Gallatin @ Mt Juliet

SCBisondad

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be the best game this week. Two undefeated powerhouse teams. Too bad it is not on TV. Good luck to both teams and hopefuly no injuries to either side. Not knowing anything about either team my gut feeling says Mt.Juliet but not by much.

Not that this has anything to do with Friday's game. But on a side note. MJ's freshmen beat Gallatin's freshmen. I believe it was 22-6. I expect a WHOLE lot more scoring and alot closer outcome from the varsity come Fri night. Go BEARS!

Not that this has anything to do with Friday's game. But on a side note. MJ's freshmen beat Gallatin's freshmen. I believe it was 22-6. I expect a WHOLE lot more scoring and alot closer outcome from the varsity come Fri night. Go BEARS!

Just goes to show you what must be done to Mt Juliet. Stop the fullback and the outside pitch. Easier said than done.

Looks like nobody outside the Gallatin faithful give the Green Wave a chance tomorrow night. Thats fine.

Just goes to show you what must be done to Mt Juliet. Stop the fullback and the outside pitch. Easier said than done.

Looks like nobody outside the Gallatin faithful give the Green Wave a chance tomorrow night. Thats fine.

GWAVE1, the coacht pollsters have GHS with a 50.8% at this time to win the game. I'm pretty sure the whole 50.8% are not all Gallatin faithful. I for one think this could go either way. In fact, I think MJ will have to play their best game to date in order for them to win this one. It's GAMEDAY! Go BEARS!

That FB is a beast and w/ the 2 really fast WBs makes for a deadly combination. Then on the defensive side of the ball you have to deal w/ that defensive lineman #9 who is also a beast. I believe Gallatin may very well be the best team in 5A but MJ probably passes the "better than anything in 5A" threshold.....

District title lead is on the line in a short time. I have been looking forward to this game for months. The District title coupled with an undefeated mark could go a long way in the playoffs for homefield advantage. Wind is dying down and the cool temps are going to make for a great night for football. Let roll Green Wave lets roll!!

Good luck to my Golden Bears! From an old Bear himself living in Knoxville. I still remember the packed stands and 3 deep standing around the fences for this game every year. I have no clue what each team has or how good they are, but if its like the old days, one thing is for sure, this will be a hard hitting, no holds barred, type of game. Good luck to both for an injury free game. :thumb:

Disgusting game by Gallatin. Credit to Mt. Juliet though. They were genuinely a very good team. The Green Wave was DOMINATED in every phase of the game. Not really any other way to say it. These blowout losses are getting prettttty old. My biggest gripe on this game however, is that the Gallatin coaching staff clearly was not prepared for this game. And that carries over to your players. When the coaches are clueless on the sidelines, the players will follow suit. Congratulations to MJ. I don't hate you guys quite as much as Hendersonville or Beech, but you guys certainly earned your win tonight. I actually feel like I should apologize on behalf of Gallatin for giving you guys such a boring game. Hope the Bears keep it up all the way to Cookeville. As for the Green Wave... Oh dear. I'm not real happy with the body of film Hatfield and Crabtree have on our team now. Perhaps I'm overreacting, but championship caliber teams don't suffer losses like this at any point during the season. Back to the ole' drawing board. Oh, and Fire Lassiter - Fire Lovett.

I was saying it all week, you have to be able to tackle and stop that sweep. Gallatin did not do a good job of either. Mt Juliet was tough to tackle and the runningbacks looked really good. The Qb Chowbay was good under pressure and completed two beautiful strikes for scores. All in all, Gallatin could do nothing to stop Mt Juliet. They may be the best team we have seen so far. The thing I like most about Perry is also the the thing I hatemost, when he gets up on you he applies pressure and goes for the throat. He does not let up and it was obvious that he was trying hard to get that 35 point spread so the clock would run. I have no problem with that. Just wish Gallatin would play that way sometimes. By the way, Chowbay launched some beautiful punts tonight. Those 2 weeks of preparation really payed off for the Bears. They came out and scored and scored. Gallatin had no answer.

Gallatin, better learn to tackle at the point of contact. The Green Wave's next 3 opponents all run some form of the wing-t. Gallatin looked very flat at first. Why in the world they sent the players out 10 mins before kickoff is beyond me. And for the first time this year, I was not happy with the play calling at times. I thought the Wave should have pounded the rock until the Wave was forced to throw. Instead, it looked like throwing the ball was the game plan. Granted there after the 1st quarter it looked like the Wave had to throw the ball to stay in the game.

All in all, Gallatin more than likely won't win the district title. Gallatin probably lost that coveted homefield advantage as well for the playoffs. But the Wave are 6-1 and have the toughest part of the schedule behind them. Not too mention they are playing with a second string sophomore QB and had to deal with a multitude of early season suspensions. Gallatin needs to go back to work this week and focus on the Commandos.

MJpride, what did you see? I don't think you got to see Gallatin at their best tonight. Mt Juliet obviously is better than I thought they would be.