William Blount at Catholic

tpoole12

Hello All

Just wanted to congratulate William Blount's players, coaches and fans for their victory over the Irish. Most are aware of the recent history of the WB program and some of the Irish coaching staff and I'm sure this sweet for many. I didn't attend this game. I had planned to but job related difficulties dictated otherwise. However, I did get to listen to the game. William Blount played very well. They missed on alot of scoring opportunities that almost cost them the game. Catholic had their chances also, played hard the second half and was knocking on the door till the QB sack and fumble with time running out.

OK... I said all that to say this.. Wiiam Blount can still have a good season in spite of their record at this point. They have some good atheletes. The playoffs are reachable but, the turnovers must stop. The defense looks great at times but has a tendency to give up big plays. On the other side of the ball there seems to be a bit more creativity... ie: "throw the dang ball when the defense loads up the box".. Not sure where that change came from but if it had came a couple of years earlier Gregory's record wouldn't be 8 and 17 as head coach.

As for Catholic... I'm not sure Meadows and company can survive at Catholic if they drop the next game. That game will be Thursday and this is the game of the year for many of the Irish faithful. I know I will be tuned in. I wish Scott and Ritchie the best but they will have to have their players ready to play four quarters if they hope to win.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way

tpoole12

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game. WB should have been up 28 - 0 at the half (but, we all know should've, could've, and would've will not get you anywhere). A few observations from the game:

1. Greg had a good game running the ball, he was running hard something I have been looking for him to do all season.

2. In the second half catholic started running the ball up the middle and was getting 7- 10 yards every play it seemed. I think it was Bearden that did the same thing to us.

3. Lane Bloom and Daniel Blevins seemed like they were getting their name called over the PA every defensive play.

4. Looked like Wilhite's secondary was a little weak at times giving to big of a space for receivers. Cunningham and Green both had good games.

5. Hunter Saunders (Sanders) had a good game, has the tendency to throw the ball too hard at times. Was very impressive on his feet.

6. The officiating crew came under heavy scrutiny from both sides during the game.

WB came out on Offense with a Fullback (Owens) & this really seemed to help Cook pick up more yardage and he seemed to run harder. They moved the ball very well on the ground. But, in the second half they abandon the Fullback position and went back to the single back behind the QB. They did not move the ball as well in the second half. Hopefully, the coaches will see that when they watch the film and stick with the fullback for the entire game with Heritage. I really enjoyed the Game. The team didn't let two quick touchdowns by Catholic get them down and that was good to see.

WB came out on Offense with a Fullback (Owens) & this really seemed to help Cook pick up more yardage and he seemed to run harder. They moved the ball very well on the ground. But, in the second half they abandon the Fullback position and went back to the single back behind the QB. They did not move the ball as well in the second half. Hopefully, the coaches will see that when they watch the film and stick with the fullback for the entire game with Heritage. I really enjoyed the Game. The team didn't let two quick touchdowns by Catholic get them down and that was good to see.

I've been the "GovMan" for almost 9 years now here on CoachT. Do you really want to be "WBGovMan?" Just sayin ... :o