Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

Only matters if mommy's happy. He can play, remember it's A ball.

Personally I dont think it matters where he plays, he just wants an opportunity to play based on his skills not his size. Any kid that wants to play in college needs to find the "best fit" for them no matter what level that is.

A lot of people seem to take for granted that just because a team is single A that they can't compete with triple A schools. There are several in the State that can compete with them, FC has beaten several triple A's as has Eagleville and Riverside (God Bless them). Not trying to say that they can beat all of them but they can compete with most.

Haderade knows this. He illini, and haebvol are thanking their stars their coaches were smart enough not to schedule "A" teams like FC, Eagleville, Riverside, etc. Their kids have played travel ball with and against many of these "A" ball kids for years when their boys weren't getting cut or sitting the bench behind these "A" players for not being as good - then or now.

A lot of people seem to take for granted that just because a team is single A that they can't compete with triple A schools. There are several in the State that can compete with them, FC has beaten several triple A's as has Eagleville and Riverside (God Bless them). Not trying to say that they can beat all of them but they can compete with most.

I agree completely friendship could beat anyone in 9AAA on a given night, and are head and shoulders above some of the teams in that district as they have already proven.

Only matters if mommy's happy. He can play, remember it's A ball.

Hmmm sounds like to me that you might be worried that some of the "A" players from FCS might get a chance to play somewhere in college and discredit their ability to play a competative schedule. Maybe you should ask your coach to schedule a game with the FCS team and see how you fair against them? If I am not mistaken this team has consistantly returned to the state for several years.

Haderade knows this. He illini, and haebvol are thanking their stars their coaches were smart enough not to schedule "A" teams like FC, Eagleville, Riverside, etc. Their kids have played travel ball with and against many of these "A" ball kids for years when their boys weren't getting cut or sitting the bench behind these "A" players for not being as good - then or now.

I cannot speak for Haderade and Haebvol but I'm not thanking anyone about the schedule the coaches make out. That's none of my business. We play who we play. I have said on this board many many times, that I like the players at FC, I think they have a great team and I root for them to win.

How this conversation went from where a catcher is going to play college baseball, or if he can play at the D1 level, to what would happen it A teams played AAA teams is nuts. I guess when Haderade mentioned A ball.

Now if this jab about "their boys getting cut or sitting the bench behind these A ball players " is supposed to be an attempt to get some sort of opinion from me on this matter then here it is.

If you want to beleive that single A teams can... night in and night out compete in AAA ball go ahead and believe it. We all know it's not true, but if it makes you feel better more power to you. Beating a few AAA teams while throwing you 1 or 2 pitcher against the AAA teams 4-5 pitcher and squeaking out a win does it for you then roll with it. Now if you want to play Farragut, Science Hill, Collierville, Barlett, Tullahoma, Riverdale as well as district 9 you will be a .500 ball club.

As far as stitting the bench or getting cut behind these A ball players, That never happened.

So go on and beat Boyd Buchanan , Trousdale Co. Watertown and Red Boiling Springs and live your dream.

By the way one of those AAA players that you say sit the bench and got cut? Is committing to a D1 school next week.

Hmmm sounds like to me that you might be worried that some of the "A" players from FCS might get a chance to play somewhere in college and discredit their ability to play a competative schedule. Maybe you should ask your coach to schedule a game with the FCS team and see how you fair against them? If I am not mistaken this team has consistantly returned to the state for several years.

I don't even know how to respond to this comment. I hope that the FCS players do well and go as far as they can with their baseball careers.. or football or grades or whatever. I am merely posting opinions on talent.

I don't even know how to respond to this comment. I hope that the FCS players do well and go as far as they can with their baseball careers.. or football or grades or whatever. I am merely posting opinions on talent.

We'd prefer & recommend you stick to gauging AAA talent rather than trying to judge our little "A" talent. For that matter, win a STATE TITLE then you might gain some cred with the teams and programs who have. In the end your opinion is worth what it cost the coach T readers. FC's record vs AAA teams in general and especially those from your district speaks for itself.

I'm sure we all know why Purvis won't schedule FC so there is no need to beat a dead horse. Best of luck to our friends at MJ.

Edited by Volzchamps

I cannot speak for Haderade and Haebvol but I'm not thanking anyone about the schedule the coaches make out. That's none of my business. We play who we play. I have said on this board many many times, that I like the players at FC, I think they have a great team and I root for them to win.

How this conversation went from where a catcher is going to play college baseball, or if he can play at the D1 level, to what would happen it A teams played AAA teams is nuts. I guess when Haderade mentioned A ball.

Now if this jab about "their boys getting cut or sitting the bench behind these A ball players " is supposed to be an attempt to get some sort of opinion from me on this matter then here it is.

If you want to beleive that single A teams can... night in and night out compete in AAA ball go ahead and believe it. We all know it's not true, but if it makes you feel better more power to you. Beating a few AAA teams while throwing you 1 or 2 pitcher against the AAA teams 4-5 pitcher and squeaking out a win does it for you then roll with it. Now if you want to play Farragut, Science Hill, Collierville, Barlett, Tullahoma, Riverdale as well as district 9 you will be a .500 ball club.

As far as stitting the bench or getting cut behind these A ball players, That never happened.

So go on and beat Boyd Buchanan , Trousdale Co. Watertown and Red Boiling Springs and live your dream.

There are two good teams in 9aaa and Friendship could without a doubt compete nigh in and night out. And for playing Farragut, Science Hill, Collierville, Bertlett, Tullahoma, and Riverdale it seems every time you see them in the state tournament you go 0 and 2 I gruntee you Friendship can do that. Also squeaking out wins is a bit of a stretch seeing as they beat two of them worse than Mj did in the same week after playing a tournament.

By the way one of those AAA players that you say sit the bench and got cut? Is committing to a D1 school next week.

There are two good teams in 9aaa and Friendship could without a doubt compete nigh in and night out. And for playing Farragut, Science Hill, Collierville, Bertlett, Tullahoma, and Riverdale it seems every time you see them in the state tournament you go 0 and 2 I gruntee you Friendship can do that. Also squeaking out wins is a bit of a stretch seeing as they beat two of them worse than Mj did in the same week after playing a tournament.

Illini, if you take the handful of top 1A schools that have good/great number 1 and 2 pitchers and who have solid hitting 1 thru 9 and play solid defense and put them in the district with these AAA schools where they have to play them as a district opponent (which means the AAA would have to pitch their 1's and 2's then yeah the top 1A schools might be .500 but so would those 3A's. Take Riverdale for instance. They have 1 top pitcher but if you match him against a top 1A's best they have a 50/50 chance. Yes they have good hitters but so do the top 1A's. Does every 1A have that chance, no but you seem to be hung up on thinking the ace for a 3A school will out class or out do a top 1A pitcher. If both are throwing 88-92 and have good junk that's an even and these 1A's that are on top play the toughest competition they can get to play them because they want to be challenged so at the end of the year they're ready for the run to State. They may have to play those teams in their own districts that are not powerhouses every year but if you look at who they schedule outside their district it's usually the top 1A's and as many 2A and 3A teams as possible. I don't think we're trying to say that a top 1A could beat, Farragut, Collierville, Riverdale and the top 3A's day in and out but could they match up and beat them some of the time yes and yes with their 1's and 2's versus 1's and 2's.

We'd prefer & recommend you stick to gauging AAA talent rather than trying to judge our little "A" talent. For that matter, win a STATE TITLE then you might gain some cred with the teams and programs who have. In the end your opinion is worth what it cost the coach T readers. FC's record vs AAA teams in general and especially those from your district speaks for itself.

I'm sure we all know why Purvis won't schedule FC so there is no need to beat a dead horse. Best of luck to our friends at MJ.

You are an idiot.....anytime you would like to discuss in person let me know when and where so we can have discussion that is not on a message board.

Edited by FightinIllini