Columbia Academy at Wayne County

jusboro

I'll give WC the edge in this one. #2 in the state should count for something, that is if the rankings really mean anything.

Im giving WC the edge to, but it aint got nothing to do with rankings, its got to do with a very good football team thats on a roll. Its going to be hard for anybody to hang with the cats right now.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just been all the games since that homecoming game, but all the games between WC and CA in general. WC has beaten CA more times than any other team (including Cornersville). In 34 games, Wayne County is 27-6-1 against CA (the tie was way back when CA was still the Columbia Military Academy). Having to hear about the handful (literally) of times CA has actually managed to beat Wayne County every single year on Coacht is ridiculous. So, think about the games in 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1990 Part 2 in the playoffs, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009,and 2010....it's a lot to think about.

Smack talk aside though, I think it's an interesting match-up. CA has whipped a lot of bad teams, WC has blowed out 4 of 5 opponents, including two 4-win teams and Mt. Pleasant (though that wasn't a blowout). CA definitely shouldn't be overlooked, but Coach Rice and Crews are still embarrassed about the last two times CA won. Over the last several years, this game has been hyped quite a bit by the coaches, so I don't think that WC will overlook CA - I mean they're undefeated and ranked No. 6 in the state. And more importantly, it's a pride game. However, I do think the team needs to clean up the penalties - they're starting to become a habit. Hopefully, the penalties (officiating) will be better in Waynesboro.

Edited by 1RT

lets define veer. veer=triple option. theres only so many triple options you can run. and if you blow up the middle, then CA should have enough speed outside to keep up. or maybe they want the opposite?

split back veer if defended right, is very easy to stop, hence why it is non-existant in the collegiate and pro levels. (at least with major programs in the NCAA, i mean, whens the last time GT, or navy made any noise?) Does CA have the disciple, and strengths to play every gap the way they're suppose to, to stop it? i don't know. should be an interesting game. I know when Mote was there we didn't have to much trouble stopping it. (think back to THAT homecoming game)

Maybe you haven't noticed.....GT leads the nation in total offense at 630 yds/game. They're 2nd in the nation in rushing offense at 398 yds/game. Navy is 4th in the nation in rushing offense at 358 yds/game. When the veer is run right, its hard to stop especially at the high school level.

Well, it is finally time to get back to it after the long bye week. Cats still lookin good in their practices and the coaches have really been puttin 'em through it. I have watched film over CA and don't really know how they beat Huntland so bad. I wasn't very impressed to say the least....that being said CA is 5-0 and have won convincingly every time...so we won't take them lightly. Get ready CA you step up with the big dogs now....gonna be a long road for ya now and it starts in Wayne Co. We'll see just how for real ya'll are?! Go Cats!!! :thumb:

Well, it is finally time to get back to it after the long bye week. Cats still lookin good in their practices and the coaches have really been puttin 'em through it. I have watched film over CA and don't really know how they beat Huntland so bad. I wasn't very impressed to say the least....that being said CA is 5-0 and have won convincingly every time...so we won't take them lightly. Get ready CA you step up with the big dogs now....gonna be a long road for ya now and it starts in Wayne Co. We'll see just how for real ya'll are?! Go Cats!!! :thumb:

Hope WC wins big. I'd sure like to see those over priviliged kids get hit in the mouth. Show'em some real football guys. Even if it did mean another loss for LC this year I sure wish we still played ya'll. Always a great game.

I know a few coaches at the high school level who can run the veer in many different sets, looks, and blocking schemes.they even have a few trick plays and called plays to give an to keep. Belly, G, and Con Option to name a few I know off hand. Most plays are called in order to get a playmaker the ball, just like any other offense. The veer can be almost impossible to defend without a major factor, a great EDGE player whether it be a defensive end or outside linebacker plays into the type of defense ran.

Bland has to have a fantastic game, along with #84. But that is only a factor if both sides of the Defense is effective.

Gap control tells the story this week for the Bulldogs, Wildcats make their own holes with a physical line. Bulldogs can keep it close and possibly a game if the two men I mention before can out play the play callers.....

Good luck to both teams

Hope WC wins big. I'd sure like to see those over priviliged kids get hit in the mouth. Show'em some real football guys. Even if it did mean another loss for LC this year I sure wish we still played ya'll. Always a great game.

I miss the WC vs LC game myself, talk to yalls coach and see if he will put WC back on that schedule in the near future, good luck to yall this week.

I miss WC playin LC and it always being the opener. It kinda always gave us an idea on just how good WC will be that year. I wish they would put our teams back on the schedules!

I know a few coaches at the high school level who can run the veer in many different sets, looks, and blocking schemes.they even have a few trick plays and called plays to give an to keep. Belly, G, and Con Option to name a few I know off hand. Most plays are called in order to get a playmaker the ball, just like any other offense. The veer can be almost impossible to defend without a major factor, a great EDGE player whether it be a defensive end or outside linebacker plays into the type of defense ran.

Bland has to have a fantastic game, along with #84. But that is only a factor if both sides of the Defense is effective.

Gap control tells the story this week for the Bulldogs, Wildcats make their own holes with a physical line. Bulldogs can keep it close and possibly a game if the two men I mention before can out play the play callers.....

Good luck to both teams

WC runs all three that you mentioned and some midline...Coach Rice loves the G... LOVES IT!!! We run this stuff out of diff. formates. I just think with the way these boys are runnin it right now it will be hard for anyone to stop us. It was meant for this team to come along and run the veer...