Alcoa vs. Kingston

alcoadaddy

Next year's Alcoa team will feature the following:

**OFFENSE**

QB: Peyton Wall (lose Donald Oggs)

RB: Ezekial Koko, Jarrod Crenshaw, Malik Love, Landon Turbyfill (lose Vanderbilt Hambrick & Zach Chapman)

WR: Jordan Ferguson, Kenny Dean (lose Cody Lewis & Lajuan Warfield

TE: Dalton Owenby

OL: Thomas Loy, Braylen Young, Shane Franklin (lose J.T. Rankin & Steven Manuel)

Offensively we are looking at a team with an experienced quarterback, 2 outstanding receivers + a great tight end, a deep backfield, and an offensive line that returns 3 of it's 5 starters.

**DEFENSE**

DL: Dalton Owenby, Braylen Young, Corey Long (lose Colby Tate)

LB: Jarrod Crenshaw, Brandon Strissel, Landon Turbyfill, Ezekial Koko, Caleb Burchfield

DB: Mustafa Anthony, Kenny Dean (lose Cody Lewis, Vanderbilt Hambrick, & Lejuan Warfield)

Defensively we are looking at a team with a front 7 that will basically be 100% the same as the guys playing those slots this year. The secondary loses some players but they aren't completely depleted by any means (this year from last year's secondary lost Steven Isom & Austin Tallent).

This is just a football fan's take on how Alcoa's football team shakes out in 2012. I'd expect next year's team to be very similar to some of the other great teams Alcoa has had during this run. This year's team does have a lot of guys who are in their first year of playing varsity football. Injuries have forced others into having to play, for the first time, as well. This experience is only going to help those guys adapt to what it takes at this level and as they continue I'd look for these Tornadoes to only get better with each passing game.

Don't forget the fact that your middle school team is loaded this year and while you may not get a lot out them as freshmen, the 2013,2014, and 2015 years have to look very bright. As Maryville fans say, the pipeline is full.

Next year's Alcoa team will feature the following:

**OFFENSE**

QB: Peyton Wall (lose Donald Oggs)

RB: Ezekial Koko, Jarrod Crenshaw, Malik Love, Landon Turbyfill (lose Vanderbilt Hambrick & Zach Chapman)

WR: Jordan Ferguson, Kenny Dean (lose Cody Lewis & Lajuan Warfield

TE: Dalton Owenby

OL: Thomas Loy, Braylen Young, Shane Franklin (lose J.T. Rankin & Steven Manuel)

Offensively we are looking at a team with an experienced quarterback, 2 outstanding receivers + a great tight end, a deep backfield, and an offensive line that returns 3 of it's 5 starters.

**DEFENSE**

DL: Dalton Owenby, Braylen Young, Corey Long (lose Colby Tate)

LB: Jarrod Crenshaw, Brandon Strissel, Landon Turbyfill, Ezekial Koko, Caleb Burchfield

DB: Mustafa Anthony, Kenny Dean (lose Cody Lewis, Vanderbilt Hambrick, & Lejuan Warfield)

Defensively we are looking at a team with a front 7 that will basically be 100% the same as the guys playing those slots this year. The secondary loses some players but they aren't completely depleted by any means (this year from last year's secondary lost Steven Isom & Austin Tallent).

This is just a football fan's take on how Alcoa's football team shakes out in 2012. I'd expect next year's team to be very similar to some of the other great teams Alcoa has had during this run. This year's team does have a lot of guys who are in their first year of playing varsity football. Injuries have forced others into having to play, for the first time, as well. This experience is only going to help those guys adapt to what it takes at this level and as they continue I'd look for these Tornadoes to only get better with each passing game.

Great post. I also think with all the playing time Flack is getting at TE he will be much improved, and maybe move owenby to Tackle where he will be playin in college. I have watched Love play a few times and i think he has the makings of a shutdown corner. Also u didnt mention the 2 OLB that had to play friday night #42, and #45, they are young and that means the LBs will have more depth next year also. Like most have said nobody gonna feel sorry for Alcoa, and i dont think fans should be in panic mode. Also i hear the 8th graders are AWESOME and there are a few 9th graders that can help next year, so the future is still bright.

Hate to tell you this killer but teams refused to play Alcoa. Do you think we just paid Booker T Washington to come here for 3-4 years in a row for the fun of it? I guess we like the road trip to Kentucky as well seeing as we went there what 3-4 years? Signal Mountain avoided us, South Pitt avoided us, Heritage avoided us, William Blount avoided us everyone else schedule was either full or didnt match up with ours. Good try though.

No way anybody can reasonably challenge or question the toughness of Alcoa's schedule.

yeah there 3 and 0 in their district but they beat loudon who lost to stone memorial and stone memorial usually aren't that good. They beat a scott county team who has gotten blown out by every tough team they have played and then they beat an untested and overrated kingston team. There 3 hardest games they have all lost and two of them weren't even close and like i said before they'll be lucky to stop CAK and beat them to.

Edited by volfan1085

And the only reason they have won eight in a row is because they play in the weakest region in the state because they have beaten goodpasture and milan two teams that don't even deserve to be there. If they moved up to like 5 or 6A I don't think they would even get in the playoffs and if they did they would lose in the first or second round to maryville or farragut.

Most Maryville fans want Alcoa to move up to 6A so we can all see just how weak they are, but i am willing to bet they couldn't win it all in 4A, let alone in 5 or 6A. Alcoa has a great program for the smaller school division, but it is down right ignorant to say that they are in the top 5 teams in the entire state in all classifications.

Blah, blah, blah.......

• Upvote 1

And the only reason they have won eight in a row is because they play in the weakest region in the state because they have beaten goodpasture and milan two teams that don't even deserve to be there. If they moved up to like 5 or 6A I don't think they would even get in the playoffs and if they did they would lose in the first or second round to maryville or farragut.

U just can't fix stupid! Lol!

• Upvote 1

Most Maryville fans want Alcoa to move up to 6A so we can all see just how weak they are, but i am willing to bet they couldn't win it all in 4A, let alone in 5 or 6A. Alcoa has a great program for the smaller school division, but it is down right ignorant to say that they are in the top 5 teams in the entire state in all classifications.

Well, seeing as how people have only claimed Alcoa to be a top 5 team in the state the previous two years.....Remind me again good sir, How did they do against the 6A powerhouse State Runner Up and State Champions the past two years? Hmmmm?? Hmmmm? :rolleyes: