Blount County Football

countryREB

Keep in mind there weak that middle school does not have classifications - at least not like the high schools. The current coach at mms has won many games and many championships. He does not have the luxury of alcoa going to a different classification to play for their championship. Often, he must beat them twice.

Before anyone thinks I am dissing the hs coach, settle down. I am not. No doubt, the hs coach has won some games (BIG games) when he had less jimmy's and joe's. That is what is really so impressive about him to me. (Well that and I don't have a clue what play he is running next!) The other 95% of the games we should win given our talent, the great help he has coaching, etc, etc.

IMO - I don't know, but I bet the mms coach has won some games with a little less talent. So back off the coach a little there weak. Surely he does things that I don't agree with. I don't know if that makes him right or wrong. He cares enough about it to spend a huge amount of his time shaping 12, 13, 14, and evidently some 15 year olds. He doesn't have to and it could be alot worse. Just look around town. Evidently, he is doing a few things right in preparing the kids for high school. Like nearly all youth coaches in our area, a simple thank you to him would be more appropriate - again IMO.

Now, if my youngest kid doesn't get to play much for him in a couple of years...stay tuned! You can send me back this message. HA.

Well I haven't seen the little fella in a while but I bet he is a big 'un. Well I was holding back for a while and then one night I just saw all I needed to, lost what respect I had left for him. I am not blind and do not think any of you guys are either(at least not completely). I have seen enough. I will go out on a limb and say that , IMO ,by the time the kids get to that level that are pretty well trained in fundamentals. This 1 -2 yr period is the weakest link in the chain from bottom to top. If ya need a shoulder later on just let me know.

Edited by weaklink

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, a man that has won that many state championship at least deserves to have his name spelled right, Quarles. If you guys are butchering it up, I would hate to see what starz could do with it.

Jaik let me tri.... Qwaurells...uhhh....Qwurls.....noap....uhhhh.....Qwirls.......uhhhhhhhh.......Ca-whirls..... :wacko:

How's abowt jist Gee. Que....eye meen G.Q....... :blush:

Well, I got the chance yesterday to go up to Heritage and watch the Pee Wee / Midget championship games. I have only seen a couple of games this year, but got to see two really good football games yesterday. It turned out to be a beautiful day for football, even though the field conditions were a little less than ideal. Both games pitted Fairview vs. Maryville, with Fairview winning both games, the Pee Wee game 12-6 and the Midget game 6-0. Looked like Fairview Pee Wee O line and D line dominated that game, some good looking kids there. Maryville Pee Wees had several stud players, also (#40,#58,#33), and this was one of the best Pee Wee games I have seen. Looked to be two classy teams, during the handshake after the game, I witnessed coaches from the two sides hugging some of the opposing players and witnessed several of the coaches hugging as well. The Midget game was a hard hitting contest from both sides, #28 for Fairview got loose for a couple of long TD runs, one was called back, but other than those two runs, neither team could consistently move on the other. Great display of defense. All four teams looked well coached and the kids played extremely hard.

Well, I got the chance yesterday to go up to Heritage and watch the Pee Wee / Midget championship games. I have only seen a couple of games this year, but got to see two really good football games yesterday. It turned out to be a beautiful day for football, even though the field conditions were a little less than ideal. Both games pitted Fairview vs. Maryville, with Fairview winning both games, the Pee Wee game 12-6 and the Midget game 6-0. Looked like Fairview Pee Wee O line and D line dominated that game, some good looking kids there. Maryville Pee Wees had several stud players, also (#40,#58,#33), and this was one of the best Pee Wee games I have seen. Looked to be two classy teams, during the handshake after the game, I witnessed coaches from the two sides hugging some of the opposing players and witnessed several of the coaches hugging as well. The Midget game was a hard hitting contest from both sides, #28 for Fairview got loose for a couple of long TD runs, one was called back, but other than those two runs, neither team could consistently move on the other. Great display of defense. All four teams looked well coached and the kids played extremely hard.

Hey Jake I caught the games and what you may know is what a huge upset the peewee game was. Maryville had destroyed Fairview in a scrimmage and then beat them badly in the regular season game. For Fairview to win that game is nothing short of amazing. I was told their team is very young and just got better and better through out the year. Heck of a coaching job by those guys. I've already heard rumors of a coaching change at Maryville peewees. 4 years in a row with no superbowl victory in that program may have never happened before. The Fairview midgets was one of the best teams I personaly have ever seen. They gave up maybe 12 points all year. Alcoa grasshoppers face the Titans later this week for the title. Go Alcoa!

Hey Jake I caught the games and what you may know is what a huge upset the peewee game was. Maryville had destroyed Fairview in a scrimmage and then beat them badly in the regular season game. For Fairview to win that game is nothing short of amazing. I was told their team is very young and just got better and better through out the year. Heck of a coaching job by those guys. I've already heard rumors of a coaching change at Maryville peewees. 4 years in a row with no superbowl victory in that program may have never happened before. The Fairview midgets was one of the best teams I personaly have ever seen. They gave up maybe 12 points all year. Alcoa grasshoppers face the Titans later this week for the title. Go Alcoa!

Don't know about an upset, as I said, I have not got a chance to make but two games this year due to a bad work schedule....but I know the game yesterday was a great game. That staff from Maryville is a great bunch of guys and if I am not mistaken, none of their coaches even have a kid on the team, which tells you that they enjoy what they do. I don't think things will be changing there for a while. I agree the Fairview Midget team is a really good team, I saw them play the Bears earlier in the year and they looked very impressive....Don did a really good coaching job to keep that game to six points. Good luck to your Grasshoppers, if I don't have to work, I may try to make it to that game as well.

Coaching change for the Southerners? That would be crazy. Joey Winders and his staff do a great job for the Southerners. What has happened is Fairview has gotten a lot stronger. Fairview gets not only the county kids but some city kids also. A lot of those kids will go to Maryville.A lot of them will go to William Blount. Anyone wanting Joey to quit is an idiot. Joey has been coaching the Southerners for over 25 years. He coached all my nephews. They loved Joey. Joey has great assistants like Steve Fox,Joe Tipton,John Giles just to name a few. Joey Winders,David Hunt and Don Sentell do a great job for the Lil Rebs,Southerners and Rebs organization. Don Myers,Ricky Maples and Danny Maples do a great job for the Titans,Cubs and Bears organization. The Fairview guys do a great job also. Ricky Young has been the Fairview Midget coach for as long as I can remember. Maryville's youth league coaches are 2nd to none.

Same guy that said Coach Story was sorry ... what do you expect ??!! Joey Winders will coach as long as he wants to , and we are all very Lucky to have him !! Joey treats all of those young boys like they were his own ... it amazes me the amount of dedication we have in our community from guys like Joey and all of those other guys that RebelRon mentioned . We all owe all of these guys a big thanks , they are a huge part of the success that both Maryville and Alcoa have had in Football .

Alcoa Nation: " I've already heard rumors of a coaching change at Maryville peewees."

Thanks for posting the most ridiculous statement I believe I have ever read in all my years on Coach T. :roflol:

You say that like there's probably not a parent or three out there who wants it to happen........

We're calling for the heads of the middle school coaches on this thread, why not take the peewee coach out too? I mean, the program it's obviously slipping.

Some of the statements like I have read in this thread are why I am somewhat dreading Sol Jr. getting involved in sports in a few years. (Although luckily Coach Malone has already promised me a starting LB spot for Jr. when he hits middle school.)

Edited by Solomon