Hampton

JPII

Any updates tonight @ Johnson Co. I am curious to see how the Dogs do without Lane Smith.(Broken leg)

Sorry to hear that. How in the world did that yungin' do that? Against Unaka,In practice or at home? Is it fractured or cracked? Hope he's not done for the season. Puts a dent in the Dogs depth for sure. I hate that for the team and Lane as well.

Sorry to hear that. How in the world did that yungin' do that? Against Unaka,In practice or at home? Is it fractured or cracked? Hope he's not done for the season. Puts a dent in the Dogs depth for sure. I hate that for the team and Lane as well.

Broke his ankle I hear...Must've happened at practice Wednesday...I heard he was out of commission 6 weeks, maybe longer

Broke his ankle I hear...Must've happened at practice Wednesday...I heard he was out of commission 6 weeks, maybe longer

Uknow who won the game Uknoit. I hate to hear about Lane,feel bad for him and the team,someone off the bench is going to have to really step up.This could have made things really difficult for the Bulldogs.

If a couple of kids don't step up to the plate in a hurry,I think Hampton could lose all the remaining games. Most of the remaining games could have went either way without the injury,this could be a tough period.

Could very well be a tough few weeks.

Sometimes you just gotta learn and get ready for the future....Not saying they wont win, but now is a great opportunity to push and see what you're made of... and DON'T GIVE UP!

Sometimes, hard times make those with potential alot better.....it definitely separates the boys from the young men

Hampton is still a dangerous team that can still win the district out-right if we stumble at Uh or ng. Those lander boys need to learn to put their foot on the gas and keep it there.

Hopefully Hampton will always be a threat, even when regrouping. If they ever failed to be, it'd kinda be like Nascar is without Dale....plenty of talent around just not the same excitement...same would hold true for Cloudland

Could very well be a tough few weeks.

Sometimes you just gotta learn and get ready for the future....Not saying they wont win, but now is a great opportunity to push and see what you're made of... and DON'T GIVE UP!

Sometimes, hard times make those with potential alot better.....it definitely separates the boys from the young men

Good post. At the beginning of the year, most people would have been tickled to death to know Hampton would win 4 out of their first 5 conference games. This is a rebuilding year and so far they have exceeded expectations. Even if they lose the rest of the conference games, they will be 4 and 4 which should keep Hampton out of the dreaded pigtail game after beating UH twice. As Uknoit2 said, this is a good time to get ready for the future. Throw the young players in the mix and watch them grow. They have nothing to lose.

Hampton is still a dangerous team that can still win the district out-right if we stumble at Uh or ng. Those lander boys need to learn to put their foot on the gas and keep it there.

I believe Carp will keep them focused. I like Cloudland's chances of winning the conference, and the district and region for that matter.

Good post. At the beginning of the year, most people would have been tickled to death to know Hampton would win 4 out of their first 5 conference games. This is a rebuilding year and so far they have exceeded expectations. Even if they lose the rest of the conference games, they will be 4 and 4 which should keep Hampton out of the dreaded pigtail game after beating UH twice. As Uknoit2 said, this is a good time to get ready for the future. Throw the young players in the mix and watch them grow. They have nothing to lose.

I agree,Hampton fans should be happy with the success they've enjoyed this year. Ned will have to try to figure out a new rotation and some kids will have to fill the void. Talent seems to be alright,its just green.Just play with pride and determination and let the scoreboard take care of itsself. Like Yogi Bera said,it ain't over til its over.

If a couple of kids don't step up to the plate in a hurry,I think Hampton could lose all the remaining games. Most of the remaining games could have went either way without the injury,this could be a tough period.

Been reading all the doom and gloom about the dogs..... are y'all watching the same team I saw last night?? Those kids never quit! Played hard all 4 quarters. Just got beat by a better team. I was impressed with them. If ol' Ned could find another guard, they'd make some noise in the tournament.

Elizabethton: shows what a good coach can do for a talented team. They've got the size and talent underneath but they have no guards. Wadell is a shooter... tough as nails. Pressure them the whole game and they'll have 12-15 turnovers. May be the only thing that holds them back from the 'Boro.