Wartburg and Alcoa

acrazedstaindfan

Posted by DEION:

Being from Alcoa, I agree with some of the comments that were made, however, we did not have a lot of discipline from higher up. One thing I can say positive about Coach Dalton is that there will be a lot of discipline! O.K. - back to the game... I feel that these posts underestimate Alcoa. This is still the fastest team Wartburg has seen since last year at this time. You can practice and run the offense we run, but your srimmage partners will look nothing like what you will see friday night. This is a must win for Alcoa also. The winner will be going to the playoffs. Although young, these freshman believe still! It would take a very determined Wartburg team to stop them friday night based on skill verses skill. I think Alcoa's quickness will make the difference.

I want to know what we did at Alcoa to make you say were so cocky and arrogant. We dont talk anymore than maryville or oliver springs, as a matter of fact all they want to do is fight. It seems like sally is right, that 70 points we put up must have really hurt your feelings.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by 2000StateChamp:
Posted by DEION:

I want to know what we did at Alcoa to make you say were so cocky and arrogant. We dont talk anymore than maryville or oliver springs, as a matter of fact all they want to do is fight. It seems like sally is right, that 70 points we put up must have really hurt your feelings.

Hey, just for the record, the post I had above about cocky teams was referring to cocky teams in GENERAL, not necessarily Alcoa. I did HEAR that they were very cocky last year, though. I can't believe you said OS just wants to fight! To me, they seem laid back and easy going. Please don't put down my Bobcats! ;)

Oh well, about the game. I wish I could see it, because it should be a good one. Even though Alcoa had a rough night against OS bc of mistakes and bad luck, I wouldn't count on that to happen very often. Alcoa has a very good team, but so does Wartburg, so I think the winner will be whoever plays the most mistake free game this Friday. :x;)

[Edited by cwp76 on 10-14-02 2:10P]

I am from Alcoa and have not missed a game in over 5 years. If you were at games last year, surely you know what people were complaining about. For example: last years Harriman game. We had a great tailback whom got ejected again, took his helmet off and yelled the 4 letter sex term loud enough to be heard in the stands, and then threw his helmet from about mid-field and one hopped the sideline fence. Remember? It's instances like this one and a couple of others last year that give this proud and storied program great embarrasment. One things for sure, it wont happen as long as Dalton is there. It got so bad last year, it was mentioned in board meetings! We had a great team and should have been in the clinic bowl again. We also had classy players over the past couple of years such as Michael, Stink, Messy, Gregory, Daniel, and others. But, it doesn't take but one or two to overshadow a great number! I dont think it was so much as being cocky as it was attitude. Alcoa is a good young team with discipline now! They will be a great team in the future! Good luck to the Tornadoes on friday. I see a win and the playoffs in our future!

Posted by bgunter:

Wartburg has more than enough reasons to want to kick the crap out of alcoa, mainly for their smart mouths and cockiness. wartburg hates alcoa, and its just because they don't know how to win, they are trash, and everyone except them knows that fact.

wartburg will have to play an extremely tough football game, and will have to hit alcoa in the mouth to win. alcoa is still a decent team, having a down year, but still they are improving. i think wartburg can win, but the deciding factor is who wants it more.

I'll agree that if ever there was a year for Wartburg to get a little payback, this is the year.

Wartburg has one athlete that can beat you on offense, the QB. A couple years ago he put up 600 yeards of offense on Alcoa, but they lost a lot to a little. He is still the only athlete they have and I know 11 hungry silver bullets that are ready to make friday night miserable for Wartburgs QB.

Alcoa-28

Wartburg-7

Here you go---Wartburg, 34, Alcoa 14

I'll say it--The DAWGS have more than one athlete in their backfield. Led by QB John T. Armes, TB Ryan Gunter, WB Derek Daugherty, Trais Aytes, and WB Knight. People can say they don't have any speed, but....

OS, which OSs Coach Johnson claims is slow each and every year, (I know they aren't as slow as he leads on, but...)SHUT-OUT Alcoa 30-0, so....I'm saying Wartburg all the way

Alcoa06 is that your age or your IQ? The current quarterback for the Bulldogs didn't put up over 600 yards against Alcoa two years ago, because he wasn't evening starting then. As for the 11 silver bullets comment, the 11 stud bullets you had last season at Alcoa had a hard time with Armes (QB). Wartburg has more weapons than the QB, and believe me, there will be just as many bullets firing back at the Tornadoes. The 'Dogs will be chomping at the bit to get a chance at Alcoa. My prediction: Wartburg 34 Alcoa 21.

Did you say too QUICK?????? Are you outta your mind? Too quick for the Tornadoes? Do you wanna line up player for player? There is no way that Wartburg can even mention too quick when comparing with the Tornadoes! I can buy the rest, but not that comparison. It's going to be a good game and maybe this will be Wartburg's year... but it is not going to be because you are faster than the Tornadoes. If our win - loss column was based on team speed, we would still be the gem of the region, and undefeated! However, it is not and we have our 3 wins! Anyway, good luck friday night.