SHS Yellow Jackets vs DCHS Cougars

TheCommissioner

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this game being played? I thought before last week that Springfield was the more pwrful team of the two but after last week I'm not so sure. they are young, thin, and like to turn it over. As long as Dickson holds onto the ball i think they win unless Springfield dresses out a much different team than what i saw last week. Good luck to both, I actually think this will be a great game.

Where is this game being played? I thought before last week that Springfield was the more pwrful team of the two but after last week I'm not so sure. they are young, thin, and like to turn it over. As long as Dickson holds onto the ball i think they win unless Springfield dresses out a much different team than what i saw last week. Good luck to both, I actually think this will be a great game.

This game will be played in Springfield at Boyce Smith Field at 7:30PM. It will be our Homecoming game. So we can add that in the mix. The boys dont need to be disactracted ANY and we all know what Homecoming can cause. We are very young and very thin. Some complained on these boards about us playing our starters so long lasr week at HC. Well, our starters are about all that we have and they are young. With the improved quality of play that Coached Meyers has brought I hope to see an improved quantity of our players in the next few years. I persoanlly think it will take him about 5 years to turn us around and this is his 3rd year

Last time a cougar team came to Springfield was Homecoming 2 years ago, and they spoiled the fun. I hope this week the boys are listening and play more football than back yard ball. Last week was not a good evening to be a Jacket fan due to the way our team played. If we can show up and play sound football we can play with any team on our schedule. Not sure what Dickson is bringing to town, but if I remember right it will be alot of pounding the football. This scares me due to the fact we are not tackling well this year. I look for a close game with the Jackets winning on a big play! Big question is who is going to be the QB this week?

Edited by OldJacketFan

Last time a cougar team came to Springfield was Homecoming 2 years ago, and they spoiled the fun. I hope this week the boys are listening and play more football than back yard ball. Last week was not a good evening to be a Jacket fan due to the way our team played. If we can show up and play sound football we can play with any team on our schedule. Not sure what Dickson is bringing to town, but if I remember right it will be alot of pounding the football. This scares me due to the fact we are not tackling well this year. I look for a close game with the Jackets winning on a big play! Big question is who is going to be the QB this week?

IMHO if Smith is not able to go, I would go a head and put our best player #8 back there until he is ready. We have enough athletes to put at WR to fill in for him. I am not sure if this is even in consideration but it is what I would do. He can both run and throw the ball which would open up some option type action which in turn gives us the best chance to win IMO. This is of course if Smith cannot go.....

Injuries have caught up with the Jackets, and we played poorly on both sides of the ball. The offense never got going, and the defense never could slow down the Cougars' running game. Our only TD came on a kick off return by Brandon Farmer. Our starting QB was out tonight, we lost a starting LB during the week for the season, and Rodrigue was not 100%. Our backup QB, though talented, never seemed to get into a rhythm. Our defense tonight was as passive as i have seen all year. They didn't show any aggression early, and looked to be playing soft. DC played D like they were daring us to beat them, and we couldn't.

I hope the team can get it turned around, but we need to take it one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may.

Injuries have caught up with the Jackets, and we played poorly on both sides of the ball. The offense never got going, and the defense never could slow down the Cougars' running game. Our only TD came on a kick off return by Brandon Farmer. Our starting QB was out tonight, we lost a starting LB during the week for the season, and Rodrigue was not 100%. Our backup QB, though talented, never seemed to get into a rhythm. Our defense tonight was as passive as i have seen all year. They didn't show any aggression early, and looked to be playing soft. DC played D like they were daring us to beat them, and we couldn't.

I hope the team can get it turned around, but we need to take it one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may.

Not a knock against Springfield, but you are posting as if the result last night was due to Springfield (injuries, execution, etc.). Honestly, I was there and it boils down to the fact that DC beat up on Springfield all night on both sides of the ball. They ran the ball on them with ease and I believe Springfield may have had 3 first downs all night and under 10 yards rushing, maybe 50-75 yards passing. Just what it seemed to me. Springfield is a talented team and could easily be a major factor in this district down the road, but give credit to where credit is due. DC straight up beat the Jackets.

I am not inferring at all the above reasons are why we lost. DC manhandled the Jackets on both sides of the ball. I believe the effort that was shown last night was due to the reasons I mentioned. I wish our defense had played more aggressive, similar to what DC did. We were talking last night and the Cougar defense this year appears to be better than last year. Having seen both Dickson and Henry County, I believe the Patriots are better at this point. I believe Henry County is a little stronger up front and has more speed than Dickson.

This game was pretty much dominated by Dickson County. I would be surprised if Springfield had 100 yards of offense. I heard at the game their starting QB was out. That could obviously make a difference for anyone. Pretty hard hitting game that looked to me like it got a little "chippy" in the last quarter as the refs looked to call both teams in to settle them down. Believe it or not both teams prayed together when the game was over! Pretty cool sight for any sporting event regardless of the level.

Good luck to the jackets on the rest of the season. The cougars played very well on defense and the offense seemed to keep the ball most of the game. DC schedule is getting tougher.....we will see what the future holds for the young cougars!

This game was pretty much dominated by Dickson County. I would be surprised if Springfield had 100 yards of offense. I heard at the game their starting QB was out. That could obviously make a difference for anyone. Pretty hard hitting game that looked to me like it got a little "chippy" in the last quarter as the refs looked to call both teams in to settle them down. Believe it or not both teams prayed together when the game was over! Pretty cool sight for any sporting event regardless of the level.

Good luck to the jackets on the rest of the season. The cougars played very well on defense and the offense seemed to keep the ball most of the game. DC schedule is getting tougher.....we will see what the future holds for the young cougars!

Your defense kept us in check all night. We ran less than 30 offensive plays all night. Your offensive was able to use ball control and eat both the clock and yards up. SHS had no answer on either side of the ball for DCHS. I am afraid that this team may lack heart this year. I am hoping they arent quitting on Coach Meyers. A young team coupled with injuries is making for a bad season so far. Our schedule does get some easier now so maybe we can win a few and get some confidence back. Time will tell