many rewards for the half hearted and quitters. I've not heard it in along time now,but mine used to tell me how other kids got to stay up all night and play xbox 24 7. I told him I loved him and expected alot more out of him than the average person.I think he got the picture.

Wow, Where have I saw/heard this before? Oh yea, sounds kinda like our football season. I feel bad for you fellas but mostly for the kids that have been dedicated to following up on last years team's success. Got some great,dedicated kids at Hampton right now.Got to be frustrating for them. The coupla kids I know from down there, there ain't no quit in them. Hope everything works out for their team. Maybe some younger kids will make the most of an opportunity presented and gain some valuable experience. See you fellas tomorrow night. I still expect a WAR come 8:30 or so :thumb:

Edited by Bluengoldblood

Hampton kids are all lazy, jealous, immature, and want things handed to them. The kids that quit are probably spoiled brats that mommy and daddy always has their nose in the politics at Humptown.

Thats a little uncalled for. Kids are like that in a lot of places. Todays players seem to just worry about ME, of course they hear it at home from parents/grandparents.

Hampton kids are all lazy, jealous, immature, and want things handed to them. The kids that quit are probably spoiled brats that mommy and daddy always has their nose in the politics at Humptown.

...was gonna set this one out until this statement came up!

I have four (well, 3 now) kids in shool at H-Town and none match the description above. Seth doesn't fit that description and Ive never known TT to have those characteristics. Alot of hard working kids in this area and then there are some that never 'come to be'...but its just that some have a bad home life.

But you know what, I hear the same type of stories coming out of, just about, all other schools (even CITY schools).

To see and hear all this going on is a shame, especially when you have many more of your own children yet to go thru the program. I LOVE Hampton football, and basketball...I like this coach and I want to see these problems worked out soon for the players that want to play ball now and for the ones that will be coming soon...Nobody wants their kid in a sinking ship, time to patch things up and right the ship!

GO DOGS!!!

Edited by uknoit2

...was gonna set this one out until this statement came up!

I have four (well, 3 now) kids in shool at H-Town and none match the description above. Seth doesn't fit that description and Ive never known TT to have those characteristics. Alot of hard working kids in this area and then there are some that never 'come to be'...but its just that some have a bad home life.

But you know what, I hear the same type of stories coming out of, just about, all other schools (even CITY schools).

To see and hear all this going on is a shame, especially when you have many more of your own children yet to go thru the program. I LOVE Hampton football, and basketball...I like this coach and I want to see these problems worked out soon for the players that want play ball now and for the ones that will becoming soon...Nobody wants their kid in a sinking ship, time to patch things up and right the ship!

GO DOGS!!!

Sure dont here it coming out of Greeneville

It seems like this situation has gotten completely out of control. I think if I were the Coach,I'd start over from scratch,I'd have a team meeting with the kids thats quit and all the one's remaining.I'd give everyone of one the oppertunity to say their piece and I'd give them all the oppertunity to come back out. I'd tell um all straight up front what I expected .I'd play my best players but if a single one of um missed practice without a very good excuse, or didn't do the things it takes to play on a team,they wouldn't have the chance to quit,I'd send um to the house.

It seems like this situation has gotten completely out of control. I think if I were the Coach,I'd start over from scratch,I'd have a team meeting with the kids thats quit and all the one's remaining.I'd give everyone of one the oppertunity to say their piece and I'd give them all the oppertunity to come back out. I'd tell um all straight up front what I expected .I'd play my best players but if a single one of um missed practice without a very good excuse, or didn't do the things it takes to play on a team,they wouldn't have the chance to quit,I'd send um to the house.

My thoughts exactly! Feel sorry for you if ur thoughts aren't any deeper than mine :)