Greenback hosts Grace

matback

Its a good thing to be cautiously optimistic and to respect all opponents,but trust me,GB is not an AC or CAK. They are a good 1a team and I hope they have a great run,but I just don't see this game that close. But I hope its a dandy and everyone enjoys seeing to very good teams at their best.The score is tied at 0 to 0 as we speak. Who knows.

I am not sure how CAK stacks up to last year's CAK team. I think this game will be closer than many think, plus it is in Greenback.

Somebody had to start this topic and I really didn't want to be the one to do it but..............

Grace from what I can tell has some really good skill people and that Offense is hard to follow on the defensive side of the ball

Greenback has been very explosive in their own right so will this be a shootout or will both staffs scheme the other O and have a defensive slugfest?

lets hear it!!

mat...Eye saw Grace agin CAK....Thay haiv a vurry potint offence....Wushin' tha Kees best ov luck in this 'un....Uhgree wif sumbodee who sed Greenbaik want sea anuthur teem this good till deeeeeep in tha playoffs..... :popcorneater:

unfortunately i gotta go with grace in this one... it's hard to beat a team who hand picks their players. on a side note why is grace ranked in any polls? they can't play in the playoffs, right??

Well this is why we play on friday's and talk about it on monday's,cant tell you what will happen untill its over,but these young men at Greenback will stand toe to toe with any one,may not win but they will get after you!As for last years game not even worth comparing,70% of our offense was out,at least 50% of defense was out,had to get some kids healthy for the playoffs and still didnt quite accomplish that.Greenback has been known as giant killers in the past winning the ones no one expected them to win,am i saying they will win no,am i saying they can win?HECK yes they can!I will tell you this these young men have no quit in them.Expect a tough ballgame from two good teams.Good luck to both and pray for a clean injury free game.

Well this is why we play on friday's and talk about it on monday's,cant tell you what will happen untill its over,but these young men at Greenback will stand toe to toe with any one,may not win but they will get after you!As for last years game not even worth comparing,70% of our offense was out,at least 50% of defense was out,had to get some kids healthy for the playoffs and still didnt quite accomplish that.Greenback has been known as giant killers in the past winning the ones no one expected them to win,am i saying they will win no,am i saying they can win?HECK yes they can!I will tell you this these young men have no quit in them.Expect a tough ballgame from two good teams.Good luck to both and pray for a clean injury free game.

You are correct. Last year's game was basically conceded before it even started. Too many play makers out, coaches had to look at the bigger picture and get ready for a playoff run. This year should be a different story. Grace will be a formidable opponent and they are certainly capable of winning this game but anyone expecting a repeat of last year may be a bit disappointed.

unfortunately i gotta go with grace in this one... it's hard to beat a team who hand picks their players. on a side note why is grace ranked in any polls? they can't play in the playoffs, right??

We appreciate the pick, even if it hurt you to pick GCA. As far as the "hand picked" players comment, if that were the case, I would hope that we could get more than 14 kids that can play. We consistently play around 14 kids on offense and defense, both ways, just like the other 1A and some 2A schools must do. That's what made the victories over Carter, Anderson County and CAK even more impressive. Those teams, as larger schools have the luxury of doing, were able to play most of their players on one side of the ball and rest them while our guys went both ways. It's the same with all small schools and makes it hard for all of us to compete against the larger schools. I would encourage you to come watch this game, you will see 2 small schools with a bunch of players going both ways and leaving everything on the field.

MAJ, you are right, I said that earlier, last year's contest will in no way resemble this year's game. Looking for a great game Friday night and more talk this week.

I don't think you will find many people who are not pulling for you fellers,I'm not even saying you don't have a chance ,but if you are beter than Grace,you've got several games yet to play.If you can just keep it close ,you've got a fine team.

I don't think you will find many people who are not pulling for you fellers,I'm not even saying you don't have a chance ,but if you are beter than Grace,you've got several games yet to play.If you can just keep it close ,you've got a fine team.

pujo,i know who you are pulling for especially in these public verses private matchups.But your little quote on your post says it all-dont worry about the mule just load the wagon-thats all these kids can do is just load the wagon and see how far that gets them this week!I love these kind of matchups,and there is just something about playing at home in that little town that is just awesome!

3 TD's is a funny one. Have you been to a game between these 2 schools? Answer: NO. You know what you read in the paper, that's it. This will be a hard fought game and the one that comes out on top will have to earn it.

Last year, GB had a couple of kids out and their TB was held out to heal for the playoffs. I wouldn't judge this game by last years performance. Go back 2 years and you will see what I expect this game.

Well while I have not saw these two teams play each other this season I suspect neither have you since they haven't yet. I did see the game 2 years ago & this GCA team would have beaten that one. I have, however, saw Greenback play Oneida @ Greenback & watched GCA twice against CAK & AC. I'm with the pujo on this one. It doesn't seem close to me either. My heart wants GB to light it up but my head says it's a long shot at best. I think GCA will have to much for GB to handle & GCA wins this one going away. As for how much, well let's just say I think pujo is being nice. As for your not wanting to "bash" GB & say it's gonna be a nail biter I do respect that but I suspect you suffer from a condition that coaches know as "poor mouth". Best of luck to both squads.

pujo,i know who you are pulling for especially in these public verses private matchups.But your little quote on your post says it all-dont worry about the mule just load the wagon-thats all these kids can do is just load the wagon and see how far that gets them this week!I love these kind of matchups,and there is just something about playing at home in that little town that is just awesome!

Been to that little town several times orngnblk and I absolutely love the atmosphere. Signs on every nook and cranny. You can feel the pride. I'm sure this will bring out the best in you're guys.They'll fight like wildcats,hopefully it will be enough to pull out a win.DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE MULE,JUST LOAD THE WAGON should be the motto the rest of the week.