Jo Byrns Vs. The Bye Week

MOTO24

A much needed bye week is ahead for the Devils. Is it possible that the Tank can make it back for the playoffs or is that a pipe dream? Are we dead in the water this year? Is it possible that we'll be better by this time next year than we are this year...that sounds crazy but just think about it for a moment...? How far do you think we'll make it in the playoffs? Do we win the District (i.e. is a healthy CA better than an injured JB).

A lot of things to discuss so let's get it started.

Hey come on down to South Pitt. We are playing at home against a 6A school. We would like to have you guys down. Kickoff at 7:00 Central. 717 Elm Avenue.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey come on down to South Pitt. We are playing at home against a 6A school. We would like to have you guys down. Kickoff at 7:00 Central. 717 Elm Avenue.

Pearl I wish It wasn't that far of a drive... I come down last year and forgot you guys are in the eastern time zone, by the time we got there it was halftime.... Anyway good luck to the pirates, anytime a 1A school plays up in classification especially up to 6A you will have ur hands full... But them pirates I know won't back down !!!

The verdict is still pending on Jo Byrns this year in my estimation.

They have picked up 4 wins this season. They slammed East Robertson, Houston County, and White House-Heritage. I'd say they will do the same thing to McEwen and Nashville Christian as well.

In their 1 "quality" victory they won 35-27 in what was a real battle against Cascade.

The Red Devils have 3 losses on their resume against Macon County (35-7), Humboldt (34-14), and Cheatham County (35-14). Playing a more "difficult" non-district schedule has taken it's toll physically. Will it prepare the Red Devils mentally for when they have to play good teams in Class 1A in the Quarterfinals, Seminfals, etc. in the playoffs? That remains to be seen but I do know that I would not bet against the Adkins Express in a November postseason game.

The one remaining "challenge" that remains in the regular season for Jo Byrns will come against Clarksville Academy. That should be more of a "fair" way to gauge this Red Devils team because it will actually be against another team in the class (Humboldt's athleticism is not normal for a Class A school). It will also be "fair" because it will be after Coach Adkins has had some time to prepare some of these guys that are being thrown into the fire due to untimely injuries that have taken place through the course of this season.

The verdict is still pending on Jo Byrns this year in my estimation.

They have picked up 4 wins this season. They slammed East Robertson, Houston County, and White House-Heritage. I'd say they will do the same thing to McEwen and Nashville Christian as well.

In their 1 "quality" victory they won 35-27 in what was a real battle against Cascade.

The Red Devils have 3 losses on their resume against Macon County (35-7), Humboldt (34-14), and Cheatham County (35-14). Playing a more "difficult" non-district schedule has taken it's toll physically. Will it prepare the Red Devils mentally for when they have to play good teams in Class 1A in the Quarterfinals, Seminfals, etc. in the playoffs? That remains to be seen but I do know that I would not bet against the Adkins Express in a November postseason game.

The one remaining "challenge" that remains in the regular season for Jo Byrns will come against Clarksville Academy. That should be more of a "fair" way to gauge this Red Devils team because it will actually be against another team in the class (Humboldt's athleticism is not normal for a Class A school). It will also be "fair" because it will be after Coach Adkins has had some time to prepare some of these guys that are being thrown into the fire due to untimely injuries that have taken place through the course of this season.

I belive howdoitknow2 knows what's up! +1 here :thumb:

I have nothing but the greatest amount of respect for Jo Byrns football and coach Adkins and everything they have accomplished over the last decade. I was offended when a fan referred to my team as being "cheap" a few weeks ago but now that I look back on it I'll just say that is his opinion and he is entitled to it. As far as Jo Byrns football itself is concerned I'll always wish them nothing but the best of luck.

Just to give you all something else to talk about on your bye week... Jo Byrns and White House Heritage Middle Schools will play today @7:00 at Jo Byrns for what will be the Championship game (no playoffs in middle school) Heritage is undefeated and I think JB has one "tie" with East Robertson, and has won the rest of their games as well. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. But should be a good game. WHH has some really good players coming up. JB has another great QB coming up as well. Come watch.

That was a pretty good prognosis; JBS is about the same they were last year w/ the exception of the defense being down a little bit, but the tougher schedule has made them look worse than they really are. When you play better teams 99% of the time it is that team that causes it to look like there is no emotion, hustle, or whatever you want to call it. Having said that, the 2 injuries are a pretty big deal and may/may not put them behind last years squad. I still believe JBS will be fine come play off time but the field in the west is a little tougher this year than it was last IMO. I look for them to make it to at least the 3rd round and then it will get really tough.....

I have nothing but the greatest amount of respect for Jo Byrns football and coach Adkins and everything they have accomplished over the last decade. I was offended when a fan referred to my team as being "cheap" a few weeks ago but now that I look back on it I'll just say that is his opinion and he is entitled to it. As far as Jo Byrns football itself is concerned I'll always wish them nothing but the best of luck.

We Pirate fans were nothing but impressed with Coach Adkins and his team. The team were nothing but 1st class sportsmen and that is almost always a reflection of the coach.

I would never hesitate to defend him or his teams. You guys have someone to be proud of and hope we can meet again, one day, to let yall see how playing these more physical teams has helped you. Good Luck Red Devils and Go Pirates!!

Edited by TheBlackPearl